Zero Punctuation: Mercenaries 2

kateatsmouse

Apr 15, 2008
I don't think the game is super good or anything. But I did have fun playing bits of it.
Awesome review, though. XD

agerdemon

Feb 14, 2008
Finally no adverts at the end, the Escapist has learnt its lesson. Also the reviews are gonna get good as a massive line of highly anticipated games to be praised or (more likely) destroyed are coming out.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Merc's 2 is the most broken game I've ever played. At one point I was just driving along and suddenly fell through the ground. My char fell over and over in limbo and I had to reset my whole system to fix it.

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
'have fun blowing buildings up and remember kids, its only called terrorism if the occupants are white'

comic gold :)

crazy guy532

Oct 1, 2008
If you were gone I would have nothing to watch! These videos are hilarious and keep getting better. (Did anyone else notice this one was shorter than usual though?)

Dagaran

Sep 30, 2008
I rented Mercenaries 2 from my local Movie Gallery when it was first released, and I have to say it was a complete waste of time and money. While Yahtzee was dead on in picking out the game's faults (which in my opinion the game's existence in itself should be considered a fault), it still felt like he was going rather easy is on it. I suppose there is only so many times you can verbally abuse shit, I.E. games like this, before it gets a tad monotonous. Disregarding the absence of aggression, his review was very sound and thorough and I give it a big thumbs up as always.

Keep up the good work Yahtzee

MattyboyJ

Sep 11, 2008
loved the bit about the soldiers falling off the hele-pad and dying straight away beings described as "unhelpful, but fucking funny"

And "Cloth-eared Nonce" brilliant insult.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
crazy guy532 post=6.72937.778716 said:
If you were gone I would have nothing to watch! These videos are hilarious and keep getting better. (Did anyone else notice this one was shorter than usual though?)
This one was actually pretty long (for ZP standards of course). With credits almost 5 mins. The longest was the "Yahtzee goes to GDC" video with about 6 mins and the shortest about 3 min 47 seconds.

Anyway very funny review Yahtzee but please review SW:TFU (maybe it's no even released in australia?)

xpirate20

Aug 14, 2008
i was wondering why the intro and end got stuck with the crap music instead of picking 2 sings that have a similarity about them and using those as intro and outro songs?

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
xpirate20 post=6.72937.778757 said:
i was wondering why the intro and end got stuck with the crap music instead of picking 2 sings that have a similarity about them and using those as intro and outro songs?
i agree. tho i guess it's a bit of a chore considering that so many games have the same themes now.
I mean how many obviously war themed songs are there?

Death Magnetic

Aug 10, 2008
galletea post=6.72937.778771 said:
xpirate20 post=6.72937.778757 said:
i agree. tho i guess it's a bit of a chore considering that so many games have the same themes now.
I mean how many obviously war themed songs are there?
It's because of copyright issues.

-Ricky

Entharion

Nov 13, 2007
I kinda enjoyed the game, but yes, there were things that pissed me off, and those were the things you pointed out :p good review I'd say.

EtanG911

Oct 1, 2008
What the hell is that sound in the background, at 3:42 right after he says "broken game gets to fuck off!"

Sounds like someone.. wheezing.