Zero Punctuation: Sim City Societies

adude

Jan 7, 2008
Very nice job Yahtzee on another excellent review. A excellent little tf2 treat at the end. the only thing i found slightly disappointing is the pace at which you spoke in the review. Now i can sympathize that based on the game you were reviewing their might not be a whole lot to say about it, but seriously, your reviews speaking pace was at around 65% of what it usually was. I would much rather you review the game in 1.5 minutes at your usual witty pace then drag it out for longer than necessary. I mean, if you can complete the review in a minute, then do so and be done with it, maybe add a 2nd review (of solitaire for all i care) Or maybe take a break from the very stressful job of reviewing games. (note: that last sentance was not supposed to contain any amount of sarcasm, but might have come off with some.)

jdog16

Dec 17, 2007
Nice review. Never was much for god games. Hopefully Spore will change that.

Good on you for the 1984 referrances, by the way.

martianman

Feb 14, 2008
^^i love the little comments at the end.
"dont ask me anything this week,because i probably hate you" lol

^cant wait for spoooooore,hopefully better than this!

Iori Branford

Jan 4, 2008
The only "Sim-" game that matters is SimAnt anyway. If any former Maxis people are listening, we could really use another.

Carcer said:
I was going to post some stuff but somewhere between strongly wanting to respond and actually finalising registration I realised this isn't really a great place to argue about fandom stereotyping.
Anyone who's seen the likes of 4chan would think the same.

I watch and read all sorts of cartoons and comics with impunity but Christ, there are some real creeps making the rounds these days.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Good review, though I didn't really didn't find the manga joke funny at all.
People who read Japanese comics are pedos? Seriously, generalizing isn't funny.

I mean, what would you think if I called people who read American comics "emotional train wrecks with strange pant fetishes"? That I'm not funny, probably.

Edit: Iori, that still doesn't make all people who whack to hentai manga, pedos. I mean, sure there are pedos, sure, but then there are also just people looking at hentai manga for unnaturally busty and attractive women (as well as incest, beastiality, effeminate guys having gay sex and girls getting tentacle love).

Iori Branford

Jan 4, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Edit: Iori, that still doesn't make all people who whack to hentai manga, pedos.
No shit, but the evidence against them is there all the same, both in the fandom and the industry.

Also I laughed at "strange pants". There's just something about that word, "pants".

4C3C|24Ck

Nov 7, 2007
The review managed to keep me laughing from start to finish. And the last bit you did using the TF2 characters was also very funny.

beekay

Jan 26, 2008
That people think the last couple of reviews have been bad bewilders me. Getting better and better Yahtzee (h5)!

entropy3ko

Jan 17, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
The TF2 short is for valentines day. Didn't anyone else know that?
Of course, I am from the PC Gamer Master Race :p

I said it was so romantic XD

Let's all send a Valentine card to Yahtzee! (ok just kidding, do NOT do it!!!)

Poptart Fairy

Jan 31, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Good review, though I didn't really didn't find the manga joke funny at all.
People who read Japanese comics are pedos? Seriously, generalizing isn't funny.

I mean, what would you think if I called people who read American comics "emotional train wrecks with strange pant fetishes"? That I'm not funny, probably.
Where were you when he called the Japanese xenophobic dicks.

<.<

Slippery Jim

Nov 23, 2006
I love these game reviews and can't get enough of them. Freaking brilliant stuff. After watching the first video I emailed all my friends (yes, sadly a very short list) and told them that they HAD to watch these videos.

Feehl

Sep 12, 2007
Ozz04 said:
Wow, ok how did he do that last part using the TF2 engien?
To answer this question. I think he was probablt using Garrys Mod which uses the Halflife 2 engine hands you a PhysX gun and let's you build stuff that is supposed to work (or blow up) also you can pose ragdolls.

herodotus

Sep 6, 2007
I saw the game to be reviewed and thought "Oh hell, how boring". How wrong. Spot on review...and funny as hell again. Liked the TF2 bit as well, tho I thought something violent might have happened at the end, like revenge. Maybe I should get "The Orange Box".

Citrus459

Feb 14, 2008
Aw shush it all the manga store was a joke, get over it =) Yathzee fun as always, loved the TF2 part

pokkuti

Feb 14, 2008
Am I only one think that heavy is the one that kill medic.
everyone know how Yahtzee like Silent hill 2 so much.
And anyone who finish the game know that James, well... you know it.

Edit
My first post. Uhm, Hi.
Sorry for my english.

Wyatt

Feb 14, 2008
horrible, just horrible, so horrible in fact that ive created an account just to say so. first let me say i totaly love all the reviews so far, in fact ive watched some of them 5 or 6 times. they make me laugh right the hell out loud in some cases, but this review was pure crap. in the first place he phoned in the actual review in my opinion. granted the game didnt have alot to work with but my question is why review it at all in this case? with literally thousands of games out there to review why even waste the time? id rather see a review of dungeon keeper II than see something like this one.

in the second place whats with the tacked on video crap at the end? its not bad mind you but whats it got to do with a review of sim city? if you want to make that stuff then say so and post it as an individual thing. id still watch it most likly but to tack it on the end of a review? to paraphrase "its like your enjoying a nice grilled cheese sandwich when all of a sudden someone replaces it with cum between two slices of wood"

this weeks review was akin to watching Hulk Hogan actualy shoot steroids into his ass. its like watching superman pick his nose, or wonderwoman padding her bra. ive lost alot of the respect i had for yahtzee with this review. i hope he can recover next week.