Zero Punctuation: Left 4 Dead

flare09

Aug 6, 2008
I'd have to agree about not having anything appropriate for the name of a guy with a long tongue other than smoker.

Russian Redneck

Apr 21, 2008
Arbitrary Imposition said:
Russian Redneck said:
I have a question about the Co-op mention in L4D: Is the campaign strictly multiplayer or is it possible to go commando on those undead bastards?
If you play through a campaign on your own, your three companions are AI controlled.
Bummer! They're probably "shit for brains" AI, too.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
Russian Redneck said:
Arbitrary Imposition said:
Russian Redneck said:
I have a question about the Co-op mention in L4D: Is the campaign strictly multiplayer or is it possible to go commando on those undead bastards?
If you play through a campaign on your own, your three companions are AI controlled.
Bummer! They're probably "shit for brains" AI, too.
Nah, they are relatively smart. A few irritating flaws though.

Like, trying to go through a campaing to get the "never get healed" achievement is a pain, because they insist on healing you, and you can't stop them.

Mrmandude

Aug 29, 2008
princeofthea said:
Mrmandude said:
I was hoping it was gonna be good cos i played demo on x-box but i'm wating 4 PS3 version to come out
Hate to break it to you, but Valve hates developing for the playstation 3. If you don't believe me play the Orange Box ps3 version.
Ok i will play you the orange box version for the ps3 because it's out yes valve are making games for sony so ha ha you lose

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
DtheHut said:
corroded said:
Hamster at Dawn said:
The only way this review could have been better is if it was for Gears of War 2. OK, I'll shut up about Gears 2 for a minute so that I can say I didn't like the Left 4 Dead demo much and I agree that anyone who replaces the word 'for' with '4' should be shot. (Yes I know it's because it's a 4-player game but that doesn't make it clever.)
You'd have a point, and i'd agree if you hadn't have mentioned Gears of Bore 2.
Yes, its unlikely that Yahtzee will be kind to Gears as it's a game for XBOX and a lot of people bought it. Then again, it's also a complete ripoff of the first two Halo games at the end so chances are he'll unwittingly shower it with praise like he does every time a game features something Bungie either invented or refined to perfection thus proving his hypocrisy time and time again.
I know Yahtzee won't be kind to Gears, that's the reason I want him to review it! After so long though, I doubt he's going to review it anymore. Real shame if you ask me.