Zero Punctuation: Transformers: War for Cybertron

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
I don't like it when a game messes up Robots and Aliens, I like them. This one has Alien Robots and apparently it's not that good?

D :

Tyro Seri

Jul 20, 2009
am i the only that think is review was totally pointless?
how long has the game been out? like........3 months?!
anyone who was gunna play this game WOULD'VE BY NOW!!!

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
this sketch was hilarious. i have the game, i am a transformers fanboy, so are my two brothers, who paid for the game, and are either playing it or watching G1 on the big Mac screen over youtube. there's a LOT of stuff yahtzee pointed out that i agree with, the visuals were a bit of a mess, unless you're flying, you're blending in with your surroundings. however, you can see fairly decent in multiplayer, just not so much in campaign.

although, i think he's wrong about the vehicle mode (to an extent) i like to use my vehicle mode as a way of getting to the camping spot really fast, getting out of a hot spot in a hurry, rushing to save a team mate, speeding to control command point, anything that includes getting from point A to point get the f**k out of dodge or you gonna die. also, as a decpeticon (and now with the autobots DLC solider class) heavy weapons are a luxury to have, tank cannons are great in close quarters, and as a jet you have unlimited ammo. last thing about vehicle; by little brother does this brilliant strategy where he picks one the the chassies/models for the scientist class that most resembles a similar chassie/model on the the other team, he then uses his disguise ability to give the appearence that his IS on the other team. and becuase his chassie/model looks just like the one on their team, the other team doesn't even know until my brother QUICKLY CHANGES BACK AND STABS THEM IN THE BACK!!!

anyway, yahtzee, you have to understand about the whole fanboy cattle following transforming toys to the slaughtertron; as fanboys, we HATED the micheal bay transformers movies (the robots looked kinda cool, but so much of the movie pissed me off. DID YOU SEE STARSCREAM IN THE FIRST ONE? WTF? HE'S ALL PAST PUBERTY AND SHIT!!!) we fans know what cattle fodder and what is made for the fans.
Transformers: War for Cybertron was probably the best transformers video games to date, all the other ones (the micheal bay spin off ones) sucked omega supreme's dick. this game however was made by fans for fans, they guys at the studio for this games actually were fans of transformers, so they knew what we wanted; good gameplay mechanics (check), contingency (check), lack of even steven/stanley yelnats/sam witwickey-fuckstick and his girlfriend side kick jennifer's body (check), lack of all spark silliness (check), included every character we loved from G1 and made each one's playing style unique (check), and lastly god damn stan bush did the song at the end (CHECK)

he's the guy that wrote "the touch" and "dare" from the original transformers movie.

so long and short of it yahtzee, go give multiplayer a shot on your holiday, you'll be surprised by how addicting it is (escalation is fun!!!)

brian33a

Aug 26, 2010
Strange, I'm also going to be on vacation next week. If I see him at burning man, I'm going to demand a cartoon and sexual favors, but mostly a cartoon.

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
Why do they transform? Yahtzee, hello!

Transformers... ROBOTS IN DISGUISE.

I found the transforming part to be solid and smooth. Which is exactly what they were going for. You would have complained more if it were clunky, awkward, and difficult to utilise.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
if we can't have yahtzee next week, can we at least have his annoying stand in from the first half of his halo wars review?

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
I liked everything but the hate on Shia Lebouf. Seriously, lay off him. He has apologized several times for his performance in the Crystal Skull. Sheesh.

DBlack

Jul 16, 2009
Have a nice trip, let us know how it went... I suppose we'll find out in 2 weeks by how angry you are in your next video.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I kind of liked the last Transformers game. It was based on the movie...I think, but it was kind of a fun TPS where the transformations actually did provide advantages. Infact, the ability to attack right out of transforming was kind of a fun add on, I wish they'd had gone on with that formula. That being said, while I was never a big transformers fan, they did have some pretty good continuity even if their plots weren't stellar. But this one takes place before they get to earth, and to me that kind of ruins any want I have for the game. I want to turn into Optimus Prime's truck form, not whatever the Cyberton equivalent was.

Coop83

Mar 20, 2010
Going anywhere nice on holiday, Yahtzee? Or are you one of these "I'll just stay at home and sleep more" types?

It was a shame you never referenced how the AI was in this game, since I'd heard good things about it. Apparently the developers had to write a new Engine and AI for the game, because the combat arenas are so large. Perhaps I'll be able to look at this myself some day... when I get a rise... and Osbourne doesn't try to take all of it away in tax.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Deliciously clever this episode was.

I thought the Transformers only turned in to vehicles after getting to Earth and scanning shit. Did this game mess up the canon or am I misremembering?

Either way, middle of the road 3rd person shooters don't interest me.

J1NXY0

Nov 23, 2009
The second film was a dirty mess anyway. The fight scenes weren't epic, I couldn't even tell which Transformer was winning!

wibbit

Mar 8, 2010
I would like to point out that Yahtzee did what Movie Bob did not,

Yahtzee told people he did not like the subject matter with out calling the people who did enjoy it "idiots" and "destroyers of human intelligence".

Yes I am one of those people who will be mad about Movie Bob's expendables review for a long time, and no not because of what he said about expendables but what he said about me because i like expendables.

herio

May 20, 2009
the free to air had some some weird kids programs so in the days be for the net i hardly knew what a transformers a i saw bit of best wars was we we normally just had stuff from the uk

so i dont see what the excitement over transformers is ether there robots they crush things yay

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
I agree With ZP completely and I even watched the first movie. (I got bored during the second one).

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
I don't know why I watch these anymore. I'm so bored of the whole "look for something to hate on, hate on it" approach. I honestly really enjoyed this game. It wasn't outstanding but it was fun. ZP is getting dull.