Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
That was a strange episode. Seemed like a long-winded way of saying the game actually wasn't that bad ;D

Nintendo do keep milking the same franchises, but damn them for somehow keeping the same series fun all this time. Still hoping for some new characters eventually.

Neino Ranatos

Jul 12, 2010
I feel it must be said.
The cake is a lie!!!

Hilarious review as always.

Kind of expected War for Cybertron, but we can't all have what we want, now can we?

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Great, I'm going to be using sentences which involve cake as innuendos for sex. Nice review but I guess I can't really comment too much. I don't own Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 so I can't give you my opinion on it. What I can do is laugh at your humour and then go back to playing God of War 2 with broken joypad which makes it difficult for me to turn right.

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
I was personally shocked to find out this game was a reboot rather than a real sequel, to be honest that would normally bother me quite a bit, but Mario manages to save himself with gameplay, as usual. Though I gotta say their big floating Patrick Star is much less pleasing to the eyes than Rosalina was.

RaisonD'etre

Dec 25, 2009
I liked this review a lot, especially all it's life guidance to Nintendo fans. And the faceslapping sounds make me happy :D
Best review in recent memory!

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Isn't slapping oneself in the face a good way to describe anything done for the amusement of the groundlings scrambling about in the cloying soulless darkness of the Internet?

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
I think the best part about the plot in SMG2, and indeed the plot in NSMBWii (because they are the same) was that the game took almost zero time to establish the setting, characters, or motivations. You are plopped straight into the world and HOLY CARP everything goes to hell almost instantly. Nintendo at least gets brevity points for that.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
It's not really a surprise though. I mean, Nintendo have pretty much been reusing the same formula for Mario games for a long time.

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
i under stood the original Philisofical metaphor better than the simpsons thing

JPH330

Blogger Person
Jan 31, 2010
Well while this game didn't improve the franchise, presumably it was released so that Nintendo's cocaine bucket could be refilled, and in that regard, the game has succeeded.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Yay not only did I call it in the other thread, I was the first to call it, I feel special!

OT: Good review, but I personally think it's about time to switch things up a bit again, like with the limerick one.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Well, didn't Yahtzee say the exact same thing in pretty much every Mario review? I guess his videos can be as predictable as the plot lines for the games he's reviewing. And nice to see that at least he realizes it.

I will admit that this video was the creepiest of all the Zero Punctuations... I had flashbacks of tubgirl from that image near the beginning.

CrankyStorming

Mar 8, 2010
Blue-State said:
Great episode BUT....
What is it with all this dumping on the Simpsons?
That show is funny but never foward-thinking. Besides, everyone knows Family Guy is better because it's edgier, in the same way that games with piles of depth sometimes end up being more fun than Mario Bros 11(although not all the time as the case may be).

Analogies make the world go round.