Zero Punctuation: Thief: The Dark Project

Hallow'sEve

Sep 4, 2008
I still think Splinter Cell (Chaos Theory) did stealth better. But then again, in one you're a secret agent trying to save the world. The other....well, you're a thief.

whindmarch

Jul 9, 2006
For kicks, since it's sort of topical again, here's my Escapist article looking at the writing of THIEF and SPLINTER CELL: CHAOS THEORY from back when:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_37/226-Magic-Words

THIEF was a profound game.

Zivlok

Dec 12, 2008
I loved the expectation/disappointment you pulled on us with "Yahtzee! You... completely ordinary person." Brilliance.

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
You just made me realize that pc-gaming hardly matter anymore and in spirit of that I feel a personal need to remind you of a not-so little gem called RESISTANCE 2!!

Review it already!

It's becoming a bit embarassing because like thief (and the sequel), it's an awesome fucking game! :D

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
Evilbunny said:
Oh man, I didn't see this coming! I love thief, it's one of my favorite games to this date.
That. Haven't played the earlier ones but managed to find Deadly Shadows and loved it. Hope the rumors about another come true.

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
I'm not trying to start anything, but i think its funny how in his Halo 3 review he said he never played the first two, but he constantly pokes fun at the first one.

Samexf

Jan 23, 2009
I picked up both Theif 1 + 2 up on a whim for a mindbogglingly low £1. Not each. For both. Best £1 I ever spent on a game. In fact, I'm gonna have to install them on my new laptop now.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Thief was awesome. Now I want to see more older games reviewed. I say 'older' because I'm not of this current fucked up generation that calls anything made before 2000 'old' and 'shitty.'

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
Sylocat said:
01:53: I wish they'd make a game where characters swear in Chinese (hint, hint).
I see you like Firefly as well. Not sure that you could make a game out of it though.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
Great review. I knew that he liked the thief series as hes quoted it before and now I have the urge to find out what these games are like.
Can't wait till next weeks.

Ronwue

Oct 22, 2008
I applaud Yahzee for this review. I never expected I'd hear him rant about it and it warms my heart to hear that he actually enjoyed it :D

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I think I played Thief when I was a kid, but I didn't have the patience for it. Hell, I don't even think I understood stealthing.

Still, I should look it up. Great review yahtzee.

GoblinOnFire

Jul 28, 2008
oJon said:
I have this game, but unfortuntly it always freezes when i come to the first guard. I blame vista.
You should!

It's nice to see that old Ben is still able to reinvent himself, and not just recycling his old rants *cough* Far Cry review *cough*

I love the Thief games franchise so much I could marry it...(I proposed to it, but is still waiting for an answer)

EDIT: Dang spelling is broken again..

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
mastertang said:
I'm going to have to check out thief but one question. When was Hitman a "stealth" game?
I would consider Blood Money a stealth game. You have to hide, steal stuff, kill people, change your outfit etc.

How is it not a stealth game?

VinLAURiA

Dec 25, 2008
Was waiting for this one. Got Thief I recently, so Thief II is better then?

I'll have to check it out.

"THEY DON'T MAKE BEARS LIKE THEY USED TO."