Zero Punctuation: Split Second: Velocity

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
ForensicYOYO said:
What the hell! Probation? all I did was post the number1 to save my spot so I could come back after I watched it and edit my message. Was that so wrong? O and I got 7 days for it!?! what a load of crap.
OT: I liked your review as usual.
ery simply the rules of the message board are to contribute to the discussion. It's not the Moderator's fault that you decided to watch the content after posting nor could they do that. They frown on useless posts. So yes, it was wrong.

I liked the review, and it's very true what he said about the repetition. I had the traps memorized at one point, it was all too hit-and-miss

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Really enjoyed that episode... not sure why as it wasn't as side-splittingly (or should I say "side/splitting") funny as many other an episode.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
You probably get your jollies by buying two poverty-stricken pregnant women and telling them that neither are getting out of the arena alive until one has eaten the other's fetus.
And with that, Yahtzee cements this episode as one of my favorites.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Yahtzee, it makes you feel like a prick because you are a prick. Don't take it the wrong way, though, that's the majority of what makes you entertaining in ZP.

DarkElfa

Dec 26, 2007
I feel Yahtzee's pain with this game. You reach excessive boredom quite quickly when you realize you're playing the same tracks over and over.

My biggest hassle though was how loud the game is. Sure, you can turn it down, but its just constant noise pollution.

comet5002

Mar 27, 2009
I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed the bit about the hyphen and the slash since I am a bit of a grammar nazi myself.

Ehh @ Racing games. Never really liked them. I still consider Mario Kart to be the best. Which says a great deal about my opinion of racing games, now doesn't it?

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
oh yahtzee, you dont disappoint

however, in case it was the pc version you were reviewing, you forgot something kinda important, the return of SplitScreen multiplayer on pc gaming

however, I find it to be real fun, especially blowing the car in front of me into shit right in the finish line so I get first ^.^

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Split Second: Velocity

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Split/Second: Velocity

Watch Video
I Absolutely agree in almost everything, might i suggest you to try playing Blur...XD

it is fun, has some basic troglodyte strategy, but that's it.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Haven't I already heard this review somewhere...?
*grumble* In every game magazine known to exist *grumble*
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't reviews supposed to... you know, review and rate?
Perhaps I'm looking at this all the wrong way.
Zero Punctuation is a parody critic, so I should expect the same reviews with a sarcastic and off color twist.
Sometimes I feel it would be even better if Yahtzee brought up points not generally discussed though.
Particularly annoying pieces of gameplay that most reviews cast a blind eye towards.

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
Dear Yahtzee,

WOULD YOU KINDLY call Jerry Bruckheimer and explain to him that i've already seen The Sorcerers Apprentice and found it a moderatley pleasurable distraction from an otherwise uneventful afternoon.

that is all.

halbarad

Jan 12, 2008
"Yes, Life was tough in Thatcher's Britain"

This caught me by surprise and made me cough up the water I was drinking. Nearly made me choke but well worth if for the laugh!

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Having this and Blink come out in the same month was too much for my prehistoric inclinations to ignore, and I picked Split/Second up. I convinced myself I was getting better at drifting, but finally threw the game away at season 6 after having again been inexplicably beaten by a truck a full lap ahead of me. When I drive that same truck the acceleration curve from 0-60mph was something like 14 seconds, so I don't know how he did it.