Zero Punctuation: Transformers: War for Cybertron

pheipl

Jun 24, 2010
While I only agree with you 40% of the review ... I must say one thing.

WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY HAVE YOU NOT DONE A REVIEW ON METRO 2033 ???

You use the bloody thing as an example in every of your recent videos yet no review, why ?

I know I'm just a fanboy and that's why I want you to review it, but c'mon, I'm sure you have enough reasons to do it yourself and it might be fun to hear you comment about the Librerians :)

V Gray

Feb 13, 2010
OK, I"m officially sick of Zero Punctuation. I knew this day would come eventually, all one trick ponies get boring eventually. Maybe if the man had some actual knowledge about the industry or follow his own advice and try some innovation, I'd be thinking different. I know it's not his fault, but whats more worthless then a critic with only one opinion. So long Yahtzee, I respect you, and thank you for all the laughs, but I just cant keep watching.

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
ITs about time, though something tells me it just got released in Australia or something. I don't see how its THAT bad, but its not like Transformers was ever known for amazing games or anything.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
I was born too late to /nostalgia at the mention of Transformers. For me and my friends, our sole interaction with the franchise has been through movies of a certain Michael. As for the review, entertaining as always.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
viranimus said:
One thing I would have to argue is that nostalgia is and isnt the only positive thing about it. For those who have been wanting a transformers game basically since 1980s, even as astoundingly average the game is on most its levels its still leaps and bounds better than any other transformers game that has yet to exist and in a sense, it offers a glimmer of hope that if the developers who did WFC can clean up a few technical issues and problems have the potential to make a sequel of this be a truly good game, which is more hope than the series has had in game form in an extremely long time.
Somebody hasn't played Transformers [http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Transformers_%28Melbourne_House%29] on the PS2. Still, six years is a long time to wait.

Smallells

Feb 18, 2010
Prime dies? Oh well. The main thing I'm worried about is if anyone doesn't understand Othello. Oh my heart weeps!....or whatever.

Watched one series about 4 years ago for about an entire year - purely because it was on before yu-gi-oh GX (don't start). I was never married to it. And I tried the game when my brother brought it. 20 minutes later - back to Oblivion. It just has no hooks.

Guess watching the movies is useless now? Unless Prime comes back to life somehow. That's always an unexpected plot twist! A robot that reboots. WOW!

Anyway, usual analogy filled video review. Well done and enjoy your holiday.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
Lucane said:
romxxii said:
Also how come some of the TF's don't seem to have their respective abilities, or had them severely altered? Starscream's famed Null-ray cannon, an all-purpose phlebotinum-powered blaster with stun-locking abilities, becomes a sniper rifle anyone can wield. Sideswipe doesn't have his trademark shoulder cannon or jetpack, choosing instead to spin around like a mad robotic top of death. Worst of all, Soundwave only deploys the cassettes when he's a boss; as a playable character his powers are a shield and a static drone. WTF? They should've made the cassettes his powers: deploy Lazerbeak or Ratbat for mobile recon drones, and Rumble/Frenzy as attack drones.

Seriously, how can you fuck this kind of shit up, Activision?!? To think the developers actually called themselves TF fans.
My guess would be when (If it wasn't an idea from the very start.)they planned out the multiplayer of the game ever character model can't have it's own uniqe special ability or sets of them be animated to do specialized moves like ejecting cassettes from there chest without looking like a Soundwave/Blaster rip-off or endup with parts that don't do anything like Sideswipe's shoulder rocket that wouldn't have a purpose in the alternate mode. Here's hoping the sequal sequel (If one is made) adds a little more flare flair and individuality to them all for at least the storymode/Co-op multiplayer.

corrections are mine, sorry feeling like a bit of a spelling Nazi today. :p -- romxxii
Well if they had planned out in making a Soundwave/Blaster ripoff, why not go all the way and make it a specific character class, and make the damned cassettes the class' specific powers. As for the shoulder cannon, that's BS reasoning, since their melee weapons are hidden and only pop out when needed. Same could've been done, and again, have it as a special power.

IMHO, they weren't out to please the fans; instead they just wanted to turn in a quick buck and put in as many possible references to lull the fanbase into a false sense of squee. Case in point: the flying Autobots being called "aerialbots" when the Aerialbots themselves were created post-Cybertron war. Ok, it could be argued that there was that one episode where they travelled back in time, but hell, I was destroying these buggers left and right, and there should've only been 5 Aerialbots! It made sense with the Seekers, which seemed to have unlimited numbers, but then Seekers are supposed to all look like Starscream. The Seeker mooks you encounter have an entirely different character model. They're references in name only, not actual references to iconic characters. And I wanted to buy the game because I wanted to play as these iconic characters. Not as random dying Transformer #23582934.

Personally, I hope they hand over the sequel (if there's to be one at all) to a different development team. Come to think of it, I hope Hasbro hands the game rights to an entirely different publisher.

John Decker

Aug 14, 2010
Well I saw this coming a mile away, I do say the game is fun, just has some issues, the number 1 annoyance is I somtimes hit the magical force me off the platform above the instant death pit, sure i get mad, but still fun, well that and the fact remainsits fun, just don't be a modder, cause that drains fun from everything.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Useless fan post #482

I liked your video. I even played with the toys, but the draw feature of the toys was that I could transform them and see how it all worked. I didn't watch boob-tube as a kid so I missed out on all that drama. And the game doesn't allow me to physically transform the robots. Maybe if they turned it into a puzzle game and allowed you to pick which piece to move when...

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
The Melbourne House Transformers (on PS2) was excellent, play that if you want to switch smoothly between shooting and racing action.

Basically it's like Shadow of the Colossus in sections, and Halo in others. Great game.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
internetzealot1 said:
"Shia LaButtfuck"
Nice.
Except he didn't say it first, Spoony did. It's a well-documented fact Yahtzee likes Spoony's reviews a lot.

Now I must commit myself to the asylum for massive Internet nerds.