Zero Punctuation: Prototype 2

Katya Topolkaraeva

Dec 9, 2010
No surprise here. It's an open sandbox game so, no matter the quality Yhatzee will love it. Just as he will hate any very prescripted linear game no matter its quality (ie Uncharted 2, 3)

SpaceGhost

May 5, 2012
Can we make a reality show pitting the Boys from Liverpool against the Guidos from the Jersey Shore in arena-style battles to the death?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
For shame Yathzee, us fine people of Liverpool are kind and gentle folk. Its those crazy evolutionary throwbacks from Manchester you've got to watch out for :p

Well I should be going, those car stereos and hubcaps won't liberate themselves now.

captcha: tuckered out

Well a long night of stealing I mean finding items laying around so I can return them to lost property does make me tired <.<

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
The only thing this game has done for me so far is to act as a painful reminder that even though I picked up the original Prototype on launch date, I still have yet to actually finish it.

Other than that, this seems just like Prototype 1, just with a different protagonist, which isn't really a bad thing, considering how fun the original was.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Played it from Friday all the way through to Monday 4AM. Worth it. Fun game, really improves upon the last one. Not game of the year, but its one of the few time I've had a lot of FUN with a game.
Alex Mercer also seems to work better as a straight up Villain than an undecided Protagonist.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Dammit! First Yahtzee extra in months and it was an advertisement.

I keep hoping.

Aside from that, pretty hilarious outing this time. Thanks!

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
TheCaptain said:
Did anyone have the feeling that the original Prototype was to be taken seriously? I mean, there was the odd bit of storytelling here and there, and the web of intrigue appealed to the weird compulsion to collect every bit of scrap left lying around, but the game was so hilariously over the top that I always just assumed it to be written in a slight tongue-in-cheek-way.

Bottom line, if Prototype 2 is exactly like Prototype 1 only newer, Mr. Heller and I are going to have a blast :)
But honestly I was hoping to see if there was more about how repetitive Prototype 2 was to 1, I mean I think I went halfway through Prototype 1 before never picking it up again because I just got so bored since it was so repetitive. Yah it wasn't bad it's just even with all the abilities it got old real fast especially when all the new enemies are just beefier versions of ones you've been fighting for a long time.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I can agree with Yahtzee on this one. Prototype 2 was fun while it lasted, but once it's done, it's just... done. And forgettable. I remember it holding my attention at the time, but I honestly don't recall much of what happened in the game.

The ending is also incredibly dumb and very rushed. But I have to say, there's something awesome about moving the way Heller does. I wouldn't pay for this game, but it was a fantastic rent.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
GeorgW said:
I knew you'd like it, even though it's been getting ripped by critics. I haven't played it, but I did like the first one. Lots of funny parts, the pretty one and Liverpool especially.
In truth, I don't really take critics that seriously besides just a few like Yahtzee himself. Most of them tend to judge the game on quality, on plot, and on facts such as gameplay while they're not interested from the start but play it anyways due to being paid. For Yahtzee, the reason he liked this was because it improved from the first Prototype along with having much to do if you're killing time.

But yeah if a ton of critics are ripping a game then it does leave you wondering.. anyways I liked this review and I laughed quite a few times. Good show of course Yahtzee, i'll probably never get bored of your episodes (besides, I myself have seen every single one so.. doubt I will stop now anyways for whatever reason).
Of course there's a lot of difference between reviewers and you have to find a good fit for yourself. In the end, as long as you're enjoying a game the review shouldn't matter, I only use them when deciding on what games to get. Don't know what kind of odd review you'd prefer, but I'd rather prefer a review to judge a game on quality and gameplay facts... ^^

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
More Just Cause 2? Yahtzee, are you mad? Between the boring as boring driving missions and the extremely repetitive combat, there just isn't enough game there to really justify saying studios should do more of it. Even the best parts of the game are just "run grapple shoot repeat".

P.S. Thanks

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Escapist Expo?? Finally something I can go to without a plane ticket or multiple tanks of gas :D

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
cricket chirps said:
ANeM said:
The Escapist Expo thing sounded interesting right up until the "North Carolina" part. It seems like if you're going to hold a convention it would probably be best not to hold it in a place that would automatically alienate a large portion of your audience.
This seems to suprise a lot of people. But North Carolina is a gameing Hub. A lot of major design schools and game developing companies are located here. Epic for example being one of the most well known.

Also The Escapist is based there and it would be QUITE silly for them to have to fly somewhere to go to their own convention now wouldn't it?

:D Lucky for me i love in NC
North Carolina is awesome :D

okay it gets pretty boring but it's a pretty safe place to live...unless you're in downtown Durham loll uh oh

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
ImSkeletor said:
Abedeus said:
Lost it at "To the gulag!"...
ANeM said:
The Escapist Expo thing sounded interesting right up until the "North Carolina" part. It seems like if you're going to hold a convention it would probably be best not to hold it in a place that would automatically alienate a large portion of your audience.
Now, now, they're not alienating anyone.

They just want to show that there is a first class citizen.

And if are on the wrong team, you are not that first class citizen.
What are you talking about exactly?
61% of NC thinks homosexuals, bi and transgender people don't deserve the right to marry each others. Even a civil marriage.