Zero Punctuation: Mercenaries 2

Duraji

Aug 14, 2008
FChavez post=6.72937.778069 said:
Ew... I thought you were going to do something cool like SW:TFU
My guess is that's coming next week, and most likely Silent Hill: Homecoming will be the week afterward. :D

Yes, we'll miss Yahtzee when he's gone... hopefully that wasn't an implication that he's planning to quit anytime soon...

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil post=6.72937.778096 said:
Ok, that's a return to form. Funny, witty and the crashing together of highbrow and lowbrow.
Indeed. I like the intro, though.

I've been feeling lately that I'm a bit out of touch, a fact which seems to be reflected by ZP. The last Yahtzee-reviewed game I've actually played is Braid, and before that it was Oblivion back in June... and before that, GTA4, though I didn't play it until long after the ZP review. I don't know what this says about me - I'm missing out, perhaps, I need to take more notice of the big releases? Hmm.

Until then, I'm quite happy listening to someone verbally castrating games I've never heard of and don't care to play, the humour is never wasted.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I personally think this is more along the lines of burnout's game styling; in that it's only supposed to be played every so often for shits and giggles.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
I agreed with most of what was said (I always knew I was onto something when I said Mercs was a GTA clone) and it is relieving to know that I'm not the only one who wouldn't volintarily buy this game.

Keep up the good work.

Madrak the Red

Sep 6, 2008
gamer_award post=6.72937.778102 said:
Jesus I wated The Force Unleashed not this.
Did you join to post this? Hands up how many people joined to post for ZP. Hmmm?

Also, who the hell are you to tell him what to do? You don't watch a stand-up comedian and go, awww, I wished he ragged on the Japanese instead, you fussy pleb. Plus, if you wanted reviews, go to a serious magazine and/or website. These are comedy. It sounds as if he like no game. And therein lies the funny.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
While I liked the game I knew it was horribly flawed when they kept telling me I needed 4 times as many weapons as I actually did need to complete missions. Hilariously true, the best kind of truth.

Beefjerky

Sep 9, 2008
One of your best reviews imo.

But I was waiting for a joke about Swedish people, guess I'll keep waiting.

gamer_award

Oct 1, 2008
ok sory. but I am a big star wars fan and a big zero punctuation fan and I wanted to see yahtze's opinion on TFU. hafter all, he is the best.

YYZed

Jun 25, 2008
alright there were people besides me panting and clicking refresh over and over again >_>.

Great video.

Arbitrary13

Jul 2, 2008
No more embedded ads (except the shameless self-promotion T-shirt sale business, which I forgive)! Thank you, Escapist.

I preferred the tone of this review to several of the previous "I need to pad this out to 4 minutes" ones. Maintain this.