Zero Punctuation: Resistance 3

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
Versuvius said:
Fucking typical. A shooter with all of the mechanics i liked that were lost are back but only because Half Life got raped in the shower and woke up in a bathtub full of ice missing all of it's internal organs. I still might buy it though. Beggars can't be choosers when something passably different pops up and wiggles it's juicy buns in my face.
I totally read this in Yahtzee's voice. Are you perhaps channeling him?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I've been semi-interested in playing this. Not enough to actually buy a PS3, mind you, but still would like to play it. Thank goodness a friend has a PS3. Mayhaps I can talk her into buying this game. A game that is "clearly her kind of game" and should "buy it immediately".

LordJiro said:
Don't be silly, Yahtzee, Insomniac isn't COMPLETELY ripping off Valve. They can count to three, for one.
Ho ho, I see what you did there.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
The last part was pretty funny but my favorite part was the line reading he gave about Sony.

The Resistance series is part of my backlog of games I have to finish. Resistance 2 had a very fun Team Fortress ripoff that had a small story arc that somewhat changed when replayed, it was my favorite part of that game.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Sudenak said:
Damn. Had my hopes up that a game was finally pushing ahead with nice game mechanics, only to learn that it's basically ripping off HL2. Hopefully it's just a massive coincidence and we'll once more see an FPS that doesn't require you to suck your thumb in a corner.

Until then, I'll cling to my Heretic and Hexen and gaze longingly at next-gen graphics.
That is just a running joke for his review. They had been applying these mechanics in Ratchet & Clank long before HL2. Ratchet and Clank fighting is just stylised differently but the non-regenerating health, the copious quantities of weapons and weird guns are all there.

So next time check if the developers have been designing their games that way for the past 9 years before you start giving them crap.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Yahtzee? Flat-out liking a modern-day FPS? The one that was essentially the starting gun for FPS Season 2011 no less? If I actually had a PS3, I'd buy this game just to see if the game dispenses some form of drug directly into the pleasure center of your brain.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I played the first resistance lost interest. And now I am intrigued. I want to find out where they put the body!

Chezza

Feb 17, 2010
That review literally made me burst out laughing to the extent it attracted everyone in the house to go have a looksie. Damn Yahtzee, yo funny!

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
The only Play station franchise that actually interests me.

I won't buy it unless somehow I have prolonged access to a PS3 but it looks fun.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I don't care if it ripped off HL2 or not. A FPS game that isn't cover based, no regenerating health, and no weapon limits? I'll buy it.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I enjoyed this one enough to comment. THE HORROR

In anycase, I don't know if I want to jump right into Resistance 3 when I haven't played any of the other games but I consider this a positive review seeing as instead of pissing on the game he just ragged on it for copying HL 2.

Huh.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
Funniest zp in a long time (not to say that they aren't usually funny, it's just this one is going to go down as a 'classic'.)

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
omg, don't you understand, guys?

RESISTANCE 3 IS VALVE'S HALF-LIFE 2 EPISODE 3 WITH A FEW THINGS CHANGED! IT'S ALL PART OF THE HUGE GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY!

HIDE YOUR KIDS!

HIDE YOUR FAMILIES!

HIDE YOUR GAME CONSOLES!

JACK THOMPSON IS GONNA KILL US ALL!!!

srsly, great vid Yahtzee made. One of my all-time favorites.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Hysterical! Absolutely hysterical! I wish I laughed harder but it takes quite a bit of stimuli to actually make me not force my laughter.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol, that was really funny. the last part made me really laugh. all the resemblance to HL2. and amazing, no cover based shooter, no regenerating health, healthpacks....oh my god. amazing. so there are still companies out there who still do this stuff instead of cloning halo for the millionth time.