Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

goodman528

Jul 30, 2008
I didn't like this review. For the first time since I started watching ZP, I disagree with him. Wii has some obvious failings, George Lucas has made too many games, etc, we all know that, how about after realising the Wii version wasn't so good, go and have a go on the PS3 version?!

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Bless you, Internet People. Getting all butt-hurt because the game didn't live up to your grand expectations, despite how great it was. Assassin's Creed anyone?

Force Unleashed was a good game. It had a few glitches, like an occasional wall you'd fall through or a bit of hill you'd slide down and get stuck on, but start to end, it's full of epic fun and battles. Nothing matches up o charging into a sea of enemies and using the Force to dispatch them in a variety of ways and pulling TIE Fighters out of the air when you get bored with them.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
My cousin keeps telling me the Wii version is fun as hell and that he beat it within a few days or so (he's got school after all). I haven't played it yet, but I wasn't all that enthusiastic about it to begin with.

And what? The apprentice's name is Starkiller? Wasn't that what Lucas was originally going to have as Luke's last name? Wow, the irony in that. I think there was a Starkiller in KoTOR, as well.

I found the review to be hilarious, because I dislike the new trilogy a lot. It didn't have the endearing characters or even the realism of the first trilogy. Yes, puppets, miniatures, and special effects are more realistic than CGI CGI and more CGI. I'm sorry but that's the cold hard truth.

And Goodman: Maybe Yahtzee didn't wanna blow his money on another copy? I mean, I know he gets paid and all to do these, but that doesn't change the fact that Aussie's get stuck with ridiculous price tags.

COR 2000

Jun 30, 2008
Volucer post=6.73484.797923 said:
COR 2000 post=6.73484.797674 said:
Idiot. That's the same thing as "Video games are responsible for fat kids and increased violence."
No actually. It's saying George Lucas is responsible for fat kids and increased violence.
That's just ridiculous.

Edit: By that, I meant you people saying "George is to blame for everything" is like blaming video-games for everything bad.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
Engwallwithpinksocks post=6.73484.797858 said:
I swear to god if he gets a chans to do a movie withot sets, actor or story and only CGI and voice moduling then he will do it.
Too late. They made Clone Wars already.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Sylocat post=6.73484.797097 said:
*sigh* I'd been waiting for Yahtzee to savage this game, but I was hoping he would spend more than a few seconds talking about the actual GAME, rather than spending two-thirds of the review bashing the Wii and a quarter of it bashing the admittedly-very-bash-worthy George Lucas.
This bit I have to agree with. After waiting for two reviews-worth of this game being out, he finally reviews it. Only problem though is that he spends a good chunk of the game griping about something he already griped about (Spack and Ziki review), another good chunk griping about something I've already griped enough with my friends about (though I'll admit I like the analogy of keeping Lucas distracted with a coloring book), and then only a small portion actually talking about the game.

Though I suppose he was a little limited on the Lucas bashing, I don't think he's allowed to put spoilers in his review, so it isn't like he could go-on about how the specifics of how the story of the game is completely terrible, so the next-best thing is to just goto town on Lucas since the story was his fault to begin with.

I will say though, in the game's defense, that I enjoyed it (edit: On the 360, despite its terrible load times). The boss fights are poorly designed, but the bulk of the game is very enjoyable. There's just something therapeutic about utterly destroying an entire room of Stormtroopers (or other cannon fodder depending on the level), and then giving some special attention to the last surviving guy in the room.

Feb 28, 2008
Thank you as ever for such a review, the prequels do need cutting loose from the rest of the films before they drag it down any further.

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
Can you tell me, please, >WHY ON EARTH< would you review something like that and not stalker: clear sky? Is it because you actually like it... or do you know what it is at all. im really getting desesperate. :(

Anyway on topic; star wars always been cheesy and boring for me just because of the hype... its too cheesy.

PS: I totaly loved the ''replace the storm trooper by spartan from halo'' short.

edit: Im really making no sense when Im tired and trying to write something in english. *sigh* Bah w/e... time to play Warhammer.

yellag

Sep 17, 2008
it seemed though that you were more having a go at the wii then the game there was about 30 seconds talking about the storyline then the rest was about it being a bad game for the Wii still loved it though as usuall ***** (5 stars)

Erikleorga

Sep 3, 2008
It's too bad you didn't go for the PS3 or Xbox 360 version yahtzee. You would have enjoyed it a little more I'm thinking. But still, gold as always.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Theres a few things you have to know about the wii for it to work. You not only have to hold it at the right hight but at the right distance aswell ie me sitting in armchair making vague rist movements. Mostly however any large exagerated move will make the machine confused. This is a console that works better if you cant be stuffed to actually swing the wii mote. That and it was a bad idea to let another moron play on even wii sports as i was soon dodging the wii mote which rebounded off the adjacent wall.

The whole wii sensor should have more development or hey maybe they should develope one that actually works for the same console. It also gets a bit weird being in the midle of those old people that think wii fit actually works better than say being outside and a bunch of todlers.

one-shot-finch

Jun 12, 2008
what happened to you man you yoused to be cool it was all about the games and you sold out
no really though that was quite good but there are a lot of other new wii games that lend themselves to funnier reviews i.e deBlob

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I'm particularly surprised that Yahtzee had picked the Wii over the 360/PS3... How odd.
Why does this surprise you? A lot of people are looking forward to the Wii version because they assumed motion-sensitive controls would make laightsaber duels awesome.

Once again, a Star Wars game fails to meet expectations. I think the last good SW game I palyed was Tie Fighter.

Relgaro

May 30, 2008
probably one of his best so far, not all of them recently have been as funny as some of his starting ones.