Zero Punctuation: Mass Effect 2

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
The planet exploration clearly will return at some point. The new Normandy does have a land vehicle and I've heard talk of DLC. The question is whether Bioware will implement some good design choices for it to make it a positive addition to gameplay rather than just a critical laughing stock.

The addition of randomly spawning hostile fauna might be a good start as has been suggested.

I still get the feeling Y quite liked this game, misgivings aside.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Awesome, Yahtzee actually liked it.

I wholeheartedly agree with all the things you said btw. The scanning was crap, the lack of any kind of intimacy was just odd considering the previous game, and combat was kinda holding the whole thing up. Full marks to Bioware for good story, like we expected anything different.

ilion

Aug 20, 2009
Well it is well written, but i have to agree with that some elements lack characterization.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
As always, hilarious!

Naheal said:
Snipers don't need teammates. In fact, they have this disgusting tendency to GIVE YOUR POSITION AWAY. I'm more just impressed that you had the patience to be a sniper in that game.
Hmm... I take it you haven't tried out the Widow.

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
Naheal said:
Snipers don't need teammates. In fact, they have this disgusting tendency to GIVE YOUR POSITION AWAY. I'm more just impressed that you had the patience to be a sniper in that game.
Assasination Tact. Cloak makes sniping disgustling easy.
I approve of the Jetpacks and space wolves.

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
Double A said:
As always, hilarious!

Naheal said:
Hmm... I take it you haven't tried out the Widow.
Oh Hi mister Harbinger...BOOOM! What's that? Can't talk wih no face! Or torso! Only two feet and he stubs where his feet seperated from his calves.

Donttazemehbro

Nov 24, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I never really get why Yahtzee complains about games being too easy when there are multiple difficulty settings.

He should try not issuing commands to the AI on Insanity and see how far he gets...
THANK YOU. i finished the game on insanity and if it werent for Garrus and Miranda i probably wouldnt have gotten that far. i played a soldier through the whole game. My teammates {powers notwithstanding} were as much use as a cream slice. The AI was horrible but i loved warp and overload. When i was fighting a scion or praetorian i was glad to have warp

Egobrain

Dec 22, 2009
i bought it the day it came out. I could hardly be expected to instinctively know it would be a load of rubbish. With how much I enjoyed the first, it didn;t even dawn on me that they would fuck it up to a degree I find disgusting.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Game is too easy eh Yahtzee??

Try playing on Insanity and then come back and complain about the game being too fucking hard. Overall though you ran out of things to complain about (cos they almost fixed everything that was wrong with ME1) so you resorted to complaining about the virtual acting. Name a game with better virtual acting then...you cant cos there isnt any!

Also, planet exploration might be coming back as Bioware is throwing in a dlc vehicle to drive around called the 'Hammerhead'...so yeah maybe it will be fun or maybe it will suck as much as the Mako...most likely it will be fun cos Bioware are the best devs in the world who actually release games we want to play! (im looking at you Valve!)

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
...Wow, that was boring.

Does Yhatzee even try anymore? Or does he just shovel these reviews out knowing that people will gobble them up like cake regardless of how stale they are?

Bah, I find myself looking forward to the newest ZP less and less as the weeks go by...

Warped_Ghost

Sep 26, 2009
I do agree with the fact you don't have to use your squad powers on normal.
Try insanity or hardcore it really makes the combat a lot better and more squad based.

Igen

Apr 28, 2009
Odjin said:
What use is a story which is decently written but the game mechanics suck major balls? Exactly... NOTHING!
A visual novel that makes you work for it?

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, I completely agree on the exploration VS scanning thing. The Mako may not have been the best vehicle ever designed for gameplay, but driving around looking for stuff in between missions was a hell of a lot better than this scanning bull. At least the planet exploration had stuff for you to blow up from time to time. The most you get from scanning is a couple of jokes if you decide to go mining on Uranus. The Mako wasn't perfect, but it sucks that Bioware didn't even try to improve and instead launched it out the airlock. :(

Someone clearly didn't play on Insanity, though. >_>

DoomBlackDragon

Sep 13, 2008
I liked the ending of ME2 more then 1. 1 was ok to good but 2 ending really made me sit in think about if I should do good or evil. killing the councle or letting them live had no real effect on 2. How ever 2 ending made me sit and think. What could happien if I did good ending or bad ending. I chose evil every time but it was just shocking how no one on the normandy agread with my choose.