Zero Punctuation: Left 4 Dead 2 & New Super Mario Bros Wii

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
cball11 said:
Huh. You know, i don't usually like when he does two games in one review, but there was a surprising amount of useful information in this one. I'm actually interested in New Super Mario Bros. Wii now.

And I hate the Wii.

BUT, I didn't at all agree with the insinuation that L4D2 could have been just as easily released as an expansion. It's an excellent stand alone.
Yeah, if you can look past the little crike Yahtzee tosses it's way it really bounces them back. so agree'd

"A Bit bitter because he only has 2 friends"
One of th few times i have laughed loud and hard enough for it to hurt and to get people to watch me do it.

Crazyit

Dec 9, 2009
Shame the Australian Government screwed him over. The game is must more Satisfying with all the gore.

WaffleGod

Oct 22, 2008
I fully agree with Yahtzee on this review. The new Mario is nothing more then recycling and old game and L4D2 is good but Valve should really get back to HL2, cause I'm starting to get really annoyed by the fact we still haven't got ANY information whatsoever about Episode 3.

Godsmasherbot

Sep 29, 2009
Bowser would probably win the fight as he can actually breath fire and if things get bad he has a bloody spike encrusted shell to protect him self from the monstrosity. if a zombie mutant fan of the hulk can be taken down by some nutter stereotypes with too much ammo and some of the worst suvival instict ever conceived then surely a firebreathing, twice as strong, serial kidnapping mastermind with apparenltly an inability to die can do a much better job. with any luck he'd be spit roasting the fool on a large pinewood pyre by lunch time so that those anti-survivalist remtards from the first game of Left4dead can have even a vague taste of victory.........even if is a barbacued undead rotting flesh flavoured one at that.

BigT65

Jul 1, 2009
I thought the new mario was really good, yeah, it's not very original anymore but it's still fun. Although I thought left 4 dead 2 should've just been a DLC.

Haderos

Dec 4, 2009
I'm actually surprised they don't make new Mario games including Yoshi.. I'm pretty sure most players enjoyed the dino. Since I have no wii I don't know what the new super mario or whatever looks like but if it is in any way close to the new super mario bros. for the DS it can't be good. Never liked a Mario game after super mario world...

Don't care about l4d2 at all.. so yea, and tanks crush turtles not matter how many spikes they have. It goes crkkrkrkkrrrrr

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
I'm facepalming so hard at this thread, with people lauding and defending what Nintendo does, and then agreeing that L4D2 was 'too soon.' Go back to your copypasta Mario and Zelda games, the rest of us have grown out of Nintendo's bullshit.

/me is ironically wearing a Nintendo Rehab tee.

cordeos

Apr 2, 2009
shawnmcgee said:
This logic would apply to any sequel. Modern Warfare 2 is just new guns in a new location, same old killing. AC2 has a few new upgrades and a new protagonist, big whoop. God of War 2 goes through the same weapon upgrades and story. The thing is, all those sequels were great games (well, MW2 was alright) that improved on already good games. That is exactly what L4D2 does. I had my reservations about it too, until I got my hands on it. I realized why the boycott died after those guys got flown out; the demo does not do it any favors.
except God of War II and AC2 both had very noticeable graphical upgrades and large scale game play changes. Modern Warfare 2 also has a ton of new multiplayer maps (more than 5) and a new campaign as well as the co-op mode.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Yahtzee sounded really annoyed in this review. However, I must agree with him about HL2 Episode 3. It`s been over a year since we have literally heard anything regarding it`s development and Valve remains entirely tight-lipped.

Blizzard often gets scolded for how scarce it`s information on StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 is, but even they are not this silent.

GeminiViRiS

Nov 11, 2009
Hmmm... Bowser vs. Tank... Well, first Bowser would shoot a fireball at the Tank; igniting him. But then the Tank beats Bowser to a pulp. Bowser dies, but then the Tank meets a grim fate, and gets cooked alive from the fireball.

jymkata

Jan 25, 2009
Left 4 Dead 2 DLC?
Apart from it being larger than the original game, the new mode, the now balanced VS mode (Thanks to the new boss infected) and double the weapons, it just feels like a more polished game.

cordeos

Apr 2, 2009
Bogulmon said:
cordeos said:
can you play the sections independently of each other? do they use a lot of the same models and color pallet?
In Oblivion when i would go to another floor of a dungeon there was a loading screen, doesn't mean i was in a new dungeon, just a different part.
Exactly, you were in a different part, or should I say, a different map. A dungeon is a collection of smaller maps, you fool, just like a campaign.
yes, but i dont count each floor of a dungeon as its own dungeon, its a smaller part of the whole. Apperently L4D has a different definition of map from every other FPS game out there. In Unreal Tournament or MW2 a maps are totally independent of each other, you can play whichever you want in whatever order you want, but L4D2 has 5 "campaigns" that force you to play the sections in a specific order, you cant skip ahead, or just play your favorite section, therefor they are not independent maps.

flabslapper

Sep 24, 2009
lol at least I admit all the Zelda games are the same, but I love them anyway.

NSMBWii? That's some straight up bull, they didn't try at all, at least the new Zelda game has a train and ghost bj's lol

rs2000

Apr 16, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
LOl at all the funny titles for L4D2(does sound like a license plate number on a car).
I found the L4D2 Springfield 30.06 funnier - i have a garand 30.06 at home :)

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
I feel sorry for Yahtzee and every other Australian that has to deal with the "edited" version of Left 4 Dead or any other game. That's government totalitarianism at it's worst. That game itself was alright, but I'm waiting for that price drop to $30 or less before picking it up myself as I agree in that it should be an expansion pack (thus the price of $30 more reasonable than $50) instead of a full blown game.

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
Several reviewers have said that NSMBW is the best 2D Mario game thus far. I guess that what you're saying is that SMW was better because it was at least inivative. NSMBW is like Uncharted, it's fun, but it adds nothing.

Fuhjem

Jan 17, 2009
Bowser VS. Tank?

Bowser would win because he could set the Tank on fire and run away.