Zero Punctuation: MindJack

Dr_Pie

Aug 11, 2009
I played this over a friend's house.

I found it very... bad. I was quite interested in the game from trailers and the like. Glad I played it before buying. I can save my money for something good.

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
I'd never even heard of this game. Thanks to Yatzee's VERY clear opinion, I'm not going to go out of my way to buy it, or even try it.

Great review, made my day!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I never expected a quality shooter from Feelplus.

Ever. As soon as I found out the Feelplus was developing the game, the bar was set low.

Go play Vanquish if you want a good Japanese shooter.

But Yahtzee shouldn't have made it sound like Square Enix is somehow developing this game, when they published it. Square Enix never develops an ugly game. A bad game, yes. But an ugly one? No way.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Why do I feel I'll hear some inception comparisons?

Anyway, I didnt plan on buying this after seeing the unskippables episode of its preview. Glad to know I was right in my decision.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
is there a demo for this game? just wondering because i want to see if it really sucks THAT bad

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
Seems... interesting. Hell, I love bad games, so I'm tempted to play it.

Also, here's how to beat the giant robot: Kill all the smaller enemies around it, and it will automatically die. Sure makes sense, eh?
Maybe it chose to commit suicide instead of knowing what game it was in.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
So you... did like it? :p

Honestly I had hope for the premise, that looked interesting, which was promptly crushed by execution in the original E3 trailer.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Mmmm, fudgy astronauts.

But seriously....who's idea is it to keep coming out with more and more, and more shit shooter games? NO MORE! Bring back more adventure games, more puzzlers, more better games!

And, did you ever discover where the name "Jack" came from?

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
The game does sound bad but the multiplayer option to 'hack' into someone's single player game and screw with them does sound intriguing. Maybe a few tweaks would make it better?

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I think this was the funniest ZP in a while. Not that the last few sucked or "Yahtzee's losing his touch", just I haven't almost cracked up and laughed out loud like that for weeks.

I saw this title in the Coming Soon rack at GameStop; otherwise I wouldn't have known it existed.

Jun 16, 2010
Hah, what? So your name is Jim, and you're able to mindhack people... but it's called MindJack? I thought that it was meant to be some neologism form of something like "carjacking", but does the word actually even show up in the game?

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Can't say I didn't expect this review opinion. Angry Joe beat Yahtzee to the punch on this title by about a week, but the opinions are exactly the same. Except Joe had his brain almost melt from even trying to play Mindjack.

Thanks a ton Square, for making another badly done game. As if FF XIV wasn't a bad enough way to end 2010. Piece of advice: Stop making games for a while and focus your efforts on single projects. I think you need it at this point.