Zero Punctuation: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
I would like to point out that every button and control is customizable, to the point of you being able to play without involving the touch screen at all, if you're crazy.

If you don't like the default, CHANGE IT.

Hell, there is specifically an option for automatically shooting when you've got the targeting scope on the enemy, exactly what Yahtzee said it should have!

And that's only if you can't wrap your head around the default controls. I haven't changed anything except the placement of the "activate special power" button, and I just use the touch screen for that anyway. And I'm perfectly comfortable playing the thing while walking around or lying down on the bed. So there's that, before the "well, if you have to customize it" argument gets thrown around.

And I don't think a two-decade gap is "restraint", it's more like the property going completely dead. Of course, we have learned that most any sequel is too soon 'round these parts.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Sh, Yahtzee, don't mention Bleak Expectations.
It's my go-to-series for showing off how totally non-mainstream I am for enjoying British comedy that's not even on tv. How am I supposed to do that if people have heard of it?
As for the game, as much as Hades that sounds like Mr. Gently Benevolent sounds like fun, this is not the game that will make me finally buy a 3DS. I still have a lot of DS games I haven't played, and I can play those on the bus.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
trollpwner said:
Lordofthesuplex said:
getoffmycloud said:
Yeah cause its really good game design for people to have to change the control scheme because the default controls are shit

To complain about something that trivial shows how lazy, petty, ignorant and downright ungrateful today's gamers have become to me. Thanks for reminding me that, assclown.
Yes! We're so lazy and etitled for demanding that developers do their job and get game design right! God, we're soooo damn naggy and entitled! We should just give them our money and stop being so judgy about what they give us! God!
Literally every single button is customizable. If you're one of those people who can't deal with the default (and if you are, I apologize for not being able to identify with that, since I can handle the default controls just fine), then you can make the controls anything you want.

And because the default control isn't the one you're comfortable with, the developers are lazy and didn't do their job right? Everyone is going to have different opinions as to which control scheme works best for them, so forgive me if I don't believe that there's a perfect control scheme that they should have made the default.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
The only reason I stopped playing this was because I picked up Tales of the Abyss and fell in love with it; I don't hate KI:U, I just found it difficult to get into.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
I've tried to watch this video 10 damn times and the stupid space janitor wrap around thing is making it impossible for the video to load.

CTYR

Mar 25, 2012
I still don't understand what people are going on about when they whine about the controls, though.
Just from my experience, I can stand up straight whilst walking and I can play the game easily. Left thumb on the circley-thingy, left index finger on the trigger, right hand holding the stylus.
How come this is so difficult for everyone?

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
daxterx2005 said:
I've tried to watch this video 10 damn times and the stupid space janitor wrap around thing is making it impossible for the video to load.
Had the same problem but i kept trying and it eventually worked not much of a solution i know.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Disregard this post, it was a duplication of my last one, laggy internet may have caused a double post?

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
TheKasp said:
Lordofthesuplex said:
But nice things AREN'T SHIT DEFAULT CONTROLS!

Adjustable controls my ass. If they are too incompetent to make a good control scheme to begin with why should I bother to spend money on this game?

Enlong said:
Yes. Shit controls = developers are lazy. So. Fucking. Simple. Making them adjustable is just another shit excuse to not put any thought and time into controls to begin with.
Well, forgive me if I've found little-to-no problem with these allegedly "shit" controls. Several dozen hours in, and the only problem I had was the way I was holding the system, and that went away when I figured out a much more comfortable way to hold it.

The customizable controls are there because if you ask 100 people which setup is the best, you'll get 100 different answers, and that's not even taking lefties into account.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
sure enough,after I ***** and moan it loads for me :)

"shit game for twats"

Pfttt, if anyone else said that I'd be insulted, but because yahtzee said it I feel honored.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
daxterx2005 said:
sure enough,after I ***** and moan it loads for me :)

"shit game for twats"

Pfttt, if anyone else said that I'd be insulted, but because yahtzee said it I feel honored.
...why?

No, seriously, I'd like to see an elaboration on this.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
Lordofthesuplex said:
getoffmycloud said:
Milky1985 said:
Methinks he protests too much if he has to spend the first minute of the video saying "i'm not anti nintendo".

Also heres a suggestion , if people don't like the controls why not CHANGE THEM.

Its right there, in the options, if you bothered to look.

Oh thats right that would require reviewers to actually point out this fact rather than ignore it or read a manual.
Yeah cause its really good game design for people to have to change the control scheme because the default controls are shit
To complain about something that trivial shows how lazy, petty, ignorant and downright ungrateful today's gamers have become to me. Thanks for reminding me that, assclown.
Well considering rather than fixing it they felt the need to design a peripheral that stops the 3ds from being a handheld it isn't really that trivial if Nintendo are going to continue being that stupid then I should be able to complain about it