Zero Punctuation: iPhone Games

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I'm very good at terraforming. (NERD JOKES NERD JOKES)

I played Doodle God, and like he said, it's fun at first when the combinations actually make sense but then it's completely random. How exactly does beetle and sand equal scorpion?

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
This video was much better then CODBO, but I hope that he will do fable 3 next time.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Interesting. I know that it might not be "easy" except for the simple internet search of a small Googl-ite, but I would have liked to know if these were also on the Android marketplace. Not that i have something running it, yet. I would just like to know incase i happen upon something that can do this miraculous thing called "Gaming" in the same place as the other thing called "texting" and "calling". Seems rather odd to me, but it might be worth a shot ;)

Speaking of the Visual "iBone" on the part of Apple fucking something:
http://playibone.com/
Actual app. Which i want, but no want of iPhone

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
xscoot said:
The thing is, every iPhone game is just a shitty knockoff of a flash game you can play for free on the internet.

Maybe Yahtzee should just go on Kongregate or Newgrounds or something and just spend a few hours having some real fun.
Or maybe we should rip off some of the games from Kongregate, change the graphics, and make a shitload.

Stackle

Dec 17, 2009
Yahtzee, with regard to breathing on Mars, we've been secretly hollowing out the planet and terraforming it from within. Then some idiot lost a huge shipment of CO2 and water and it froze up somewhere in the northern region of the planet.

Anyway, I'm not buying an iphone until the games are not merely pushing the envelope of gameplay, but actually have interesting stories, with depth to them. Or at least until they do a decent adaptation of portal 2 for it.

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
Void Array with a paralax matrix installed into the Data Matter Converter.....so i just turned mars into FINAL FANTASY XII! now i off to kill monsetrs, take their loot, sell it and become rich, fight espers, take petty revenge on mountain loins! (yes, one killed me in Oblivion, i see one like in in Ivalice i kill it)

if you don't understand what i'm on about, what did Yahtzee say at the end, yes, i don't have an iphone, i have an 8gb ipod touch which has never had a software update so it had no apps but it's default stuff, i have no use waisting my battery power on my ipod with games while i have ALI PROJECT, Nightmare, BEAT CRUSADERS and FLOW to listen to.....also i'm trying to lock all my Books of Ryu in .Hack just in case if i can import my Desktop stuff into .Hack//G.U, plus i'm thinking about getting an android instead, at least you don't have to jail break the thing to change it's theme (or so i've heard)

the video only talks about the top ones, it fails to mention all the crap on the itunes store, i tried searching for the Megaman game Capcom released on there and what did i find, loads and loads of crap, a few had the same name and image as the Capcom one, i only found it cause i was looking at who made the app, but then found out i had to upgrade my ipod for it and with my net speed, the update (when i tried to the other day for the Minecrat info app) said it was going to take 6 hours TO DOWNLOAD! i can play Osu!, Oblivion, .Hack, Littlebigplanet, Alone in the Dark, or Secret of Mana 2 in that time and i don't have to worry about them cutting out near the end forcing me to start over from the start

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
iPhone gaming to me is like handheld gaming, in that yeah its nice an convenient, but it can never be really viewed as a full game. Besides, they also get repetitive and boring after a while.

Though, I'm actually surprised that he didnt take the chance to rip on crappy iPhone games, but its nice to know whihc ones are good.

... you know, for that iPhone I'll never get. because if I wanted a superior smart phone to do everything including call people (becuase i know people who have two phones because they dont use their smart phones as phones to talk on... yes, i know. Thats like the spykids two watches that do everything except tell time), I'd get an Droid, but then again, I'm a Verizon person at heart. They've been good to me.

Ivan Torres

Sep 27, 2010
Angry Birds = Crush the Castle
Cut the rope = Splitter 2
The last 2 don't sound like games, but they do sound interesting.

I'm sure there is some stuff that Iphone has that is original, but so far they all seem like ripoffs. Good ripoffs, but still ripoffs.

Also, I find android to be better, but there are some "questionable" apps there...

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
No iphone, no smart phone, and I don't text. I do have a cell phone that makes and receives calls... better then an iphone.

bblackmoor

Mar 25, 2007
Personally, I think a review of iPhone games would have been more appropriate a year ago. It's all about Android now.

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
I don't have an iPhone, I have a Droid 2. It's just like an iPhone, only you aren't supporting a company that is quite as evil. I predict it only a matter of time (unless Apple does something incredible) that the Droid will eventually overtake the iPhone. Not as much bullshit to deal with. And I can play Angry Birds. Lots of fun.