Zero Punctuation: Kid Icarus: Uprising

dennett316

Jun 30, 2010
Pointless periperal...how about instead of making a stupid stand, just make the controls workable. Come on Nintendo, you're (sometimes) better than this.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I was kind of hoping for I Am Alive. Mostly because I just went ahead and assumed that Kid Icarus was going to be shit.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
I really enjoyed this game despite the pain caused by the controls.
I am not a Nintendo sheep or twat but I liked the gameplay and voice acting.
NOT BIASED!

Also, in case it matters, YES WHEDON FAN!
I caught that Buffy bit.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Poor Yahtzee, he's lost the use of his hands from that game so now he can't shoot anyone the bird.

Also, must be a huge epidemic of people losing their tits in Australia, hopefully they can duct tape them back on.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
i cant eve watch the video because of this boring space janitor thing .itsimply wont let me .

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I liked this game a lot. It incentivizes replaying levels on a harder difficulty for more unlocks. It's too bad the controls were the worst thing in a really really long time. It supports the Circlepad Pro accessory which severely enhances the already great Resident Evil game on the system, but they utilize it in the dumbest possible way. For instance, you cannon use the right thumb pad to move the reticle... nope. They made it so left handed people can use the horrendous control scheme. I have given Nintendo a lot of patience over the years. I do not hold their shortcomings against the positive things. Sure Zelda is the not vastly different in play style from previous iterations, but they are great games and every game is layed out completely different from the last with all new secrets to find. But this whole "you must play the game how we want" is fucking stupid. I mean, I'm afraid of the WiiU because it may want me to play every single game in the most uncomfortable way possible. Stop being stupid Nintendo. And you may yet have a future.

FFMaster

May 13, 2009
Methinks he protests too much if he has to spend the first minute of the video saying "i'm not anti nintendo".

Also heres a suggestion , if people don't like the controls why not CHANGE THEM.

Its right there, in the options, if you bothered to look.

Oh thats right that would require reviewers to actually point out this fact rather than ignore it or read a manual.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Anything that sounds like Buffy is a plus in my book.
To bad the rack counters this plus.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I've heard/watched others complaining about the wonky controls as well.

What's the purpose of a handheld console if you have to use a stand for it to be able to play properly without getting finger cramps.Really bad choice there Nintendo.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Balkan said:
i cant eve watch the video because of this boring space janitor thing .itsimply wont let me .
Yeah, had to refresh like three times. WTF.

Anyway, (obligatory Yahtzee is TEH BIAS comment here).

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
Milky1985 said:
Methinks he protests too much if he has to spend the first minute of the video saying "i'm not anti nintendo".

Also heres a suggestion , if people don't like the controls why not CHANGE THEM.

Its right there, in the options, if you bothered to look.

Oh thats right that would require reviewers to actually point out this fact rather than ignore it or read a manual.
Yeah cause its really good game design for people to have to change the control scheme because the default controls are shit