Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
Proper good Job Mate, I loved the "NEAT UNDD TIDY" part.

I totally agree with him though, nintendo keeps spewing out the same crap to us for years and continues to make money off of it.

VGFreak1225

Dec 21, 2008
Well, this is more or less what I expected. The reason that everyone loved the game and gave it high scores was because it is essentially the first game but better level design, more variety, etc. I guess its a matter of what your standards are for what is and isn't enough to consider a sequel. So with all due respect Mr. Croshaw, I disagree.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
So basically Mario Galaxy 2 main problem is that it is basically Mario Galaxy 1. Ok, if you where some how given the rights to make the next major Mario title, what would you do with the concept? Nintendo's only requirement for you is that it is made and making it anything that wouldn't get an E rating since they have to hide there evil coperate ways to the masses somehow.

lfielding02

Mar 26, 2010
Jman1236 said:
Wait in portal they said the cake is a lie, than that mean.....AHHHHH!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quesa

Jul 8, 2009
Hah, amen about the Simpsons and game evolution. It's tragic to think of how many people on this site were born after the Simpsons stopped being good.

8bitdragon

Jun 23, 2010
Like you said "Another Bloody Mario." I still want to play it though, in the same way a mentally challenged boy wants to play with the light socket.

LordVyreth

Jan 22, 2010
Random Argument Man said:
Great, I predict some Simpsons flaming anytime now.

Also, welcome back "cake". We didn't missed you.
Well, Yahtzee's comment was ridiculous. Everyone knows the Seasons stopped being good midway through season 8. Possibly longer if you're one of those types who liked Homer's Enemy.

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Right because everybody plays video games for the story.

To quote Yahtzee himself:

"You want a story? Here's your story ? 'Demons over there, KILL THEY ASS.'" -- Ninja Gaiden 2 review.

In the Super Mario series, Plot is just an excuse for Miyamoto and his design crew to come up with new, challenging, and occasionally sadistic obstacle courses and races in strange-looking worlds. Galaxy 2 is probably the clearest example of that, seeing as they deliberately cut back on the story after Galaxy 1.

Mar 30, 2010
The review was funny as hell, but the 'cake' references have made me think about the W.I in new and utterly disturbing ways. Perhaps the W.I was started as more of a first world war era swingers club or something....

I should explain to non-Brits, the W.I is a British organisation that's been around for donkey's years. W.I stands for Women's Institute, a group of elderly middle class women who spend their time baking 'cakes', holding 'cake' fairs, swapping 'cake' recipes, and other things that all involve 'cake'.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Nice Starman reference in the end. But to be honest, complaints about the plot? Really? Okay, if a game has a plot I guess said plot ought to be good, but still...

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
You know what? I need to give Mario another chance. All I've played are his old games that people hail as the "best games ever".

Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario 64...Both of which have aged VERY poorly.

Guess I'll start with this. Or Sunshine. Or Galaxy 1.
Wish it was actually a bacon review though, that would have been good :D

Athinira

Jan 25, 2010
Sadly we all know THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Yahtzee is going to kill me now for killing Portal :(

philly1000

Feb 25, 2009
Princess Peach kidnapped again that's it i mot bothering any more jack bower can sort it out

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
I actually stood up to get a glass of fine red whine and a bar of dark Lindt chocolate while he was slapping himself.

Then I rewinded to enjoy my whine over the sound of yathzee slapping himself. And yes, this sound made it all the more enjoyable.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Superb! The slapping...text-based adventure games (GOD that takes me back!) and meeting a member of the opposite sex for some...cake... :D

BBMv12

Jun 2, 2010
Great vid, although Mario is one of those games I don't actually play I still enjoyed the vid. Although, TBH, I was expecting ZP: Split/Second. Ah well... Also, strangely enough Iwas eating cake whilst watching it. Weird.

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
So the video was about 5 minutes of a rant we've all heard Yahtzee say about Mario, and then he just says the games fun and the music plays.

I'm not sure how people can think this was brilliant.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
For some reason, I did actually pause, watch his review of SMG1 cause it's been sometime since I did and couldn't remember it well, than resume with the real review. How about that.