Zero Punctuation: Singularity

flipsalty

May 11, 2010
JediMB said:
Bah, I was so enjoying the review until Yahtzee decided to go and reveal the Singularity plot twist after saying it's the same as the one in BioShock. Had to stop watching there.

Not to avoid spoilers for Singularity, but because I've just started playing BioShock for the first time.
He actually doesn't give away anything about bioshock.

flipsalty

May 11, 2010
randomrob said:
I was quite disappointed with that video. There wasn't a single cock or gay joke. :(
Did you watch, he had the USSR and United States comparing cock sizes.

mrhthepie

Dec 9, 2007
Element 99... So that would be Einsteinium then? If you're going to make up a new element at least check how many there already are.

Naminator236

May 13, 2010
ahahahahah loved the human centipede reference. I didn't watch that movie, but the trailer was enough for me try to forget about it.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
for me that human centipede reference was a major mindfuck, I am deeply concerned that this film is legal whereas crack cocaine is not, at least coke might take the sting off that film.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
Future Hero said:
He thought it was a piece of shit ripoff made by amateurs. YAY!!

He thought it was better than Wolfenstein. BOOO!!!
for your safety, i recommend you change your avatar within 5 days.
Just a friendly warning.

EDIT: OT, does anyone else think element 99 might be a bit of a tiberium ripoff?

Stripe

Jun 23, 2010
Cool, another game I won't be getting 'til it hits $5 on steam, still have about 100 unplayed games that sound better than this. :p

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
Well, good job I didn't buy it then. I put it back on the shelf and never looked back after I noticed that it involved time travel. No thanks, it gets too confusing too easily.

And when is Yahtzee going to give Star Trek Online the verbal thrashing it's been asking for for months?

Rabite

Aug 28, 2008
Hardcore_gamer said:
Why doesn't Yahtzee review fighting games like Super Street Fighter 4 or Tekken? I have never seen him review one.
He's said multiple times that he hates fighting games due to the ease of being beaten by someone mashing buttons.

OT: I played the first hour or so of the game and I saw what was happening with that doctor. But the game's "plot twist"? No. That is not a plot twist. That is something a 5 year old could figure out if they weren't paying attention.

However, this does not mean the game sucks. Just the plot is complete and utter shite. I'll definitely pick it up when it drops in price. Though I am getting very tired of the only hold two guns at the same time feature most FPS have been using since Halo, or whatever the first game to use that boring mechanic was.

FrostyCoolSlug

In the Ball Pool...
Jun 7, 2005
Holy crap! You lost your innocence at flambards too? It's an evil place..

It's unfortunate, there really is a lack of innovation in the gaming industry these days, a lot of developers seem to think 'shiny graphics' or 'alternate control styles' count as innovative, when ultimately the core game play comes down to beating a dead horse repeatedly, so much so that you might as well be using a stick of liquorice as there's nothing left to damage.

And as has been said before, people who decide whether or not to buy games of Yahtzee's "review" probably shouldn't be gaming to start with.. His job is pretty much to make fun of faults in games, he occasionally has a few good words to say but that's ultimately his choice based on whether he enjoyed the game or not.. Your experiences may vary.

redscum

Jul 21, 2010
Phenom828 said:
Well, this was a surprise. Him reviewing the game I mean, not him not liking it. I thought Singularity was pretty fun and I think he missed a lot of points that made it fun. But I agree with the laughability of the "plot-twist". Although honestly I enterpreted the "plot-twist" as something else.
The fact that you were the annomaly, not the saving. And the fact that you have to kill yourself in order to (maybe) set everything right again.
I'm gonna have to watch the video again though... I was sort of "dumbstruck" that he actually reviewed the game.
Actually, I think it goes further than that:

Even if you go back and kill yourself the time-line's still fucked, with the epilogue implying some kind of "good" Soviet rule of the world, with statues of that scientist, and you on a mission to the island but with Russian names like "Red Fleet" replacing the American ones. The video after the credits shows what the real anomaly was, it was Kathryn sent back in the ship wreckage who leaves that note in the book.

Incidentally I chose the ending where you kill both, I shot one guy and thought "hold on, my crosshairs are still red!" *BANG* It's actually my favourite ending of the three.

Anyway, there was "bullet-time", albeit with only one gun, the seeker. Firing a gun slow-mo around a corner into a soldier's groin never got old.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
wow a lot suspensions there...
anyways:
clever ending IMP! finaly a win for the IMP!

Humble85

Jun 6, 2010
I love seeing at least three people getting suspended or banned whenever a new ZP comes out. You thought they`d learned be now...

"...or is the entire gaming industry blackmaile by the russian voice actors union?" <-- you know what? I find there is a distinct possibility that this is in fact true.

however, i share yahtzees criticism, but i must say: singularity was at least a little fun. it was ok halfway through, the other half repetitive and boring. the multiplayer is actually very entertaining for a few hours.
I must actually have fallen asleep for a second or so during exposition, because i never actually realised the russians had taken over the globe until near the end. the supposed twist on the other hand, was, as far as i remember, reveiled an hour before the actual supposed revelation at the end - but more as a casual mention on the passthrough.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
redscum said:
Phenom828 said:
Well, this was a surprise. Him reviewing the game I mean, not him not liking it. I thought Singularity was pretty fun and I think he missed a lot of points that made it fun. But I agree with the laughability of the "plot-twist". Although honestly I enterpreted the "plot-twist" as something else.
The fact that you were the annomaly, not the saving. And the fact that you have to kill yourself in order to (maybe) set everything right again.
I'm gonna have to watch the video again though... I was sort of "dumbstruck" that he actually reviewed the game.
Actually, I think it goes further than that:

Even if you go back and kill yourself the time-line's still fucked, with the epilogue implying some kind of "good" Soviet rule of the world, with statues of that scientist, and you on a mission to the island but with Russian names like "Red Fleet" replacing the American ones. The video after the credits shows what the real anomaly was, it was Kathryn sent back in the ship wreckage who leaves that note in the book.

Incidentally I chose the ending where you kill both, I shot one guy and thought "hold on, my crosshairs are still red!" *BANG* It's actually my favourite ending of the three.

Anyway, there was "bullet-time", albeit with only one gun, the seeker. Firing a gun slow-mo around a corner into a soldier's groin never got old.
Wow, I'm a bit flattered that your first post was quoting me. ^^
And yeah, there was some difference, that's why I wrote "maybe". And I didn't really "get" what happened with Kathryn and the stuff...
Incidentally I did the same thing you did. "hmm crosshair still red?" I actually thought you were supposed to do that... :p

EDIT: [HEADING=1]WELCOME![/HEADING]

May 5, 2010
CyricZ said:
Wow. Can we make laws that people who write for video games have to have actual writing experience and can show credible work?

And I just realized that saying that I didn't mention that my target was not Mr. 'Tzee, but the people writing this video game he's talking about.
Did you actually play it? Because, as usual, it wasn't as bad as he made it sound.

(Although there were some pretty bad plot holes.)