Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

mark_n_b

Mar 24, 2008
I can't read this thread anymore... I got to page 4 and just... I understand the earning disgust that would accompany naming the games.

For the record, I have no qualms with large breasted scantily clad women. I don't think that their breast size or outfit choice should be a factor in determining their role or quality as characters in games (both game designers and game fans need to realize this)

croshaw is mad

Aug 19, 2008
i would have to disagree with mark i think that the supercilious large breasted action girl is just the lazy programmer's means of keeping A.D.D. inflicted 40 year olds who live in their mother's basements looking at the screen. It's just so overused and one dimensional... if game designers want praise for making overrated and overused character types then they should at least make them interesting or, God forbid, ORIGINAL.

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
Quick! Everyone run out and buy Spiderman 2 so you can feel cool too! Only the cool kids are doing it... lol

spungemonkey

May 7, 2008
Zeddicus Zhul Zorander post=6.68312.630387 said:
Isan post=6.68312.625077 said:
Zeddicus Zhul Zorander post=6.68312.625063 said:
it's spelled A-S-S
or in english its "arse", like he said.
No, that's just how it's pronounced in Great Britain. Trust me, it's ass.
Also how it's pronounced in Australia...

It seems you need to remember a few things.
1) Yahtzee is British born
2) He currently resides in australia
3) There are other countries other than the USA (Shocking, I know)
4) The British invented the queens English - AKA proper English - we're right

Blazsy

Jun 8, 2008
1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. PoP Sands Of Time
4. Spiderman 1
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

Heroic One

Aug 29, 2007
I couldn't stand the first game. I had no idea what was going on or what to do most of the time, the combat was tedious, and I couldn't hear any of the voices despite my best efforts to fiddle with the options.

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
I wonder how many people have tried to guess Yahtzee's top 5? If anyone DIDN'T guess portal then they are beyond stupid.

memejoey

Aug 20, 2008
bodiddly83, I think you should lighten up a bit.

Most people here don't take Yahtzee's opinion of games to heart, we watch him because we think hes funny. He's a comedian.

If you don't find him funny then you shouldn't be here in the comments, making angry-sounding posts to people that couldn't care less what you think. If you don't like him, then just stop watching his videos and shut up about it.

Sensei Le Roof

Jul 2, 2008
spungemonkey post=6.68312.645316 said:
4) The British invented the queens English - AKA proper English - we're right
Sorry to break your bubble, but American English isn't "wrong English" any more than Catalán is "wrong Spanish". They're different dialects, nothing more.

Poyer

Jul 27, 2008
bodiddly83 post=6.68312.642526 said:
"Finally someone stands up for the right kinds of games, like Psychonauts and No More Heroes."

Giving poor easy mode bs reviews about good games doesnt help Psychonauts or any other game in any way.
your forgeting that reviews as a whole are pointless.

Jun 13, 2008
bodiddly83 post=6.68312.645183 said:
"i would have to disagree with mark i think that the supercilious large breasted action girl is just the lazy programmer's means of keeping A.D.D. inflicted 40 year olds who live in their mother's basements looking at the screen. It's just so overused and one dimensional... if game designers want praise for making overrated and overused character types then they should at least make them interesting or, God forbid, ORIGINAL."

Right, female protaganists should be flat chested lazy fat asses with bad teath. That'll keep the "high brow" gamers coming back. Then we can make all the male protaganists scrawny limp wristed art fags who wear glasses and carry laptops anywhere they go with there hands free head sets. That will make for good char design.

Big boobs somehow equals shallow women?? Get your minds out of the gutter
I was with you until you started bashing gays. Your point was so well thought yet not well writen, a shame.

ANYwho, I agree. Although over used I enjoy pretty people. I like what is appealing to the eyes. Now it would be nice to tone it down enough so we were at a human point of beauty. I like that. Maybe put some cherryblossems floating around too.
It's like what he said in 'No More Heros' I think where they wanted to have social satire and make a point so much that they were ruining the game for it. [Elegedly]
If I saw a game called 'Beautiful people in light petty scenery with basic story line and huge world to just explore and do side quests with no main story line to kill your soul' I buy that shit, play it until I die and take it with me to my coffin. Requesting that they put the consol in with me.
On second thought that's why I've been playing Okami 18 hours a day non-stop for a week until I finished it. It was pretty with flowers everywhere, had beautiful animals [that you could talk to.] The best main character animal in the history of anything, and a huge wourld of side quests. *Drools*

DavidTanis

Aug 20, 2008
Only on the Escapist can nerds argue over the English language, a man none of them have met and his top 5 games and the ratio of tits to brains in supercilious bad ass action girls.