Zero Punctuation: Mercenaries 2

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Well done, Yatzee. You're returning to form! Funny from start to finish, especially the part about the broken AI. I'll just write off the last few weeks as just a temporary dip in the awesomeness that is ZP.

Hostages walking off of skyscrapers and soldiers falling to their deaths right off the helipad will ensure that I never play this game. I bet it all was funny to see though.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
gamer_award post=6.72937.778133 said:
is just I was waiting 2 weks for a review of TFU
Yahtzee doesn't like starwars or QTEs so it wouldn't suprise me if he doesn't review it at all, or maybe he will just to be cruel.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
I really thought he was gonna use this one last week.

Anyway, Not the best review. The jokes about the AI are absolutely hilarious but that's about all it's got.

LordCraigus

May 21, 2008
I found this on very funny, especially the bits involving AI companions walking off of buildings and stuff.

I've also just discovered if you click the slider to random points in the movie you can make Yahtzee say some hilarious shit.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
I've got it and I agree with Yahtzee. It has so many bugs, glitches, and bad design choices, but the fact that you can call a MOAB, Daisy Cutter, Fuel Air Bomb, Tactical Nuke (yes, you can call in nukes), and many other airstrikes really makes up for it. You give me a game where I can annihilate every single inch of some country with a friend and I'm happy. :) Great review as always (although I didn't like the EVE Review. It didn't seem like you spent enough time to go see anything interesting in it).

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Hilarious indeed!

ZP is the reason I started coming to this site, but I stay for the creamy, gooey, lemon flavored filling that is the forum.

Plus I also really like Unforgotten Realms, but that's neither here nor there.

Back on topic: Very funny. I couldn't stand the game myself (After loving the first one).

ert3

May 21, 2008
You know I just love the fact that the latest episode to lack all the buggering advertisements that length my wait to view your page I have to say this is one of your better reviews.

Now if you will excuse me I have my own review site where I must tear the shit out of some similarly broken games.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Good times.

Whats odd is while we all know this game is flawed, some of the bugs make the game more fun IE suicidal AI, better when its the enemy but of course it could have been as good as the first but instead is rushed.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Very good review of another mediocre mindless self-indulgent boomfest.

Even better news is the disappearance of the annoying and unnecessary tack-on adverts after Yahtzee finishes running his mouth. This made me every bit as happy as the Half-Life 2 reference.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
*tugs at pipe, blows a few smoke puffs*

Mmm old chap, this review was all but QUNT.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Another rushed shitty game where the only positive thing to say is 'blowing up shit is fun'. Its a shame it gets boring really fast in mercs 2. If the game did have decent ai it probably wouldn't have been anywhere near as horrible, maybe. Guess the programmers were out back wanking off or something.

Funny review yahtzee. I hope for force unleashed next, oh just think of all the nerd jokes. hehehehe

Meagen

Jul 24, 2008
GLEE! Finally, they got rid of the stupid commercials before and after each episode! That made me so happy I almost forgot about the review itself. :) Some nifty visuals in here, especially "bold-facedly claim", half the designers not being in communication with the other half, and hijacking vehicles "with quick-time events".