Zero Punctuation: Transformers: War for Cybertron

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
What 14 days!? How can I live without Zero Punctuation for 2 weeks!? Curses, now I'll just have to find the cure for cancer, looks as though I have alot of time on my hands.

Feb 13, 2008
Poor deprived Yahtzee. Had he had some Transformers toys he might have been an artist instead of a critic.

What? Buying them when 18 is purely acceptable.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
I can't love you, "Yahtzee," for this review enough. Except for the fact that that there won't be another review next week. I've always felt that Transformers sucked, and now I've "Yahtze's" verdict to prove it.

Enjoy your holiday, oppressing some exploited minority on a remote island.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
ForensicYOYO said:
I really didn't expect the stupid excuse for a mech game to do good. So Im glad you said it. The only question I have is If this game was based before the came to Earth why do the still transform into cars? Food for thought. Good job Yatzee.
It's a hell of alot faster than running every where?

Transformer was origionally based off of several series of transformable toy lines by Takara in Japan
(Notice how the toys don't have markings for being Either Autobots or Decepticons.)​

Someone thought those random toy cars, planes,trucks & other assorted items that all turned into robots(Like getting 2 toys in 1) could make a good story to show to kids to sell the toys which already exsist and wouldn't need to be developed from scratch only redecoed and a little retooling.

For an answer in the Transformers universe itself:​

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Ricky Cabrera said:
this is just to make the "FIRST!!" people cry
Then you're just as bad as the people who shout "FIRST!" your intention was to get the first post, same as them. The only difference is that you did it to spite them. So you're really not acting any better then them.

OT: I still wanna get this game, not because I like Transformers, but because I like 3rd person shooters. When done right, they're quite literally my favorite genre.

rossable

Jul 7, 2010
+1 internetz. this franchise died in '86 with the movie.

In the next season (3), we were going to have all these new characters, and people are going to be wondering what happened to the old characters that they liked so much. What we knew, in a business sense, is that they had been discontinued, because they were the 1984/1985 (toy)line ? but, we needed to tie them off. So, we had this one scene where the Autobots basically had to run through a gauntlet of Decepticons. Which basically wiped out the entire '84 product line in one massive "charge of the light brigade". So, whoever wasn't discontinued, stumbled to the end. That scene didn?t make it into the finished movie. But if you think kids were locking themselves in the bedroom over Optimus Prime, basically in that scene they would've seen their entire toy collection wiped out. - The Transformers: The Movie [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers:_The_Movie#Character_deaths]

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Yeah, Transformers was only good through the tinted glasses (because all glasses from the 80s were tinted pink by law) of nostalgia or the tinted glasses of lower intelligence were giant robots that punched other giant robots (that also could be a car) which all seams to only be resolved when they decide to fight on the one planet in the entire universe that is populated by fleshy pink things instead of robots. Oh well.

Have a nice holiday.
The original Transformers is only good when viewed through Nostalgia-goggles.

Beast Wars, however, was something else.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
tredecim said:
Why can't any decent developer actually make a game which takes advantage of the fact things transform into other things! The last game to do that was M.A.S.K. on the ZX Spectrum!
The only one I can remember that was decent (for the early 80s) was Aeroboto [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG6w2x6AilI], AKA Formation Z.

xAFROMANx

Dec 5, 2009
If he does get as much hate mail as he's predicting maybe he can have another mailbag showdown (which was epic), but as for the game and transformers in general...ITS ALL SHIT. the only thing i ever liked about the entire series was the original opening and it wasn't worth it.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
SnootyEnglishman said:
I'm really starting to love the analogies and especially in this one anytime Shia LeBitch came up.
I find it funny that people hate him so much i've put up with him since even stevens on disney channel and I managed to laugh once or twice for that shows run.

I think people hate him for exactly that reason. He is as kevin from ed edd and eddy say a dork. A big one. and nobody likes dorks. Not even other dorks. But everyone thinks dorks are relatable and fun hence why every book I read in high school and middle school had them and is one of the reasons I don't read much.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I have really been enjoying some of the more recent videos, and I really liked this one. Maybe it's because I never was invested into Transformers, either, but I got a lot of where you were coming from in this review.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday.

JakobBloch

Apr 7, 2008
I liked transformers though I do agree it was probably mostly nostaligia. But hey. I don't care. I had fun.

SpikeFT

Nov 18, 2009
Happy Holiday boss see you when you come back. Also your reviews make a point and make us laugh everytime. You`re the reason i played Bioshock, HAWX, Painkiller and many others(though some werent a recommendation and such i feel a sickle in my throat), but i had to experience those for my own good and i got mixed feelings. Cheers mate

Nirth

Feb 12, 2009
101194 said:
Ricky Cabrera said:
this is just to make the "FIRST!!" people cry
Clever.

ZP:

Clever, But mean. Half of us grew up on transformers no reason to diss the entire series just for one game.
Entire series still a stinky pile of crap ^_^

Drone89

Nov 22, 2009
I lol'ed at some parts of this. I'd say that's a good review of the campaign.

idk, I enjoyed the campaign even though I knew it was the same thing in both stories, but the selling point for me was the multi-player which turned out to be much better than I was predicting. I'm already aware that the Yahtzee cares not for the multi-player, but I feel like multiplayer is what this game is for.... I mean u have 3 person Co-op (random ass number if u ask me), Escalation (Robot adaptation of Nazi Zombies), and all that other "do this with your friends" stuff. If you don't have live or hate people then this isn't your game.... unless ur that much of a raving fan boy. I recently lost my Live account and I've always hated people so this game lasted about a week for me.

However...... imo..... multi-player is far less frustrating than COD... and I'd really like to try Escalation but low I hate people =/

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
MowDownJoe said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Yeah, Transformers was only good through the tinted glasses (because all glasses from the 80s were tinted pink by law) of nostalgia or the tinted glasses of lower intelligence were giant robots that punched other giant robots (that also could be a car) which all seams to only be resolved when they decide to fight on the one planet in the entire universe that is populated by fleshy pink things instead of robots. Oh well.

Have a nice holiday.
The original Transformers is only good when viewed through Nostalgia-goggles.

Beast Wars, however, was something else.
It might be, but the fact that it was shot in CGI from the 90's only a couple of years after Toy Story (and without something that is even close to that budget) makes the animation look even more outdated then the original show's makes it hard to watch.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Meh I was poor so I never had any transformers toys as a kid.

So yeah I don't really care about it. But the movies were just craptastical crap. Seriously the GI JOE movie was WAY better than either transformers and that is saying a lot.