Zero Punctuation: The Second Annual E3 Hype Massacre

Phanto

Apr 15, 2009
Team ICO comment + Sonic comment = laughing out so fucking loud i think my neighbors heard me.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Anyone else get the feeling he's just in a bad mood? I mean while quite a few of the E3 shown games do look bad not ALL of them do. I'm looking forward to Assasins Creed 2 and The Last Guardian.

But the thing about Natal I completely agree with.

anondudekyle

May 20, 2009
I notice he left out Borderlands...could Yahtzee be *Gasp*....Hopeful?

Or he forgot, that ones more probable

funny/insightful stuff as always

Rag Doll

Aug 16, 2008
SO! It was hyperspeed hype crushing this week, eh?
I really do agree with you in final fantasy and last guardian fronts, but Assassins Creed II and Silent hill aren't something you should be pessimistic about.
Also, WTF was that s*it all about?

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Funny... as I was nuking my lunch I was thinking about what game Yahtzee could be reviewing and thought, "I wonder if he's going to do another one of those E3 run throughs."

I also didn't find much to be excited about from E3, or at least nothing that I wasn't already looking forward to beforehand. Quite amusing as always.

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
I swear, he really feels the need to come up with more off the wall jokes (i.e. the throat gargling) to keep it fresh, doesn't he?

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Rag Doll said:
SO! It was hyperspeed hype crushing this week, eh?
I really do agree with you in final fantasy and last guardian fronts, but Assassins Creed II and Silent hill aren't something you should be pessimistic about.
Also, WTF was that s*it all about?
He said that Silent Hill was intriguing to him, but keeping with his theme, he didn't want to get his hopes up so that he couldn't be disappointed in it if it ended up sucking.

smokeybearsb

Feb 2, 2009
benjtfell said:
People = Shit

That pretty much sums up the people that go to E3
That is such a good song, imo.

Anyway, you seemed a bit happier than normal. The mockery of the theme at the end with the throat noises was pretty amusing.

_Russell_

Jan 5, 2009
"Why does Sonic need a car?
Or for that matter why does he need to exist?"

I loved that part. :)

Darkblazer

Dong Mauler
Jun 16, 2009
Yet another year of sequels, terrible ideas and franchise milking

Who needs originality anyway?

Thoroughly enjoyed this review though, did have me laughing to myself quite a lot

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
That gargling noise was gaaaaah; it made my throat hurt just thinking about trying it.

And the new Silent Hill game actually, from what I saw of it before, looks to be really cool. I can't wait for when it comes out, just for Yahtzee's review.

Tempest Fox

Oct 18, 2008
Safe to say that E3's Yahtzee's field day in the gaming industry. Well, I'd say it would be. Is it wrong for me to look forward to E3 for the sole purpose of watching Yahtzee rip the industry a new one?