- Oct 19, 2011
1) Yeah it's mostly the effective range that's an issue, though it is annoying to be killed by it for obvious reasons.Vigormortis said:They've actually nerfed the Smart Pistol here and there since release.The White Hunter said:The CAR is quite obnoxious indeed, functional at ludicrous ranges, outdoes the sniper and marksman rifles handily. My main gripe with the smart pistol is when you can be murdered with it from a good 50 metres away by an abnoxious twat who jumps around in a small space screwing your sniper shots. My lesson learned was not to try snipe in titanfall.
Frankly, I'm not sure why, beyond the bitching of the player base. It was barely above "shit tier" to begin with, save for it's effective range. Now the lock on times are ridiculous and hip-fire damage is negligible at best. Hell, in the time it'd take me to lock onto two non-cloaked players at once (and hoping they don't move or turn to see me) I could down both of them, three times over, with a few quick shots of a shotgun.
And while I agree that sniping is mostly useless in Titanfall, once one unlocks the second sniper rifle, and plays on certain maps, sniping can become somewhat useful.
Though, I think we can both agree that the starting SMG and the Hemlok are utterly useless. In every regard.
I feel that the shotgun could actually use a slight effective range nerf. Especially when the leadwall is equipped. Otherwise, I agree.The shotgun is iffy, I've used it quite a lot, and whilst it's utterly devastating up close, that's kinda the point of it, and it's firerate isn't great and it's range drops off quickly. It's more about timing your shots than anything else, it's very satisfying to use and definately has the prime advantage once you're in corridors and tight rooms, but if you're caught in an open area you're pretty fucked.
Pistols are all but useless I've found.
However, while the auto-pistol is worthless, the other two are pretty fantastic. They're surprisingly accurate and do almost equivalent damage as the smgs. The Wingman is a staple of most of my loadouts. Especially my sniper loadout.
Quite. I also feel like the Stryders could do with a bit less armor. They seem almost as tanky as the Atlas.Oha nd electric smoke could do with a nerf vs titans imo, I seem to die faster to it in a titan than I do on foot. ¬_¬
Don't get me wrong. I love piloting a Stryder. It's just...it doesn't feel quite as challenging as piloting an Atlas or an Ogre.
Indeed it is.The matchmaking is also iffy, as others have said, it tends to be a landslide victory or an absolute curbstomp in my experience thus far.
Hopefully, the inclusion of private lobbies and the new matchmaking system currently in beta help to alleviate these issues.
2) Both of those are largely pointless when the starting rifle outdoes them both in every aspect.
3) I would say the range on leadwall is bullshit, it's a bit too far, but without leadwall you need a headshot pretty fast, most of the time I die to the omnipresent assault rifle though, so it's rarely an issue. If it's any consolation I just run the drum magazine with the parkour kit, very useful for getting about and defending objectives with wallhang.
4) Auto-pistol is the most useless thing in the game, the Hammond is alright for a finisher if you run dry on your primary, the wingman plays a similar role but it has a pretty awesome range on it, if only it felt a bit more satisfying to use. It's just me but revolvers should sound big.
5) Stryders definately need a bit less armour, it's frustrating to die up close to them in an Ogre because of their dash abuse and higher-than-expected armour, when realistically once cornered the Ogre should crush them. They seem to take that one too many hits. I mostly use the Ogre as it fits my playstyle in titans better, I tend to be precise, flank, or in last titan standing I have been known to go for nuke kills when the opportunity to take a few enemy's down presents itself.
6) Yup, matchmaking seems to be being sorted out, I have had a few miserable matches against people who just destoryed us, and that's not really me sucking, I'm not amazing at the game but I'm pretty good and know my way around the maps pretty well. It also seems to always chuck in a couple of guys who will do nothing but die in attrition even when you do well, so yeah, hopefully it gets sorted.