Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
KOTOR is arguably one of the only good things about Star Wars!? For me it's pretty much the only damn thing that is.

LockandKey

Feb 22, 2009
Most powerfully broken thing in Starwars pshh, you should read the books about Luke Skywalker...

Meh Starwars isn't all that bad the books are actually great (okay fine the last great one was the Dark Empire series which was 15 years ago, well the Vong war was kinda good in some parts).

As for the game itself, yeah it's shitty, I found the first one interesting enough to make me finish it, but I'd say that to just about any video game. This one of the other hand isn't even worth borrowing from a friend.

Logomorph

Nov 18, 2010
tfu2 reaaaaaly sucks ass...if it was more crap, the deathstar would shoot crap instead of lasers...
Are you doing super meat boy too?:D

Feb 13, 2008
Thick said:
You can't make a statement like "it's still a good franchise" and then ignore a ton of the material that makes up the franchise.
Yes I can. The alphabet is full of vowels, if you ignore all the consonants. See?
That's dangerously close to the definition of denial. Thanks for proving his point.
By agreeing with him that it sucked? and that Padme and Annakin were wooden. Yeah....No, I don't see what you're on about.

snave

Nov 10, 2009
Rougue Squadron on the N64 also deserves to be alongside KotOR on the good end of the scale.

Fairs fair, most Star Wars is crap, but theres no need to exaggerate now.

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Haha great review Yahtzee, lots of laughs. I totally agree - the Star Wars franchise beyond the first 2 movies are pretty bollocks. Sure there may be some nuggets around, but the rest of the puke pretty much puts me off even looking at anything with Star Wars in the name lol.

Brendondm

Sep 25, 2010
Funny review, however I am one of the Star Wars fanboys. I just don't think Yahtzee likes any games, which is why I enjoy watching ZP.

So no matter what he says about the game, I will still be playing it, as I will probably find it enjoyable.

LockandKey

Feb 22, 2009
Brendondm said:
Funny review, however I am one of the Star Wars fanboys. I just don't think Yahtzee likes any games, which is why I enjoy watching ZP.
He liked Portal
The Silent Hill series
He liked BioShock
He like Half-life (I think)
He likes the original Prince of Persia trilogy.

RocketDog10

Nov 18, 2010
You know Yahtzee, you probably could have used your "like God of War but" stamp for this game. Same free-falling sequence, same QTE style, same ridiculously overpowered main protagonist (give or take a few emotions), same thing were you get very powerful after murdering enough girl-scouts and stealing their cookies for power and experience. If you ask me (which you probably won't) it isn't like God of War, it is God of War.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
If you're looking for a good Star Wars game, look no further than Jedi Outcast. Jedi Acadamy had a more polished combat system but the story wasn't as good.

KOTOR was alright.

cheftoniFTW

Sep 27, 2010
I never really got into any of the Star Wars games...maybe BattleFront if I'm in a good mood. But when my friend was showing me Unleashed 1...I instantly disliked it...Repetition is not a good game! Why can't they get this through their head. Don't make me go through the same thing twice with different scenery! Also, lol at death by banged shins.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I actually loved the first one until the story did the usual EU retconning. I mean seriously, it's fine making up stuff where you have none previously (like how the rebellion started) but don't change whats already been established. I have a few problems with the first game but playing wise it was kind of fun. It did make you feel like a Jedi some, and that was the point. I'll probably actually get the second one whenever I get my ps3 fixed.

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
I think I've worked out something in these forums: Regardless what the post was, the first two-three people who post on a Zero Punctuation thread get Probation. I would ask why, but then I'm always too lazy to be "F1RST P0ST" so it doesn't bother me.

Anyhow, I do hope that this is a sign of what's to come when "Star Wars: The Old Republic" finally comes out (though I can see that becoming an "Ignore on principle" game).

Nashidar

Jun 2, 2010
LucasArts used to produce great games (Dark Force, X-Wing Series through to X-Wing Alliance) and of course its adventure games (Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, Full Throttle).

Then ...something happened. Its like all the brains and creative talent just up and left.

KOTOR was great. KOTOR wasnt because, unfortunately, it was released unfinished since it was rushed out for some unknown reason.

That can also be seen with the movies.

The first three (well ...maybe not so much Return of the Jedi) were awesome and still are. Even the ...ugh ...super special awesome editions of them.

The prequels were awful. Absolutely awful.

I am a Star Wars fan. I read the books. I play the Star Wars RPG as well with mates. However - I am always more than happy to be critical of something which is just crap.

That's the difference between being a Star Wars fan ...and fanboy (or fanboi).

I did not buy Force Unleashed. I will not be buying Force Unleashed II.

Star Wars Galaxies was crap. I am, however, looking forward to playing The Old Republic MMORPG (Bioware - the makers of KOTOR - are doing it so that's reason enough).

DodgeWatt

Sep 25, 2010
I agree with "Jack and Calumon" the audio just wasn't up to the usual standard and it forced me to be annoyed all they way through, it wasn't until i watched it a second time i could actually appreciate the jokes.

I'm going to have a guess and say that Yatzee was a bit busy this week and had to rush the audio through but still a monkey with a kazoo would have sounded better even while being stabbed from behind by a midget with a measuring tape.