Zero Punctuation: Red Steel 2

Tanzka

Jan 7, 2009
Well Yahtzee, I hope you're happy. You've got the caped console crusaders on a roll again.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
"Put this bit in that bit" ROFL..

"My personal fighting style is 'Startled Gazelle'"

Brilliance as usual, and perhaps slightly more even handed than I had anticipated!

Flame Rider

Apr 5, 2010
MowDownJoe said:
Don't worry, Yahtzee... I hate 2Fort, too.

...Actually, that's the only TF2 map I can think of that I hate.
Judging by the setting you'd still be OK with Sawmill, Lumberyard, Viaduct and a few other, not counting player created stuff.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
that native imp at the ending scene was totaly ignored.
you could play a farmer game, in whitch you have to climb up trees and cut of coconuts with your bayonett(a).

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Damn, ZP is pretty sweet in high-def....... snarf snarf

Anyhow, that was the funniest ZP in a long while. I was laughing loudly to myself within the first two minutes to the point where I couldn't hear a lot of the review - that hasn't happened in FOREVER. Really good show, that one was!

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
"You killed his father, prepare to die." =D awesome review; I'm still surprised he hasn't reviewved Shattered Memories by the way.

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
I thought Red Steel 2 was decent. Although your guns are useless about halfway through the game since the enemies can just block your bullets and even if you break their guard it's much more efficient to just stab them. I liked being able to choose between a gun and a sword more than those segments being gun/sword-specific (considering that sword segments are few and far between in the original red steel). I doubt Yahtzee ever gives Wii games a chance to be good.

Also, the only the RED part of TF2 maps are desert-y/ish.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Yes yes yes yes! Calvin and Hobbes reference! You are my hero. This is one of the best ZPs ever done. The air traffic controller had me in stitches :D

Anaphyis

Jun 17, 2008
Pretty much any game could be superior with motion detection given some basic ingenuity on the side of the developer unless it is either a shooter or a platformer, aka the bread and butter for the EXTREME HARDCORE GAMERZ. So yeah.

Aside from the typical Wii bashing and the hypocrisy it entails and I've come to expect from Yahtzee I still have to ask why Nintendo is getting flak here when the title in question was developed and published by Ubisoft. No one in their right mind would blame Sony for Stormrise after all.

But hey, most oft the reviews for Wii titles also degrade into all-purpose Wii bashing, you nothing new here either.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
For some reason, by looking at the title and the cover art i was actually hoping for this game to be good. -_-

Dancing Rick

Apr 14, 2010
Loving the Princess Bride reference at the end there.
And I may or may not get this game, depends whether or not I decide the Wii is worth more than playing bowling on.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
You mean the sensor bar doesn't go up the nose? No wonder I wasn't getting much response.

Yeah, I traded my Wii in so I won't be getting this one, nice to know the Motion Plus is actually doing something semi-decent for the first time, though. All the other games released for it seem bland and mediocre (save perhaps a couple of the Sports Resort Plus games).