Zero Punctuation: Split Second: Velocity

dunnace

Oct 10, 2008
... but the game isn't based on luck at all, in fact the smart player won't take first until the final lap, constantly hang back until they can spring a powerful trap towards the end and then win. The trick is in playing the course and keeping pace, not only that but the power-ups are earned, not randomly distributed.

Methinks you missed the point.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Gotta say I'm in the same boat. I really don't mind racing games but I'm just not very good at them.. and that is only exacerbated by the need for most racing games to include luck based mechanics or rubber band AI. Even when I do get in a good racing groove and am doing well, it's beyond frustrating to know that one tiny mistake, or the game apparently deciding you're just doing too well at it, will knock you out of first with no chance to recover.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe...Good ep. I liked the racing action, but I got some strange glitches at points...

wonkify

Oct 2, 2009
Yahtzee's mum can give me a ride to the corner market anytime if we get to enjoy massive, property destroying 'splosions and mayhem on the way.

And the Thatcher joke made me laugh, the timing on that line's delivery was spot on.

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Mirror Tits.

Can someone get a picture of that? :D

Sir John the Net Knight said:
I hate to break it to Mr. Croshaw, but he just reviewed Mario Kart.
If you replace "Shipping Crate" with "Blue Shell", you have a point!

WiDEEyeDSmILes

Aug 11, 2010
Just throwing out my opinion.

Racing games never caught my fancy, there's so little ways to vary it and keep the game from being repetitive that they are rarely done well.

The Need for Speed games kept their business with the ability to customize and tune your vehicle, giving you a feeling of satisfaction and pride when you see your crayon scribbled on vehicle with all the engine upgrades easily beat your npc opponents. That and of course the god awful movies that all kept the same name as some pricks idea of good marketing, it all ended up looking like some terrible inbred family tree, each and ever one having at least one deformity that made them hideously second rate in whatever genre competition they entered in.

Then there are games that try to mix it up a bit, like Burn Out, where you do a Evil Knievel like stunt to crash your vehicle in a way to rack up as much casualty damage as possible. Or the classic, combat(stroke)racing games, where gatling guns spawn from the sides of your car and the back hood pops open to launch off a spray of small lemon sized heat seeking missiles. Almost all of which controls end up being a bit awkward and difficult to control while driving a good 90 down a bendy road. Some to better then others, but in the end they all end up focusing more on how big a caliber weapon you can ducktape to your hood then the actual racing aspect.

P.S.

I will keep posting this until I see a review on it.

Yahtzee, you should play Rule of Rose.

rb26dett

Nov 18, 2009
From what I've heard, everybody who played this game (as in, not given it a try, but actually played) thinks that it's a good one, but runs out of fresh stuff to explode in an instant. Fun while it lasts.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Don't worry about touching the game, even without that we'll always remember you as the prickiest prick who ever pricked.

qorl

Jul 9, 2009
Wow, it took 4 seconds for yahtzee to make a dick joke. This must be some kind of record.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Blue-State said:
Undead Dragon King said:
I really expected nothing more from Disney. Goddammit I hate that conglomerate.

That fetus joke was solid gold though.
Remember that Pixar is part of that conglomerate. Tred carefully. >(
Pixar is yet another reason why I hate Disney. The giant corporate octopus ran out of good ideas for it's movies, so they subsumed a company that made great films. Yes, I realize that Pixar had had a close relationship with Disney all along, but it's the principle of the thing. Disney's conquest of ESPN and ABC strikes a similar chord with me, even if it didn't involve the relationship that Pixar had with Disney.