Zero Punctuation: Left 4 Dead

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
By Yahtzee's standards he's practically awarding this Game of the Year status. If he can't find four minutes' worth of venom that's probably a sign that he loved the game.

princeofthea

Dec 10, 2008
Mrmandude said:
I was hoping it was gonna be good cos i played demo on x-box but i'm wating 4 PS3 version to come out
Hate to break it to you, but Valve hates developing for the playstation 3. If you don't believe me play the Orange Box ps3 version.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
"If you don't ban 'um, they won't learn nothin'"
Aaaand I'm getting that as a tattoo.

On topic, who didn't think he'd like this game? It's sweet!
I am honestly shocked, however, that he said very little in the way of negativity.

...I guess I'm just expecting him to vomit over everything in rage.
Oh well! Hooray for tearing the nipples off survivors!

ralphdeeps1108

Dec 19, 2007
Why did the image of the game always have a right hand instead of a left hand? Is this some kind of crazy Australian version?

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
I always love it when a nerd calls other people "nerds". It just..has this incredibly ironic vibe to it.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
I maintain that L4D is great fun...if your allies aren't stoic morons, using ingame chat is great fun with guys you know, but when they're acouple randomers, the fun numbers take a significiant dive.

Gilgamesh00

Nov 22, 2008
Great stuff, I liked Left 4 Dead when I played the demo. Despite loads amount of zombies around you, which seemed pretty generic to me for a zombie game - well perhaps I haven't played many zombie games, the co-op element was great fun. So I guess I might as well buy get it.

Awsome review as always, Yahtzee.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
The only way this review could have been better is if it was for Gears of War 2. OK, I'll shut up about Gears 2 for a minute so that I can say I didn't like the Left 4 Dead demo much and I agree that anyone who replaces the word 'for' with '4' should be shot. (Yes I know it's because it's a 4-player game but that doesn't make it clever.)

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
OH man. I was rolling laughing. Honestly, your more funny when you kinda like games. The Mirror's Edge comment had my rolling. Still trying to get around to Left4Dead. Oh yeah, that number thing, angers me to no end.

Here's to hoping you can get to Far Cry 2 sometime within the next year, eh Yahtzee?

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
A great review Yahtzee, left me wanting to play the game.

Liked the bit on the end. I guess Mirrors Edge was just that bad.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Hooray, I'm currently enthralled with Left 4 Dead, and he didn't bash it too hard :3

Ann-Marie

Oct 18, 2008
I love this game, but I see his point.

I lost interest in the campaign levels pretty quickly, but the online is hilarious. Although, its unfortunate that I can hardly play L4D because its difficult to get three buddies you actually want to play with online at once for any lengthy period of time.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Favorite part... talking about co-op and showing your teammate "schlurping" up all the ammo and health. I laughed my ass off. Good review, all around

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
That stuff about what nerds like hit a little too close to home for my liking.
I have the same complaints about Left 4 Dead and it was a huge disappointment to me, as well as the only Valve game that I don't like.
It was pretty funny as usual.