Zero Punctuation: Red Faction Guerrilla

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
TheOnceandFutureKing said:
I cant get it to play so I dont know if he makes mention of it but I believe this is his 100th video with The Escapist.
If you are running an ad blocker, that is probably it. Also, this is the 99th episode...next week what will happen?!?!?!??!?! :)
The Escapist will explode into Branston Pickle and hats.

This one felt kind of short, like he wasn't intrested in the game or in reviewing it. Still made me laught a few times, though.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Blowing shit up and then immediately killing everything in a 100-bajillion-mile-radius is guerrilla warfare? And here I thought it was about sneaking around, covertly blowing things up and undermining an evil organization.

I don't think I'll take part in this revolution. Thank you for the heads-up, Yahtzee.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I enjoyed this one but there weren't too many "lolocaust" moments where I was in pain over all the hilarity. Though it's not like Mr. Croshaw has much to work with... there's really nothing but crap coming out until September.

Here's hoping for something really cool next week a.k.a not a clipshow.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
I remember reading that the game runs the same engine as saints row 2 and that in earlier stages it caused some people in game to go nuts and start shooting everyone. But I love the hammer of thor and can agree some buildings can stand on a toothpick until you go under them..

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
His review actually made me want to play it. I've been uncertain until now, but I think I'll go check it out.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
TheOnceandFutureKing said:
I cant get it to play so I dont know if he makes mention of it but I believe this is his 100th video with The Escapist.
If you are running an ad blocker, that is probably it. Also, this is the 99th episode...next week what will happen?!?!?!??!?! :)
Just because I love Themis Media's properties like Yahtzee loves Portal (well, OK, I'm not capable of loving anything---maybe not even my wife---THAT much!), I won't even tell that poor soul how to have your cake and eat it too by getting rid of the ads and still watching.

On-topic, Saints Row 2 was more like a lucky accident on the part of those developers, and when they found themselves forced to make a game with a beginning, middle, and end, they fell flat on their asses. They couldn't make RF:G a sandbox game largely because the setting would run smack into the plausibility wall if they were to try it, so they were stuck making a game ill-suited to their own talents as a developer. If they learn from their mistakes (that is, make Saints Row 3) they should be fine.

FelixofMars

Oct 31, 2007
I have it on my rent list, but I tried both demos and to be honest I got bored very quickly with hitting things with the hammer. He is completely correct about the buildings, they look like they are made out of paper but it seems that you need to sit their for 30 minutes smashing the thing apart.

Maybe I will appreciate the full game more but it did seem really dull very quickly. Maybe hitting things with hammers just isn't that exciting.

CF105

Dec 13, 2008
finally a bit of a upswing in the quality of zero punctuation. for me the last 3 weeks have been bland and boring. hopefully it will get better as the weeks go on to reach the former levels of quality.

ThePhobicMan

Jun 19, 2009
I love the part about buildings standing up on basically nothing, I agree. I played at a friend's house for about 5 minutes, and I didn't like it that much. The realistic destroying factor is sort-of dumbed down when a building collapses and most of it just sinks into the ground.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
I liked RF1 and hated RF2. I would love to play guerrilla and I have guerrilla but my xbox died about an hour and a half into guerrilla. Overall what I played I loved it then again you can sell me on senseless destruction.

Twinnie

Apr 18, 2008
Download the ZP theme tune? I want to be rid of it forever, I'd only download it so I could delete it over and over again.

But I don't get it, did he like the game or not?

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
I really liked the review, he made some very good points.
I guess you can't really bring down a building in five seconds with a hammer....