Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
I know it's hard to review mmopurgers but you did a fine job.

BTW, shouldn't Dennis Hopper have set Star Wars: The Old Republic to explode if it goes above slow walking pace and not below slow walking pace as you said? I say this because the later statement doesn't make any sense.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh man how did no one make a joke about "Han Solo" until Yatzee did? (Unless they already did and I didn't see/ hear it until now).
I wonder if his opinion would changed if he had a longer time to play it?

CronoT

May 15, 2010
As soon as I saw what Yahtzee was reviewing today, my first thought was, "Oh no, a whole bunch of sacred cows are about to get brutally murdered."

...and I was right. Still funny, though.

Scarim Coral said:
Oh man how did no one make a joke about "Han Solo" until Yatzee did? (Unless they already did and I didn't see/ hear it until now).
Because Han Solo's constant companion throughout the series is Chewie, who is a giant walking metaphor for 'Beaver'.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Not playing this one till I know if its true that you get banned for being in a higher level than you're supposed to, and I'm really hoping its fake.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
I like the review and the jokes in it, but sadly I havn't played the game yet -doesn't play MMORPGs-

Scarim Coral said:
That joke made me lol too hard

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Excellent, good to know the impression of... right now I'm bored wasn't just mine,

and no I don't thing red crystal man gets on with green crystal man, they used to be best of friends, but their work came between them.
(I know sad, but it's better than explaining that green/blue/purple/yellow/silver etc crystals are real and red crystals are synthetic, created by it's owner and filled with the dark side)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Regarding the several people choice, you do get the points of what you chose even if it isn't picked. And I hear they're working on both the space combat and neutral gear.
Nice as always, was not expecting you to do an MMO, for obvious reasons. The big one of course being the rage you'll get unless you do guild wars 2 later.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
RaikuFA said:
Not playing this one till I know if its true that you get banned for being in a higher level than you're supposed to.
Say what? Never heard this one. Not saying you're wrong, just asking for clarification.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Excellent, good to know the impression of... right now I'm bored wasn't just mine,

and no I don't thing red crystal man gets on with green crystal man, they used to be best of friends, but their work came between them.
(I know sad, but it's better than explaining that green/blue/purple/yellow/silver etc crystals are real and red crystals are synthetic, created by it's owner and filled with the dark side)

Garfy

Nov 6, 2009
If you are in a group conversation and the guy chosen to speak went with the other light/dark choice, you still get the points for the one you picked.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Star Wars: The Old Republic

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Watch Video
After reviewing WoW I'm surprised he bothered with SWTOR but then it is a bit more single player focuses so I guess it can be easier to check out.

Also, you still get Dark Side points even if the winning invisi-roll was Light Side, you just don't get to see the cut scene.

Real question was, did Yahtzee play the virtuous smuggler or the "I'll bang anything that moves" kind?

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I imagine Yahtzee would like the Sith Warrior campaign more seeing as you get to torture people within the first hour.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
RaikuFA said:
Not playing this one till I know if its true that you get banned for being in a higher level than you're supposed to, and I'm really hoping its fake.
I heard that people got banned for exploiting a bug that let them get into high level areas when they were low level and getting a ton of loot, is that what you mean? Bioware's being a bit banhappy from what I've heard, but it's nothing as outrageous as punishing you for being too good.

BlueJoneleth

Feb 8, 2011
RaikuFA said:
Fake, like the dancing ban.

Sayvara

Oct 11, 2007
For once Yahtzee actually isn't right-on-the-money because he got the moral choice system wrong: you do get the kind of light/dark side points you chose, even if you lose the roll. Only the story is affected by the winner.

Also the space combat isn't a pseudo-railshooter. It is a rail-shooter. Just because you can hop around in the railway carriage doesn't mean it's not om rails.

/S

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
RaikuFA said:
Not playing this one till I know if its true that you get banned for being in a higher level than you're supposed to.
Say what? Never heard this one. Not saying you're wrong, just asking for clarification.
http://i.imgur.com/j2CQY.jpg

Saw this and turned me away from this game, but I still feel its BS.