Zero Punctuation: Overlord 2

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I don't agree at all. Overlord (and 2 sort of) was brilliant

At least rent the game. It should be experienced

Duh

Feb 19, 2009
well, i liked pikmin and i never realy got into "proper" RTS games, but i still dont care about this game
whatever then

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
This game is actually fun and I bet many others would think that is they weren't doing the usual ZP fanboy act where they claim to hate as much as he does. The main issue with most critics were glitches, although that joke was used up on STALKER: Clear Sky (one of the best ZP jokes yet of course lol).

Funny review still! And yeah, the controls are better on the consoles (I have the 360 version, but it red ring'd on me so I can't complete it yet, typical). But I don't see the link with Peter whats his face since he wants you to "love" characters (and tries badly), Overlord clearly not so much. Pikmin is correct but only in terms of gameplay.

Pope is lawful evil? I'm starting to question the first part of the statement now a days lol!

saiyanwarrior

Jun 14, 2009
Zenode said:
Overlord Seems like one to avoid at any rate. "I do agree with the its not fun to be a dick if your encouraged to do that" theory

I guess moral choice isn't for Yahtzee

EDIT: pretty sure everyone except the guy above me is gonna get a whomping from the mods :p
I hope they do, I liked this review and I was thinking of geting this but now I think I'll pass, is it me or did this review seem shorter than normal?

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Haha this was really funny. I thought this had potential to be a good game, something similar to Kingdom under fire which I enjoyed. Oh well.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Good review. I played a demo of the original and found it to be amusing but nothing I'd actually pay for or even put in my GF Queue.. Nice to see the sequel followed suit.

Megidolaon

Jul 15, 2009
Great review as always.
I love how you bring to light the usually overlooked flaws.
You always hear game X is so great and got like 90% at Y review site, but rarely ever people talk about the gameplay flaws that often make playing the game a chore rather than fun.

As for the pope:
http://edkrebs.com/herb/petoons28/pope_looks_like_palpatine_02.jpg

Guybrush Threepwood

Apr 9, 2008
i kinda had a vague hope that this might be a good game.
oooohhh well.

also "don't forget it rhymes with nazi" was my favourite part xD

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
I've definitely reached the conclusion that Yahtzee and I don't agree on games at all. Which is fine, his reviews are still very entertaining, I just don't agree with most of what he says. He's right about the minion sweep thing, though, that sucks on the PC.

juraigamer

Sep 3, 2008
The game is quite fun, in just the sheer mindset of "go minions". True sometimes the moving the minions is tough, but hell your an overlord... Overall its a game you should get if you liked the first, otherwise used or rent for everyone else.

Please note: First game ever that I wanted to kill all the elves, then the game Dev's for how they portrayed them.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
About as Peter Molyneux as you can get without having Peter Molyneux.

Loved it, as always.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
saiyanwarrior said:
I hope they do, I liked this review and I was thinking of geting this but now I think I'll pass, is it me or did this review seem shorter than normal?
Nope it was the same 4 minute review as normal so dont worry, i thought for a second that it was LONGER than usual lol

Ashfire45

Jul 15, 2009
If it wasn't such a familair clone to the original, I -might- get it...But I spent my monies on Prince of Persia and Heavenly Sword....Hmmm..>_>

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I'm disappointed to see all the minions here rejecting a game because of overlord Yahtzee rejecting it. Yes, Overlord can be a bit linear, and the micromanagement can be a ***** with the controls (which are actually a lot better on consoles), but the thing is it actually is a lot of fun. If you want a second opinion and would rather not just break over the whims of Yahtzee then try this review [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6223-Review-Overlord-2] by Susan Arendt. It describes in much more accuracy the merits and downfalls of the game because it isn't focused on tearing the game down which is the general goal of Yahtzee's reviews.

TheManWithNoShoes

Jun 27, 2009
Rajin Cajun said:
TheManWithNoShoes said:
I actually enjoyed the original Overlord, I always found the fact that it wanted you to be evil quite fun. I suppose the idea did loose it's luster somewhere around the first few levels though. I think I'll give Overlord2 a miss.
I have to agree but honestly at times in Overlord you didn't feel that evil at all. Not even killing the village of Hobbits did I feel very evil.
I would agree as well. I think the reason Overlord got boring in that sense was because there was absolutely no emphasis on the villagers that you maimed. They just seemed so cardboard and would occasionally help you before you and your army of demons ripped them to pieces. The good/evil thing here doesn't seem to have enough depth to work well, in my opinion