Zero Punctuation: Minecraft

Ranchcroutons

Sep 12, 2010
That sounded like a recommendation to me. I'm afraid if I started playing I would never quit though so I think I will continue to avoid this one.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Amazing review! I was expecting more criticism, but evidently Minecraft's awesomeness sways even Yahtzee himself.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
i was always thinking of looking into Minecraft, but i really dont want to go through the time and effort of paying just to gather out individual pieces of items and put them together into various things.

i like instant gratification more

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
A yahtzee review that makes me interested in playing the game...that makes, what, 6 out of 100+?

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
The skull bit gave me an idea. I usually just try to build stuff that's undercover. I once made a mansion underwater, that required the displacing of every cube of water in the area, on by one, since I don't know a better method. It turned out great. The downside was I couldn't find it if I went to far away. So I built a tall tower with a lava lamp on top of it.

They they added sea creatures and I did it all over again.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
This was the most amusing review of a game that Yahtzee liked yet. I note with pleasure that he didn't take the obvious "Creepers = Dongs" joke route as it is well overdone, but nevertheless rendered them just differently enough to make their appearance ever more suggestive. And now I want to suggest that Fisher Price take up his call to make Baby's First Shoggoth. I'd get it for my kids... maybe a mobile of the Old Gods? You know, something along those lines.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
So, former convicts, murderous wildlife, inhospitable deserts, and now, Poseidon's wrath? Sounds pretty bad. If I didnt literally only have about $200 in my account, I might consider helping out.

anyway, minecraft seems to be about what i expected, a sort of find your own fun, dont expect the developers to hand it to you sort of thing, aka, not my type of game.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
Ah Minecraft, that game I'm actually not too bothered about right now because I have other things to play. Shame all my Minecraft playing friends keep having a go at me and assume just because I don't play Minecraft means I hate it with a passion. I'm sure I would like it if I played it but there are other things to do.

No you don't need to go to sleep. You can stay up, play Minecraft, MINE OBSIDIAN, LOTS OF OBSIDIAN.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
WATCH IT FIRST FOR FUCK SAKE!
OT: *sigh* oh I wish I wasn't so fucking poor, I want this game so bad :(

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
From what i can tell Minecraft is like Little Big Planet without all the cuteness and it seems to just give you the toys but no instructions on how to build the damn thing. But still good review and good luck to everyone affected by the flood.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
I still wish I could get the fucking thing.

I wanna make an actual castle in the clouds... Followed by the minecraft world's first subway system.

But no, it's paypal only, and fuck me.

d3structor

Jul 28, 2009
Was expecting him to wait for it to actually come out before reviewing it, though if I remember correctly his first video here reviewed a demo as well. All well, not a big deal.

Good video, look forward to next week's.