Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Towowo2 said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Ya know, after all this time, I wonder how hard it is to get a job working at Nintendo... It isn't exactly like you need to innovate or come up with anything. Hell, I think I could butcher ideas together in the writing department then pass the cocaine bucket without being greedy.
Honestly if you think Nintendo never innovated then you have some facts to look up. I'll probably be deemed a fanboy for saying this but, who popularized analog control?

Just because they've been using the same franchises for a long time doesn't mean they aren't trying.
Care to read the part where I said Writing department and not tech?

FurKlarheitIchRant

Nov 9, 2010
As a child of the ?nighty's? I was considered odd at best and mentally retarded at worst for preferring the pc to the main consoles namely for the clumsy design and inefficiency but also a point I will ?borrow? my hero ,of wit I shall start a global cult (any day now), ?Ben ?Yahtzee? Crowshaw? ,author of such great games as five days a stranger and the art of theft most notably for his fast pace, accurate and totally correct reviews for the escapist magazine, so on the 9th of November 2010 I finally found a nod of acceptance, an extract from his review on the darkness(demo) ?the problems could be solved by the keyboard and mouse? truly clarity and acceptance. The keyboard and mouse are far more a accurate unt precise, living less margin for button mashing, and if you haven't already guessed from the name,A. yes I ?lived? in Germany but I do not ?come? from Germany I come from Gloucester and B. you are mentally retarded and probably own a Wii.., and live out of choice in the southern states of America ? and enjoy the work of Justin Beber (I vote we remove all citizenship and then kill him), Well there is a year of pent up stress for you,

FurKlarheitIchRant

Nov 9, 2010
ExodusFlame said:
mario is as shit and as pointless to continue these days as sonic i mean has anyone seen the most recent mario or sonic game theyre just AWEFULL! nobody should be subjected to that kind of mental tourture its like sticking someone in a room with navi from zelda and being forced to hear the phrase "hay listen" over and over again for an hour of course those who played the zelda games allready went through that.
i vote we put the dog down I.E. everybody stops buying them and we collectively starve Nintendo.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
FurKlarheitIchRant said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Towowo2 said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Ya know, after all this time, I wonder how hard it is to get a job working at Nintendo... It isn't exactly like you need to innovate or come up with anything. Hell, I think I could butcher ideas together in the writing department then pass the cocaine bucket without being greedy.
Honestly if you think Nintendo never innovated then you have some facts to look up. I'll probably be deemed a fanboy for saying this but, who popularized analog control?

Just because they've been using the same franchises for a long time doesn't mean they aren't trying.
i have one thing to say Keyboard Unt mouse
What about them? Last I checked, I've been typing on keyboards for years now. Care to show how that is innovative?

EDIT: Or am I missing a joke because I am tired?

R315r4z0r

Mar 24, 2009
I really don't like it when games of a series change between installments. (*coughSoniccough*)New things to do is one thing, but changing the game is dumb imo.

If I liked game A, then why does it's sequel have to be different. I liked that game and I want to play that game in a new way. That's what a video game sequel is. By changing the game, you change what made the first game fun. I wouldn't buy a sequel if the first one sucked and I would buy something new if I wanted to play something new.

If someone made a 'Chess 2' then why would they go and change the rules of the game to make it something totally different only for the reason of 'keeping it fresh?' If I wanted something new, I'd play Checkers!

If you want something new, don't waste your money on a sequel, instead go and buy something new! Is it really that hard to comprehend?

Now, with that said, I've really lost interest in Mario games. Not because they are reiterations of previous titles, but just because I've pretty much lost interest in Mario games. I just don't find them fun anymore. I own Galaxy, but I only played it till like level 2 and then put it away. It has been collecting dust ever since.

BaronKRoolenstein

Nov 17, 2010
I love how you can't seem to find anything really legitimate to whine about, so you just go on and on about how Nintendo can't have homages to their past games, returning to 2-D style and gameplay (NSMBWii) = "stagnation" (WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE A GAME THAT'S LIKE THE NOSTALGIA DAYS!?! WTF WHY'D THEY GO BACKWARDS AND MAKE A GAME LIKE THE OLD ONES I WANT COMPLETELY NEW AND SHINY!! MARIO CAN RIDE YOSHI IN THIS NEW GAME BUT HE RODE YOSHI BACK IN 1991 HOW LAZY AND RIP-OFFING!! WE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO CAN NEVER BE PLEASED, HEAR US MOAN!!), and your constant bile-spewing of Nintendo in general, which makes one wonder why you bother to even do any of their games. And then you praise other games and companies for doing the exact same thing. Hypocritical bias much?

And if you had actually paid attention to the ending of the first game, it shows that Bowser's failed attempt to remake the galaxy reset the clock to before the Star Festival (and I can already hear you whining about "laziness" and "ripped off Sonic 2006" and other petty complaining).

BaronKRoolenstein

Nov 17, 2010
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Towowo2 said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:

What more story does Mario need? Evil beings come to take over the place, Mario and friends defeat them. Mario doesn't need grimdark hardcore drugs-sex-and-blood shit, if you want that there's plenty of other game series.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
BaronKRoolenstein said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Towowo2 said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:

What more story does Mario need? Evil beings come to take over the place, Mario and friends defeat them. Mario doesn't need grimdark hardcore drugs-sex-and-blood shit, if you want that there's plenty of other game series.
Perhaps I am mistaken but where did I say any of that was needed? You're projecting pretty hard there... See also the fact that I am making a point about never innovating or developing new intellectual property. I have no idea what tree you're barking at but I would appreciate it if you could keep your fan wank to yourself as it has nothing to do with what I am talking about.