Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
LockandKey said:
Brendondm said:
Funny review, however I am one of the Star Wars fanboys. I just don't think Yahtzee likes any games, which is why I enjoy watching ZP.
He liked Portal
The Silent Hill series
He liked BioShock
He like Half-life (I think)
He likes the original Prince of Persia trilogy.
Call Of Duty 4
Dead Reckoning 2
Gears Of Wars 2 (mostly)
He even admitted that Uncharted 2 was a good game... even if he hated everything to do with its story.

He likes a fair number of games, but he tends to focus on what a game does wrong (probably because it's funnier), so even when he likes a game, there's a lot of negatives and cheap shots being taken.

StarkillerisDead

Nov 20, 2009
I actually liked the first game, but then I'm one of the SW fanboys yahtzee calls out at the start of the review.
I'm still not gonna pay $134.00 for this though, once it goes platinum, I'll consider it. If there is anything that did not need a sequel, its the Force Unleashed.

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
Ultimate Star Wars Punchline for Any Given Star Wars Joke:

"And then George Lucas wrote something."

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Woah, woah, woah. Time out. You mean to say that only the first two Star Wars films are good? What the hell!?! Return of the Jedi was fucking awesome!

/rant

Now that I've just proved Yahtzee's point, I'll conclude by saying that this review was hilarious.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
I'm always hoping that they will finally create another piece of Star Wars media that I can actually enjoy...it seems my search continues.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
Azaraxzealot said:
Antonio Torrente said:
Azaraxzealot said:
in the meantime, im going to spend my hard-earned money on good games like Just Cause 2 and Red Dead Redemption
Do you intend to finish Just Cause 2 100%? Because I do
because im a time-whore... no XD
but ill enjoy attaching people to random shit and laughing about it XD
why can't Force Unleashed 2 have that kind of fun? :D
maybe this game is made for the fanboys and the casual audiences not for serious players like us.

skim172

Nov 28, 2007
I remain a Star Wars fan, but only through strict mental effort to forget and ignore anything that happened after 1983. I am aware that something associated with Star Wars exists, but I've learned that the more I pay attention to it, the more it hurts me. Like an abusive husband who wants attention.

Grand_Marquis

Feb 9, 2009
MatsVS said:
I miss Kyle Katarn. :(
We all mourn his loss.
The team that made Dark Forces 2, Timothy Zahn, Genndy Tartakovsky, and that guy who wrote "I, Jedi" were the only good things to happen to Star Wars in the last 20 straight years.

Grand_Marquis

Feb 9, 2009
Netrigan said:
LockandKey said:
Brendondm said:
Funny review, however I am one of the Star Wars fanboys. I just don't think Yahtzee likes any games, which is why I enjoy watching ZP.
He liked Portal
The Silent Hill series
He liked BioShock
Call Of Duty 4
Dead Reckoning 2
Gears Of Wars 2 (mostly)
He even admitted that Uncharted 2 was a good game... even if he hated everything to do with its story.

He likes a fair number of games, but he tends to focus on what a game does wrong (probably because it's funnier), so even when he likes a game, there's a lot of negatives and cheap shots being taken.
And Shadow of the Colossus
And those two sandbox games that came out last summer

Someone should make a Comprehensive List of Games Yahtzee Doesn't Loathe Completely. Because I feel like there's more than just that.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
...... I was really really disappointed by this game. I'm loathe to admit that I was one of those people CONNED into payed $60 for this game that I beat IN 5 HOURS! It would have been less if they didn't keep throwing my into a boss fight with Mecha-Godzilla with the dialogue "How do I kill this thing?" "I don't think you can, just try your best kiddo!" 5 minutes (And 85% or my health) later "You need to force grip the handcuffs!"

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
Grand_Marquis said:
Netrigan said:
LockandKey said:
Brendondm said:
He liked Portal
The Silent Hill series
He liked BioShock
Call Of Duty 4
Dead Reckoning 2
Gears Of Wars 2 (mostly)

And Shadow of the Colossus
And those two sandbox games that came out last summer

Someone should make a Comprehensive List of Games Yahtzee Doesn't Loathe Completely. Because I feel like there's more than just that.
Spider-Man 2..... just to add to the list.

Turkey Braveheart

Apr 15, 2010
At 25 I'm still a Star Wars fan, even if it is a guilty pleasure. Yes, the prequels were an abomination with an awful plot, character and dialogue but to the list of good Star Wars I can add:
-The original trilogy (yes, even Return of the Jedi. It's like a great movie was made but they replaced 30% of it with fluff. It averages out to very good)
-Knights of the Old Republic
-The original 15 minute Clone Wars cartoon shorts(an awful, bastardized version of these was made into the awful CGI movie)
-The Tales of the Jedi comics from the 90's
-The Republic Commando novels by Karin Traviss. Best selling books that...were canceled by Lucas so he could decanonize them for his damn cartoon. F-ck that guy.
-Most likely The Old Republic MMORPG. Sure it hasn't come out yet but it's being made by Bioware and Lucas is keeping his damn hands off!

Turkey Braveheart

Apr 15, 2010
Brendondm said:

So no matter what he says about the game, I will still be playing it, as I will probably find it enjoyable.
He loved the hell out of Saints Row 2 and so did I.

Lee Sheng

Apr 2, 2010
Cabamacadaf said:
There are lots of great Star Wars games. The last one is five years old though.
Oh my goodness. I can't believe that Battlefront II is 5 years old! Has time gone by that quickly?!

I noticed not many mention the X-wing series and the Dark Forces series. I think you can add those to the list of good Star Wars games to the Knights of the Old Republic series.

Jun 23, 2008
This review made me sad, as I hoped they'd figure something out to make FU good (like fix the targeting system).

I was quite fond of the Jedi Knight series, from the original Dark Forces to Jedi Academy. I hope they continue the series, maybe add the physics used in the FU series (some of which appeared in DF2:JK.

U.