Zero Punctuation: Thief: The Dark Project

Slackenerny

Oct 26, 2008
Jaythulhu said:
I think they may help the current crop of ritalin-popping twitchkiddies to appreciate some good games, and understand why people over 25 consider gaming these days to be a murky torrent of poo, vomit and unidentifiable things that may be carrots.
These words made me smile.

KapnKerfuffle

May 17, 2008
Some of the most memorable moments of gaming ever in Thief. I may have to buy Thief again to stir up the hype for it so Thief 4 will get it's ass out there.

crimped

Feb 3, 2008
game sucks, review sucks. Man yahtzee, where do you get the idea to review these shitty games?! heres an idea, pick a fucking game site and see what is out and POP-U-LAR!!!!
Ps - you dumbass.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
Roto13 said:
Good god, that was easily the worst ZP yet. Usually I don't just sit through the video waiting for it to be over, but this wasn't funny at all.
How quaint! Out of curiosity, what turned you off?
It was very funny for me (a person who played all 3 thief games), so I'm obviously biased.

----
----

T3 wasn't a bad game by any standard, although level exploration wasn't as good and there were a couple of features this game could do well without, the sneaking and the great humor were still there!
Even if that game disappointed the fans of the first two, I highly recommend you make this trip just to see The Shalebridge Cradle, if nothing else. No horror game can compare it's experience to The Cradle.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Syphonz said:
For the first time in a long while I find my self wondering: "What was just said?" Is it just me, or did Yahtzee's speech pick up the tempo a little bit more than normal in this one?
I noticed that too, but I think he just had a new microphone or something. 99% of the time I hear Yahtzee the first time, and rewind a bit to hear the last 1%, but this review was incredibly shit... so I didn't bother.

NXMT

Jan 29, 2009
crimped said:
game sucks, review sucks. Man yahtzee, where do you get the idea to review these shitty games?! heres an idea, pick a fucking game site and see what is out and POP-U-LAR!!!!
Ps - you dumbass.
I was about to explode all over you then I searched through your posting history and turns out you say the same damn thing for all his reviews. My conclusion is that you're a tard.

OuroborosChoked said:
Excellent video. One minor quibble: don't blame Looking Glass for the forced stealth sections in games. THEY weren't responsible for that shit. Look no further than Hideo Kojima for that.
Quite right. If anything, Looking Glass failed to receive their just recognition. Maybe they wouldn't have tanked =\

Thief II is my favorite game of all time and will remain so until the end of days. RIP Looking Glass Studios.

Giovanto

Jun 3, 2008
A very unexpected but welcomed review this was. He's always mentioned Thief in other reviews and I was hoping he would eventually do this. Great review, especially with the many 90s references.

NXMT

Jan 29, 2009
Kwil said:
Me? I haven't even made it through bonehoard yet.. bloody zombies give me the willies.
I used to be scared shitless when going up against them... until you discover how to effectively "disable" them.

Burricks can be knocked out with a blackjack

Zombies can be damaged by: holy water arrows, flash bombs, fire arrows. These weapons all have splash damage so round up a bunch of zombies and take them all out with minimal resources. You can knock out zombies by bashing them with the sword until they fall. They will get up if you get too close though.

Hammer Haunts can be killed with a one strong backstab

Apparitions can be permanently removed by bashing them with a sword until they disappear.

NJ

Feb 12, 2009
Man, I should've played this game at some point. Looks like I missed out... Thief 2's on Steam, right?

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Thief was brilliant, and I'll shank anyone who says otherwise!

Yahtzee, I salute you and your excellent taste in gaming. I enjoyed this retrospective quite a bit and can't help but wish you'd do more of them.