Zero Punctuation: Skate 2

Zabadack

Mar 22, 2008
Never really got in to skate.

I agree though it's good they haven't dumbed it down, It's not a game
for me but it's nice to see something out there you have to actually learn
to be good at, most games now are so stupidly easy to play i've found myself
going back to nes games just to keep some interest.

oh yeh good review yahtzee's awesome etc.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
The no intro bit oddly threw me a bit...dunno why, just wasn't expecting to press play and go straight to review I guess.

greyhairdgamer

Mar 12, 2008
YAY!!!!!!! no intro
great review as always, i love the reference to rockband (stuck on that same song too, 84% every time)

JimbobDa3rd

Sep 21, 2008
To be honest i was hoping for something a bit better, I still love it, but as its the first sporting game he has done I was hoping for some very funny jokes as for each genre a new type of humour is needed but besides mentioning how fiddly it was (which he has already done in other reviews) and talking about cops (a tangent of mirrors edge authority thing) it was all pretty bland. Having said that Im still waiting for the days he returns to his peak, like last weeks

Shadow Law

Feb 16, 2009
I also find it funny that in a world revolving around skating the cops have absolutely nothing else better to do then chase you for having fun.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
"i kickflipped onto the rail, grinded to the end, backflipped, cured all the worlds diseases, and still found myself 600 points shy"

i pissed myself laughing when i heard this.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Great review, although Skate 2 isn't something I was ever interested it, at least it confirms my suspection Skate 2 is mainly for people who enjoy skating in their daily life.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
VaioStreams said:
"sixaxis to wave your willy around" brilliant
Its was just pure unadulterated genius.

Powerman88 said:
Wednesday at noon is the highlight of my week. I do not know if that's a complement for Yahtzee or a statement on how sad my life is.
I have mixed feelings about Wednesdays now, as as much as I love the video, the thread its in always annoys, in that three/four people make an account just so they can get the first post, and are subsequently banned. Its small and trivial, but to quote Peter Griffin, it really grinds my gears.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
No intro... very strange. Don't really care about the game, though -- but the review was still amusing as usual.

Also looks like there's six people up for the banhammer this week :)

(And I finally found out what local time these get posted... usually I'm not even awake this early in the morning.)

taiki

Nov 21, 2007
Yahtzee is a little confused. Skate 2 is pretty US Centric and thus from a country with NO free health care.

...which I guess goes to show exactly how retarded American skaters are.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I almost smacked my gob when I saw Yahtzee reviewing a skating game...