Zero Punctuation: Metal Gear Solid 4

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Metal Gear Solid 4

Yahtzee reviews Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Tactical Espionage Action.

Watch Video

Entharion

Nov 13, 2007
Woot! I bet this review will be awesome, can't wait *clickie*

[edit] well I've watched it, and as expected, You found it as fanboy-ish as I did.

Also I would like to ask you to officially announce the end of your movies, since The Escapist tends to hang trailers on it's back without a proper notification. (since you sometimes do these epic movies on the side)

I enjoyed it, thank you for doing all that trouble of playing a game, and writing an awesome review about it!

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Spot on especially about the length of the cut scenes, going from act 2 to act 3 took more than a hour I swear!

they are skipable, but first time through I wanted to hear the story

ElliottC666

Nov 15, 2007
I absolutely love MGS4 because i am a fan and i loved all the other ones. Great review as always, so fucking funny!
And while i do actually love this game, i agree with every single one of yahtzee coments. Yes the cutscenes are skippable but who wants to miss out on the convoluted story? They could have cut them down and still kept as much of the story. Took me 17 hours to watch the cutscenes are 2 hours to play the game.

Yokorose

Jun 4, 2008
i love this one omfg i love you man XD been waiting for you to do MGS4 from when it come out and you forgot to say about the 5gb it puts on to your ps3 , lets see if lots of people send you emails saying you suck XD but i think its awesome

klc0100

Feb 29, 2008
conqueror Kenny said:
Is it me or are the long cut scenes skippable? Alot of moaning about something fixed easily.
x2 still entertaining never the less

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Hey!!! MGS series is the Matrix of video games. You just need open your mind. Yes I would vote in Kojima for President!

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Metal Gear Solid 4

Yahtzee reviews Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Tactical Espionage Action.

Watch Video
I'm sorry but my inner PS3 fanboy orders you to delete the "Kajima" tag and replace it with Kojima. Great review by the way

ShwStppnActr

Jun 4, 2008
He's right about the whole, "Things become less funny when they become commonplace," thing. No offense or anything, but Yahtzee's reviews never make me laugh as much as they did when I first started watching them. The first review I saw, I nearly cried because of how funny it was. Now, I just chuckle.

LeWiggster

May 14, 2008
I haven't played any of the Metal Gears due to complete and utter lack of interest in the stealth (I typed steakth originally; I think my subconscious is telling me something) genre, and with the constant praise flying around for MGS4 I was worried I was missing out on something beautiful. Glad to know that it probably wouldn't appeal to me anyway.

FSBlueApocalypse

Apr 2, 2008
What are you talking about focusing on the action? If you play the game on anything above Naked Normal you have to be stealthy as possible because of the near absesnse of health and the fact enemies have bionic supervision and hearing.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
MILLERIFIC said:
For once, i disagree with Yahtzee. This game is amazing
You have to remember that Yahtzee's a game critic, rather than one which solely focuses on story (hence why BioShock was still rated pretty low) and thus any sort of emotional attachment the majority of people who play this game have to the franchise is totally lost on him, especially given the cutscenes (and thus no playability) for hours on end explaining a story as confusing as an amputee swan in a clown car.

Lanczos

Jun 18, 2008
Well, you don't need to play the first three(million) games from this sequel, just watch this:
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6748.html