Zero Punctuation: Inversion

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Falseprophet said:
trollpwner said:
Ha! That ending really got me!

Anyway, does anyone mind spoiling that plot twist for me? (In tags, natch.) I mean, after that, it's not like I was going to play it anyway.

EDIT: never mind, I found out and it makes sense.

If you want spoilers, go to this forum.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/977455-inversion/63049549
That's a bit like Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom then, but in that game you can start figuring out the twist by the end of the first "generation".
It's remarkably similar to Phantasy Star III. But yes, in PSIII there was some foreshadowing before the big reveal at the end. Wasn't there a village in the second generation where elders told the whole story? I'm not quite sure. I'm surprised anyone remembers PSIII.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
It's sort of like Dark City but without the gripping plot and amazing visuals and proper use of super powers.

So, boring.

Zero Serenity

Nov 21, 2009
...and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Brisbane.

In Rugby 'wickshire born and raised in my bedroom I would spend most of my days. Shootin' all clickin' all and relaxing all cool when my parents they were up to no good! Started making trouble for my neighborhood! I stopped getting dinner and that made it abundantly clear I said "I'm moving by myself in Australia, Brisbane."

I booked on a jet and when it came near I thought what's with this is a giantic falick with straight veins! If anything I could say that this plane was bland but I thought man forget it yo home to Brisbane!

I pulled up to a house with major jet lag and said yo pops, smell ya later! I looked at the internet I was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of The Escapist.

(I tried)

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Wow, that Fresh Prince joke caught me off guard!

Yet another dreary, soulless shooter to avoid then? Yawn. I think this year's E has shown us all the games we really should pay attention to.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
For some reason, the gravity mechanic described here makes me think back to Destroy All Humans, and the psychokinesis power. God, I want to play that game again now. That's how such a power should be implemented. I remember bouncing enemies off every solid surface I could find, or if I was outside, flinging them high into the air before blasting them with the desintegrator ray to see if I could vapourise them before they hit the ground. Ah, good times.

Oh, and the time I beat a government agent to death with a cow. That was fun too.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
This just in: Generic Game is a Generic Pile of Generic Crap.

It's a Namco Bandai title. I'm almost not surprised.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Random berk said:
For some reason, the gravity mechanic described here makes me think back to Destroy All Humans, and the psychokinesis power. God, I want to play that game again now. That's how such a power should be implemented. I remember bouncing enemies off every solid surface I could find, or if I was outside, flinging them high into the air before blasting them with the desintegrator ray to see if I could vapourise them before they hit the ground. Ah, good times.

Oh, and the time I beat a government agent to death with a cow. That was fun too.
What I enjoyed doing was placing the farmer' wife on the roof of a shed next to a lake while she was still alive, then jumping up to have her scream "MY GOLLY, LITTLE GREEN MEN!!!" and run in the opposite direction, only to forget that there was a lake there, drop off the building and drown.
Fun times.

OT: So they just took that one gravity shift thing from PREY, except took out the acid launching shotguns and implemented cover, as well as a physics gun of sorts that has lost almost all efficiency?
*insert snoring sounds*

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
Once again, ideas from Half Life 2 are used horribly wrong.
tautologico said:
Falseprophet said:
trollpwner said:

Anyway, does anyone mind spoiling that plot twist for me? (In tags, natch.) I mean, after that, it's not like I was going to play it anyway.

That's a bit like Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom then, but in that game you can start figuring out the twist by the end of the first "generation".
It's remarkably similar to Phantasy Star III. But yes, in PSIII there was some foreshadowing before the big reveal at the end. Wasn't there a village in the second generation where elders told the whole story? I'm not quite sure. I'm surprised anyone remembers PSIII.
Time to pull out the Genesis and dust off those cartridges.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
And i even believed that it might be good after watching some scripted gameplay footage, what a fool i was.

tenkerasu

Jul 4, 2008
This is why I watch this show, in order to find out whether or not I'll like the games. Problem is, half the time I just don't buy the games he reviews and just pick up whatever cutesy XBLA game is cheapest. Like for instance, I'm playing Minecraft. And that's about it.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
It's gotta be Russel Davis. And maybe it's actually about the writer/producer of Torchwood and the whole game is what goes on inside his head.
The twist ending is this.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
SnakeoilSage said:
It's sort of like Dark City but with the gripping plot and amazing visuals and proper use of super powers.

So, boring.
Aww... I liked Dark City :(
Anything with Jennifer Connelly, Kiefer Sutherland and vampire aliens can't be all bad.

Anywho, Good review, Yahtzee! Keep up the good snark :)

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Hutzpah Chicken said:
Once again, ideas from Half Life 2 are used horribly wrong.
tautologico said:
Falseprophet said:
trollpwner said:

Time to pull out the Genesis and dust off those cartridges.
Actually you might not need to I'm pretty sure they included the original Phantasy Star games on that Sega greatest hits thing.

eniac0

Aug 3, 2010
There's the Yathzee we love so much.

in other news, yes fresh prince is timeless. now im totally down with fresh prince reboot with will smith as the judge and will smith's kid as the fresh prince. comedy gold right there.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Speaking of supposedly innovative gameplay mechnics nicked shamelessly from better games, that floaty gravity field power that pulls enemies out of cover sounds a heck of a lot like the singularity ability from the Mass Effect games.