Zero Punctuation: Nintendo 3DS

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Good job Yahtzee, I was surprised that you were doing a system review and it was the first one in ages that genuinely made me laugh out loud a few times. I haven't been hearing much on the 3DS due to nobody around here giving a shit about it. I was just curious to how their glasses-free 3d worked and wanted to test it out, I'm in no rush though and I will not be buying one until there's a substantial library of good games and the price drops significantly.

AlissaX70

Apr 24, 2008
Portal 2? I don't give a shit, I'm joining the "where-the-hell-is-the-Portal-2-review" bandwagon. Mostly because it's the perfect paradox: a Portal game, but a sequel.

As far as this review goes... at least he called out Nintendo; we don't want another gimmick, we want more games! And I don't mean "more Mario or Zelda" games. The Nintendo 3DS sounded stupid anyway, it makes sense that it doesn't have any groundbreaking (or even good) games yet...

NightmareTaco

Apr 8, 2010
Thrust said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Every time they have a success it is followed by a failure? Which was the last failure? I didn't think the Gamecube did that bad, especially with Metroid Prime.
It was the least selling Nintendo console, which is probably the reason that made Nintendo change it's direction towards casual players.
I guess Virtual Boy didn't make it onto your list of Nintendo consoles? Lol.

I think the 3DS will be a good purchase... next year. :) For now I'm excited for their silly ports.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
the 3DS holds no appeal to me, so even if he is being his usual self I more or less agree with it. Nintendo has been on a spiral downwards in quality and when my gf bought me a Wii for my birthday I made her return it.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
OhJohnNo said:
Portal 2 should be an interesting review - "Hey! Let's see how much I can praise this game without losing my fanbase!"
Only if the game was good enough to overcome the deadly sin of being a sequel.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Next week is going to be an interesting balancing act. He needs to be negative enough to stop most of his fans from complaining, but he needs to still give Portal 2 lots and lots of praise lest there be lots of complaints from this site's biggest fanbase, the Church of Freeman. Either way, the comment section next week is going to be almost as fun to watch as the video itself...

OT: Honestly, as funny as a lot of it is, his reviews for anything Nintendo-based have become... predictable. VERY predictable. It's still funny, but when you know all the jokes that are coming, it loses something.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Like everyone I was hoping he'd have gotten to Portal 2 already. But he did take a while to review Bulletstorm when we assumed he would love the game. Good insite on the 3Ds though, I tried it at target and my eyes hurt after a couple of minutes

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
Can't remember the last time I saw such a funny ZP.

As for the 3DS, I'm waiting for the next version wich will actually be complete, like the DS lite and Advance SP.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Enlong said:
OhJohnNo said:
Portal 2 should be an interesting review - "Hey! Let's see how much I can praise this game without losing my fanbase!"
Only if the game was good enough to overcome the deadly sin of being a sequel.
But it's made by Valve. Of COURSE he'll like it.

tryfan

Apr 13, 2011
I have a lot of disposable income, and buying the 3DS would have been easy for me. Problem was, I didn't see a single reason to buy the thing. I only have one working eye, so that's a bit of an annoyance from the 3D perspective. Having said that, the launch titles weren't that good, with pilotwings being the only decent one of the bunch from what I've read and heard. I'm one of the few people who hasn't beaten ocarina of time, and I'll wait until that comes out to grab the hardware. I'll also hotglue the 3D slider to off.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
DoctorPhil said:
Can't remember the last time I saw such a funny ZP.
Really?

I mean, it was OK, but as someone else said, his Nintendo-based reviews are becoming kinda predictable. It's always "Nintendo is cashing in on weak stuff when it's not failing hard", "Motion Controls are a dying breed", "sequels are horrible", "HAHAHA Zelda", "I'll be proven right" in some order.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't biased, but I kinda prefer ones where he's not banging on about Nintendo. Because, whether I agree with them or not, they're more funny.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Love Señor Koquonfaes. Brilliant! Very funny ep, feels like you're in the zone right now. And looking forward to Portal 2 next week!
Will you change your mind about the 3DS if it actually gets software? Like in 2 years?

GrungyMunchy

Nov 21, 2009
I love how there are always exactly two idiots who feel the need to post before they saw the video.

Also, I lol'd at the class conflict of the 3DSs.