Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy

Alstan

Dec 5, 2007
njsykora said:
And I'd rather be a butthurt Nintendrone than a Halo player.
I'm soooooo happy for you. Fortunately for me I don't give a shit about that "console war" and I really don't care if you think that those who play Mario deserve go to heaven or they are better persons and those who play Halo deserve to be rape by giant grasshopers with Goebbels face (in hell obviously).

Anyway, in my case I guess I can be described as a Butthurt Nintendrone, Xbox-owner-who-fells-into-a-narcoleptic-coma-if-I-don't-kill-anything-in-45-seconds, and a Games-are-art-hippie (yes, Psyconauts is art). I prefer that sort of schizo bahaviour rather than clasify people in top of the others just for the games they play

Alstan

Dec 5, 2007
njsykora said:
I'm soooooo happy for you. Fortunately for me I don't give a shit about that "console war" and I really don't care if you think that those who play Mario deserve go to heaven or they are better persons and those who play Halo deserve to be rape by giant grasshopers with Goebbels face (in hell obviously).

Anyway, in my case I guess I can be described as a Butthurt Nintendrone, Xbox-owner-who-fells-into-a-narcoleptic-coma-if-I-don't-kill-anything-in-45-seconds, and a Games-are-art-hippie (yes, Psyconauts is art). I prefer that sort of schizo bahaviour rather than clasify people in top of the others just for the games they play

Chis

Nov 28, 2007
To those that have mentioned it: stop bitching about Yahtzee's speech speed. Honestly, it doesn't matter, and such a complaint smacks of armchair shit-talking in a vain attempt to sound elitist and cool. It's HIS reviews, he can do them in whichever way he chooses. Personally I appreciate a slower, more deliberate delivery. I'm watching the Guitar Hero 3 review now and I wouldn't say that his speech seems any faster or slower there, and you all seem to love that review (??).

Lord T Hawkeye

Oct 24, 2007
Funny this time and all around pretty true though I don't find shaking the controller tiresome though it can sometimes be unresponsive.

Camera? I've seen way worse but no camera is ever going to be perfect for the simple fact that the game can't read your mind to know exactly what you want.

Repetative plot? Ah, big deal! Once upon a time, action games had NO plot whatsoever because the people who play them don't give a damn about plot so little is lost here.

One thing though...
The guy is paid to give a negative review of a game.
This is the kind of thing that doesn't sit well with me. Anti-conformatism is just conformatism with a cheap coat of paint thrown over it.

blackfly01

Dec 5, 2007
Chis said:
To those that have mentioned it: stop bitching about Yahtzee's speech speed. Honestly, it doesn't matter, and such a complaint smacks of armchair shit-talking in a vain attempt to sound elitist and cool. It's HIS reviews, he can do them in whichever way he chooses.
I'm with you on that. For me Yahtzee's got a great voice and hearing him riff/comment on games in his reviews is great regardless of speed.

And just to add even though I'm all ready late on it: Good job Yahtzee on another funny and informative review! That final shot at the end of the credits is the funniest thing I've seen this week.

brenikai22

Dec 30, 2007
Alstan said:
njsykora said:

i find that VERY insulting. the original halo is a great game and those who dont think so r dog cock-sucking fag-loving bastards (just like yahtzee)

u2rocksbaby

Nov 13, 2007
Yes, story = rehash
However, graphics = good,
and gameplay = astronomical

Personally, I think Nintendo was smart to scrap any new storyline. It would just be a waste of effort.

I also didn't find much of a camera problem or wrist problems.

u2rocksbaby

Nov 13, 2007
It makes sense that you couldn't find anything wrong with a game as short as Portal, actually. A shorter game has lower expectations.

Alstan

Dec 5, 2007
blackfly01 said:
Chis said:
To those that have mentioned it: stop bitching about Yahtzee's speech speed. Honestly, it doesn't matter, and such a complaint smacks of armchair shit-talking in a vain attempt to sound elitist and cool. It's HIS reviews, he can do them in whichever way he chooses.
I'm with you on that. For me Yahtzee's got a great voice and hearing him riff/comment on games in his reviews is great regardless of speed.

And just to add even though I'm all ready late on it: Good job Yahtzee on another funny and informative review! That final shot at the end of the credits is the funniest thing I've seen this week.
I agree. I'm a bloody spaniard and it's not easy to cach all the jokes at first time (or second, or third,...), but anyway, I'm not going to tell him how to do his job.

btw sorry for the triple message. Is there any chance to delete them?(at least 2 of them XD)

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
brenikai22 said:
Alstan said:
njsykora said:

i find that VERY insulting. the original halo is a great game and those who dont think so r dog cock-sucking fag-loving bastards (just like yahtzee)
I reckon you need to loosen up, stop being blinded by your fanboiness and take a look at the game.

Halo is not a great game, it is a fun game.

It's like super smash bros, Fun game? Definitely. Great game? No.

Halo was an better than average shooter, but certainly not incredible.

Alstan

Dec 5, 2007
Arcticflame said:
Halo is not a great game, it is a fun game.

It's like super smash bros, Fun game? Definitely. Great game? No.

Halo was an better than average shooter, but certainly not incredible.
Actually I really think the first Halo was a great game at least deserves a "9" in my own ranking and I don't give a 9 for free. Great graphics, a wonderful soundtrack and good story. Besides the constant get-in-pick/push-something-and-go-back maps I've played hundred times with all my friends and I didn't get bored.

But let's stop talking Halo here, there's a Halo 3 review for that XD