Zero Punctuation: Spore

aniki21

Jan 26, 2007
Maybe not one of the best ZP reviews, but still very good.

The "Nooooooooooooooooooo" joke was obvious from a mile away, but I still thought it was funny. It managed to go on long enough that it went from being funny to not funny and back to funny again, at least for me.

The9mm

Jul 24, 2008
RaiDK post=6.71753.737880 said:
The9mm post=6.71753.736799 said:
to put fifteen seconds of no into your vid is an insult
to bash spore is an even bigger one
just because your mind has corroded from eating to much gaming shit and a game does not pull your cock the right way, you shouldn't stop being open to new technology and new gaming-ideas
space age sucks in some ways
but thats about it
good night and good luck
lol fanboy.

Good review!
four words
all a failure
try again :D

Sephitar13

Sep 18, 2008
I like the video... like every other video he's ever made.. but somethings missing... i miss the comedy and complete dissregarde of others opinions in his older videos like COD4 and sim city

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
We knew Spore was a waste of time before Yahtzee came along. Why couldn't he have reviewed Mercs 2 or something instead?

And spore DOES suck! Wake up and smell your own semen stained pants, fanboys! I've been playing Sim games for years, and I've beaten ones I doubt many of you even knew existed. I wouldn't piss on Spore if it was on fire, largely because I'm probably the one with the gasoline and matches.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Wargamer post=6.71753.738398 said:
We knew Spore was a waste of time before Yahtzee came along. Why couldn't he have reviewed Mercs 2 or something instead?

And spore DOES suck! Wake up and smell your own semen stained pants, fanboys! I've been playing Sim games for years, and I've beaten ones I doubt many of you even knew existed. I wouldn't piss on Spore if it was on fire, largely because I'm probably the one with the gasoline and matches.
Oh wow I guess the escapist community is as tolerant of different tastes as ever.

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008

And spore DOES suck! Wake up and smell your own semen stained pants, fanboys! I've been playing Sim games for years, and I've beaten ones I doubt many of you even knew existed. I wouldn't piss on Spore if it was on fire, largely because I'm probably the one with the gasoline and matches.p

You can't "beat" sandbox games. The very fact that you say so shows you are doing it wrong...

MarcoTenshi

Sep 18, 2008
Totally agree, its like WW wanted to make a 'thing where people make stuff instead of the designers making stuff', cos thats his thing, but had to give it some gameplay...so gave it the least amount of gameplay its possible to actually give something while retaining the label 'game'.

The whole 'emergence' thing is a joke as well. If you fight...they become warlike, its not fucking rocket science. But its all hidden from us behind snazzy smoke and mirrors so we can trick ourselves into thinking the <if they fight then warlike=warlike+1> algorithm is really revolutionary.

At any one stage there are only 3 types of creature that can actually exist ffs..and 3 activities you can actually do!! And we are supposed to believe there's a magical powerhouse of sophistication generating a rich and varied continuum of cultures??? BULLSHIT.

Plus the difference between the 3 types of culture is just aesthetic anyway. You either have to buy a "bomb" or a "happiness bomb".

Frendh

Sep 18, 2008
I rarely agree with Yahtzee. The creature creator is not as simple as he says.
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/716762/+460

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
You peaked with your digs at Devil May Cry and just got less funny from there. Not only because you wasted weeks complaining at Nintendo but because you didn't bother playing Brawl you review fighting games in general and the box art. Some point after that you said "hey if I can get all those comments not playing a game why don't I just fake it every time?" And here we are watching a review of spore where you shout "NO" for 3 minutes twice and you become a hypocrite making fun of a game for its art when that was the credit of your first good review. Y, your like a child doing book reports without reading the books now. The enter class can tell you we your pants.

merf1350

Sep 1, 2008
Durring those long NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's I was waiting for graphics of Luke and Vader. :(

CMWaters

Sep 17, 2008
Reading through this thread about people's opinion on the drawn out no's...

Overreact much people?

The first d.o.n. was only 15 seconds long (yes, I timed it)

The second one was only 4, and was cut off at the end of the video.

Not THAT much time, if you ask me.

Oh, and after rewatching...I do get a chuckle out of the Bat-UFO in the end credits.

Maurog

Sep 8, 2007
This didn't feel like a review at all.

Sure, Spore has problems, but why compare it to the Sims, when it doesn't actually have much in common with it? Hey, I have an idea, let's compare it to Tetris and complain how much the puzzle aspect sucks and how Spore totally failed to recreate the glorious experience of Tetris. Guess what? It didn't try to.

Yes, it's a designer tool game. And it should bloody be reviewed as such.

Mrmandude

Aug 29, 2008
I disagree ihave both the sims and spore and spore is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fucking better for a couple of reasons you get to control a entire race it's more interesting than the sims and you didn't mention the omnivore option but i agree that charels dickens would turn in his grave propoley

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Well its to bad that the people who were looking foward to spore half to crawl under a rock and die of disapointment.

As long as Saints Row 2, Far Cry 2, and anything eles thats still lasting dosen't fail i'll still be here.

P.S.- No offense to Rockstar but if you come out with something like GTA Tokyo i'll still buy it.

P.P.S.- I fear for half life but it definately lived up to its name in the long run.