Zero Punctuation: Splinter Cell: Conviction

Jonsbax

May 4, 2010
At first I thought that the gameplay sounded very similiar to how I felt about MGS4, my number 1 dissapointment in games, but then it got even worse. I wonder if Yahtzee was just so fed up with the cut-scenes in MGS4 that the gameplay seemed halfway decent, or is Conviction really that bad?

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
not buying. either the game nor the shamelessly plugged book.

I think there are different brands of stealth. And spliter cell's brand is for as much market appeal as one can get. Guns = money.

mip0

Nov 25, 2009
O_O
Right! The Novel! Buy, gtg!

Shit! Gotta get a credit card first.

Shit! Gotta change bank first, here we go.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
"As fiddly as a fiddler crap fiddling with it's tax returns."

I want that on a T-shirt. You want my money. It's win-win.

Make it happen!

Hapetiitti

Nov 18, 2009
Cmwissy said:
Hapetiitti said:
WOW, I'll bet you're the same height as a heckuva lot of other people as well!!!! :O
5 ft 8" is actually pretty disgustingly short :(
I think that's quite far from short. Maybe below average (if you're a guy), but still quite normal-middle height. Being just over 6' I find myself at just the right height, I can consider myself tall without attracting attention or suffering from it. I'm guessing you're quite young.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I think this was one of the more hilarious videos in a while.

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
Woodsey said:
Lowbreed said:
I didn't even realise that there was a new splinter cell, they're like Guitar hero's now...
You've got to be kidding - this is the first one in 3 years.
Holy cow you're right!
That's how little of a shit I give about those games...

Regardless I take the comparison bit back, well pointed out.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Ha,ha, this sounds fucking hilarious. Now I'm sure the game isn't a complete pile of shit like Yahtzee makes it appear but it sounds fun hating it. I can't form my opinion until I've played it (which I might soon...perhaps) so I'll just enjoy the review.

Ishadus

Apr 3, 2010
Hey...I live in Montreal!

Them's fightin' words! You British/Australian....kangaroo...who likes...crumpets....or something...

...Shut up!

Masso

Mar 26, 2010
Thank you! Finally, someone can explain it right~

It's the same shit with the last games. Not only does the AI suck, but so does the general gameplay, i.e jumping, running, giving melees. I just can't see who the hell would like Splinter Cell games at all.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
I liked the fiddler crab joke, it was very Blackadder.

As for Splinter Cell, I downloaded the demo, got into the warehouse, got bored and deleted it. Like he says, the game plays itself for you.

SirDerick

Nov 9, 2009
I live in Montreal and I agree with Yahtzee that people here are fucking retards.

They're people here who say "Fuck the French et Vive le Quebec Libre!" while ignoring the fact that "Vive le Quebec Libre" is a quote from a Frenchman.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Sad to agree to everything in this review, Ubisoft fucking suck, 4 years for this shit, and you need a constant internet connection to play it.

I'm only keeping it because EB games gave me a free copy of Chaos Theory/Pandora Tommorow because I pre-ordered it.