Zero Punctuation: Too Human

Aug 21, 2008
yourkie1921 post=6.71155.724699 said:
And yet he cried about how hard it was. That's my point. The review makes him sound like he's terrible at games. It's not the greatest game ever by any means. I was just pointing out at how clueless he was when playing it.
No, he ranted about how the death system sucks. And just because the combat CAN be broken and made easy if you know how doesn't make the game hard if you don't. and, you're still a fanboy. And, "yahtzee's bad at games" not a valid arguement. And saying someone "cried" as a synonym for whining or saying someone's whining when they're not should be punishable by death.
To say that Yahtzee is bad at games is a very valid argument against this review. If you'r gonna spend most of the review complaining about the difficulty means that you should atleast be decent at the game.

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
If theres one thing in yahtzee's review that anyone who has played the game cannot disagree with, its the death sequences. Dear Lord, they never end!!

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
tony2077 post=6.71155.724530 said:
EonEire post=6.71155.723857 said:
Gohlar post=6.71155.722307 said:
lol look at the angry sheep.

I'm not even a Too Human fanboy, it's just funny when someone writes a review and doesn't even have a clue about how to play it. He said that theres a pause after every hit. That means he didn't even know to hold the stick down. Honestly, how stupid can you get?

Bandwagons are all the rage. Enjoy the ride.

EonEire post=6.71155.720844 said:
Gohlar post=6.71155.719670 said:
Muphin_Mann post=6.71155.719554 said:
It sucks that that game sucked. I wanted a good sci-fi based on norse mythology to bad. Good review tho.
It's not a review, it's a joke. Try the game.

I remember this site having a video about how games are getting too easy. Kind of funny that he cries at the slightest bit of difficulty. From his comments it's pretty clear he didn't even understand very basic control aspects. While entertaining, it's a pitiful review.

There's a reason many people in the industry are speaking out and defending this game. It's fun.
This game is by far the WORST thing I have played in a long time. And there is no point in throwing "not getting the combat" rubbish at me because I finished it out of sheer determination. There is nothing Innovative or new about that combat system infact I can tell you how easy it is to break it.

Right-Stick Forward X2--> (A) ---> Hold Right-Stick towards enemy---> Land and press Right-Button.

And this will kill any group of enemies (bar the ranged Dark Elf enemy)So what innovative about it? You sound like Denis Dyack you are saying that he didn't get the basic controls but failed to say how. There is nothing to get, that's why.
And yet he cried about how hard it was. That's my point. The review makes him sound like he's terrible at games. It's not the greatest game ever by any means. I was just pointing out at how clueless he was when playing it.

And btw, it was the WORST thing ever and you still finished it? Interesting.
Yes I still finished it because I paid ?69 for it and was dammed if I didn't make it work for that money. Although for a better compairison:

Its like when somebody tells you milk is sour and you smell it anyway. You know its going to be bad but you do it all the same.

And I'm far from a fanboi it seems if anybody is a fanboi its you for defending a completely flawed game by quoting the developer and saying that he didn't get the combat. Where are I played it I thought it was a phenomenaly bad game as did anybody else who played it at my place, so its not so much a bandwagon as the truth that fanbois don't like and just call everybody sheep as their last line of defence.]

Now I think there is still a dry patch on Denis Dyack's balls for you.
took that a little to far there and i liked too human the combat took some getting used to but its not that bad and the camera wasn't a problem and call me a fanboy and I'll make your life a living hell
Yes I'm petrified of somebody from the internet....

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
Engwallwithpinksocks post=6.71155.725462 said:
No, he ranted about how the death system sucks. And just because the combat CAN be broken and made easy if you know how doesn't make the game hard if you don't. and, you're still a fanboy. And, "yahtzee's bad at games" not a valid arguement. And saying someone "cried" as a synonym for whining or saying someone's whining when they're not should be punishable by death.
To say that Yahtzee is bad at games is a very valid argument against this review. If you'r gonna spend most of the review complaining about the difficulty means that you should atleast be decent at the game.
Yahtzee isn't bad at games though. He finished half life2, HL eppie 1, and HLeppie 2. I had an easier time playing ninja gaiden with my eyes closed......and a clamp around my nuts.....while down-beat folk music was playing (I hate down-beat folk music).........and there was piss all over my controller. Also, while I don't know what the scale is for skill in too human I found devil may cry4 to be a cakewalk, god of war2 to be pretty average in difficulty (when on god mode, titan mode is semi-impossible to me), and am in general good with that type of game but sometimes died 10 times in a too human battle.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
yourkie1921 post=6.71155.725934 said:
Engwallwithpinksocks post=6.71155.725462 said:
Yahtzee isn't bad at games though. He finished half life2, HL eppie 1, and HLeppie 2. I had an easier time playing ninja gaiden with my eyes closed......and a clamp around my nuts.....while down-beat folk music was playing (I hate down-beat folk music).........and there was piss all over my controller. Also, while I don't know what the scale is for skill in too human I found devil may cry4 to be a cakewalk, god of war2 to be pretty average in difficulty (when on god mode, titan mode is semi-impossible to me), and am in general good with that type of game but sometimes died 10 times in a too human battle.
i have to agree with the people that say he sucks at too human i died once in a blue moon it was too easy the only time i died was because i was fighting a boss and couldn't find health orbs and i think he hates anything that is an rpg. i love rpgs good story's mostly non-linear not counting too human, more enemy types too human made up for that with items

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
Did you break the combat system? And the only type of game you can say I suck at is puzzle and that game was difficult for me.

DoomBlackDragon

Sep 13, 2008
great review. I was laugh so hard. I will say you do hit problems with the game dead on. It still funny as hell how you put the review in a comicial spin. I not sure why you would make a bad review so damn funny but hell it make me coming back.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
EonEire post=6.71155.725741 said:

I'm not even a Too Human fanboy, it's just funny when someone writes a review and doesn't even have a clue about how to play it. He said that theres a pause after every hit. That means he didn't even know to hold the stick down. Honestly, how stupid can you get?

It sucks that that game sucked. I wanted a good sci-fi based on norse mythology to bad. Good review tho.

I remember this site having a video about how games are getting too easy. Kind of funny that he cries at the slightest bit of difficulty. From his comments it's pretty clear he didn't even understand very basic control aspects. While entertaining, it's a pitiful review.

There's a reason many people in the industry are speaking out and defending this game. It's fun.
This game is by far the WORST thing I have played in a long time. And there is no point in throwing "not getting the combat" rubbish at me because I finished it out of sheer determination. There is nothing Innovative or new about that combat system infact I can tell you how easy it is to break it.

Right-Stick Forward X2--> (A) ---> Hold Right-Stick towards enemy---> Land and press Right-Button.

And this will kill any group of enemies (bar the ranged Dark Elf enemy)So what innovative about it? You sound like Denis Dyack you are saying that he didn't get the basic controls but failed to say how. There is nothing to get, that's why.

Yes I still finished it because I paid ?69 for it and was dammed if I didn't make it work for that money. Although for a better compairison:

Its like when somebody tells you milk is sour and you smell it anyway. You know its going to be bad but you do it all the same.

And I'm far from a fanboi it seems if anybody is a fanboi its you for defending a completely flawed game by quoting the developer and saying that he didn't get the combat. Where are I played it I thought it was a phenomenaly bad game as did anybody else who played it at my place, so its not so much a bandwagon as the truth that fanbois don't like and just call everybody sheep as their last line of defence.]

took that a little to far there and i liked too human the combat took some getting used to but its not that bad and the camera wasn't a problem and call me a fanboy and I'll make your life a living hell
i may not be able to do anything now but when we're both dead you'll see what i mean it may not be alive but still hell i'll make sure you end up there with me

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
tony2077 post=6.71155.726810 said:

i may not be able to do anything now but when we're both dead you'll see what i mean it may not be alive but still hell i'll make sure you end up there with me
Foiled again because I don't believe in the afterlife, I trust science and all our evolved glory.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
EonEire post=6.71155.726872 said:
tony2077 post=6.71155.726810 said:

Foiled again because I don't believe in the afterlife, I trust science and all our evolved glory.
i don't believe in heaven but hell i do because that's where i'm going no ands ifs or buts and anyone who bugs me will end up there one way or another and besides what do we really know about the afterlife

blueindian3

Sep 14, 2008
the video was funny as hell , i just wonder why i like it ,i didnot at first but i liked getting stuff and thats the only game out like that right now on 360, but there again the video was awesome

John_Real

Sep 14, 2008
Great review as always though i appreciated the no death penaltys because of the sheer amount of times you die in this game. Also is it just me or are their more and more yatzee rip offs now adays hell people are even trying to copy fullyramblomatic like this http://mcsnaps.webs.com/ he even claimed to be the American Yathzee.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
I registered specifically to say that Yahtzee, your reviews rule. I especially liked this one: I remember the developers desperately trying to hype it and to hear you give it the trashing it deserves makes my inner-misanthrope smile.

Lycanfan

Sep 15, 2008
While I have heard some negative things about Too Human, I'm going to reserve my final judgment until I've actually played the game.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
While i loathe to step into these wonderful little sub-climates of the escapist that are the comment-pits...

I thought this one was enough to warrant a visit so i could give this review a hearty thumbs-up. Whether Yahtzee ever reads it or not, it's important for people to be acknowledged for what they do... so here it is.

Now im out of here again, i don't know whether to laugh or cry at the majority of these posts...

The death threat was a new one though, a fresh breeze in the slumping valleys of the same rehashed posts over and over.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
im sorry the hammer is made of WHAT XD
ah, i havent laughed like that in a while, thanks yahtzee, i look forward to the next one ^-^

The Patman post=6.71155.732444 said:
Thank God yahtzee finally found a bad game to review,

I was afraid he was going soft.
maybe the summer holidays calmed him down a bit? but then this game jumped out XD

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Yahtzee might be bad at games, but I don't see how that is relevent. Even people that are bad at games should still be able to enjoy them. He also plays a lot of games, and if the problem with the sword-swinging mechanic was that counter intuitive then it's a valid mark against the game.