Zero Punctuation: The E3 Trailer Park

Plasmar

Jul 23, 2008
Am I the only one who noticed that everything in this video was covered in the latest Australia Gamer podcast in which Yahtzee took part?

I suppose he had to adapt the points of that podcast for the ZP 'tards who flock to him like flies upon a refuse pile.

To Yahtzee, cynicism is great, but advocate it much further and it may become a religion with you ordained as its spiritual leader.

Razzle Bathbone

Sep 12, 2007
Watchmen will be mildly enjoyed by those who didn't read the book and know nothing about comics.

Watchmen will be HATED by those who did read it and love comics. Because it will SUCK compared to the book.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
YYZed said:
Groovy Pants almost made me shit my pants in laughter.

Didn't even mention the Portal: Still Alive.
He's not very optimistic about P:SA. Listen to the latest podcast on www.fullyramblomatic.com, not Zero Punctuation but pretty fun stuff in it's own right.

Whintersby

Jul 30, 2008
Videos not loading :(

Can you not make these downloadable or available in other formats for circumstances such as these?

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
That was so funny, I almost fell off my chair. Spot on about most of it to

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
Exactly my thoughts on pre-rendered trailers of games. They are crap!!! Just release a CGI movie if you want it to look pretty otherwise show me what the game looks like

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
The Poet said:
He says in the ending text he looks forward to it.
No, he implied there was some hope.
also, isn't Fable 2 also coming out in October? It's hard not to be excited about that!
People say that considering the creator's track record the game is overhyped. Hopefully it's not.

Drbog

Jun 11, 2008
Ugghh..Gears of war the game I'm least looking forward to seeing my friendslist repeat when it comes out "team deathmatch on masion" or whatever I want fallout 3!

EDIT:you do know if you have the pc version of portal portal:still alive is free as its just a collab of modded content?

darthnixon16

Jun 19, 2008
Wake up!

good video.

A mate asked me a few days ago what thought of e3 this year. He sent me some videos, they looked rubbish looks like yahtzee agrees

pilf

Apr 23, 2008
Yahtzee how could you have said that? We all know Sonic unleashed is going to be a load of poo wrap inthe remains of what the franchise has left to offer, which is hardly anything. As for the ability for Sonic to tun into a wolf, well didn't Zelda try and cover this and somehow make the game even worse?

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
LMAO poor Steve Buchemi.

That was pretty funny. I like to go into the game with low expectations just so I have the opportunity to be surprised. Although sometimes when I do this I wind up feeling like my low expectations were too high, ah la Alone in the Dark remake.

Also, Yahtzee I would love it if in your next video you could address one very important issue. Last I remember Fallout 3 was denied rating in Australia due to drug use. Surely you of all people would want to play it. Are you going to suck it up and deal with it or try to get an import from America or Europe? Or did it eventually receive a rating?

Triple 8

Oct 22, 2007
I almost always enjoy ZP but this is the first one where I honestly laughed so hard it hurt.

During the MGS review I started to worry that everybody's favorite limey was losing his touch. MGS's story is convoluted? Welcome to 2001, Yahtzee.

but then the webcomic episode came along to show that he's still got it. That along with this episode shows that Yahtzee should do more than the standard game reviews. The Escapist should definitely give Yahtzee more creative freedom.

I'd personally love to see Yahtzee's take on a "Top 10 most overrated video games" or a "Most annoying JRPG stereotypes".

CockroachTeaParty

Nov 25, 2007
Sure, The Watchmen movie isn't exactly original, since it's based on a graphic novel older than I am, but it is a story forged in a time when originality wasn't quite dead. I too am hopeful after seeing the teaser, and it certainly helps that the Smashing Pumpkins song fits disturbingly well.

But isn't it curious that that song was originally made for Batman & Robin, perhaps the worst superhero comic book movie of all time? Is The Watchmen movie poking fun at the genre itself? If so, that's a good sign, since that's what the graphic novel did to comic books in the first place. Intrigue? Or perhaps I'm simply looking too far into this.

Spot on review of E3, as always Yahtzee old boy. Nobody probably actually cares about this, but a friend of mine and I have started playing Yahtzee to pass the time, and we've become hopelessly addicted gnarled dice crones in the span of only a few days. Fancy that!