Zero Punctuation: Two Worlds II

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
Actually, there is a recent fantasy game with wizards that isn't grim: Magicka. You could only get it less grim by playing the theme for "Monty Python and the Flying Circus".

RyoScar

May 30, 2009
Good to see that South Peak released a decent game. You certaintly will not be strapped for content. The game is worth the money for what you get.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
AssassinJoe said:
OT: Yeah these kinds of role-playing games seem to be trying too hard. It feels like there's almost too much stuff in them.
But that's they way rpgs should be. There should be so much stuff that most players don't get to see everything... at least not on the first playthrough. That's why so many people like rpgs: they're a great value.

Personally, I like when a game stuffs "too much" content into itself, rpg or not. It's one of the things that makes San Andreas so damn endearing.

mercifulwrath

Feb 18, 2011
I was thinking about saying something about the cross until he mentioned it. Didn't know Yahtzee read Cracked.

Fenrar

Feb 10, 2008
I personally had fun with the game.

I played it on the pc with a 360 pad and left up and right on the dpad lets you quick change between 3 equipment sets, wouldnt it have been a better idea to equip a sword and shield in 1 and a bow on the other so you can just switch with them?

Personally I used it for a fighter set a ranger set and a magician set lol

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Why did they even make a sequel? The previous product was bashed to Narnia.
I can understand stuff like "Fallout 3", Hell even "Godfather 3" where the previous stuff was worth it's money. But this is ridicoulus, like "World War II 2 - Now with more Mustach Power!"

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
theCerberus said:
THE VIDEO DOESNT WORK, PLEASE HELP!!!
ALL OTHER VIDEOS WORK ON THE SITE!
As unnecessary as shouting is, I am having the same problem.

DoomBlackDragon

Sep 13, 2008
While I do agrea Two worlds 1 - 2 had alot of prental. The idea was nice and all other then forcing you to play the bounty hunters and not letting you make your characters. The game felt like the spent more time in money on the graphics then the more important stuff lile Gameplay and Story. Yes the gear upgrading system was a great idea. Able to combine two items into a slightly more power items. Poison really feels like poison in their world not this lame monior not really threating dots.

It was a shame they did not do a better job with the two worlds 2. That could have been a great fanticy rpg if they could stop being so damn lazy with their coding.

Then again beside Dragon Age. What was the last good rpg fanticy in the last 10 years. The only thing that came close to good was Morrowind. Which was ok/decent at best.
Do not say oblivion. That game was so bloody terrible. I know it was. I played Daggerfall and Arena back when they where first launched. Sadly those games did not age so well. Infact the remakes are just plan broken and no where near as good as they where on launch. I hoping Skyrim might be a step two the good old days. Having people actully rp and not just smash the exc button on dialog. Hit yes I do it and then let a damn quest marker do all the bloody work for you.

It like the new gamers are just to lazy to even read the quest and rp anymore. They want the game to do all the work for them. Like Oblivion did with both fallout 3 and fallout new vegas. At less New vegas was not afraid to punish you for being an idiot and not reading. Oh look a death claw that I can not hurt at this low level. I am so dead.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
It still sounds exponentially better than the first one, which I which I had never wasted time with...

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Magog1 said:
Maybe not everyone played wild 9. It's the same odd ball reason all the net dorks had to whine about the Lion king being ripped off some obscure anime no ones ever heard of or cared about.
They abused my childhood hero god damnit!!

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
theCerberus said:
THE VIDEO DOESNT WORK, PLEASE HELP!!!
ALL OTHER VIDEOS WORK ON THE SITE!
You know this wont get you any help... No wait it will...

Wait few hours and try again... And don't ever do something like this again.

On topic:

I though ZP couldn't speak that fast when he said hes version on of the "title".
Heart warming and reminder of why I don't buy games till they hit the 3 games for 20euros shelf in my local gamestop.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
This game... actually sounds better than I had first thought, from this video. A good majority of the things Yahtzee was complaining about here are things I tend to like in a game. Complexity and a requirement for perfect accuracy are pluses, as far as I'm concerned.
...now this one's on my bargain bin roster.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
That comment about the Cracked article at the end has me so pleased. When I saw the upside-down cross it was the first thing I thought of.

SuperSamio64

Nov 4, 2010
Good review as ever. Oh, and I just found out Yahtzee is from the same town as me. Obviously he moved to australia to distance himself from its mediocrity.

cube5

Jan 15, 2011
As Cracked (in its collective glory) and zero punctuation are possibly my two favourite things on this so called interweb, I am glad to see some kind of crossover/acknowledgement or whatever...

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
Hmm thats strange i got two euro today and two of my friends lost two euro between them.

Your right where does the second world come from?

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Utterly hilarious. I had to rewind one part because I was laughing too hard at the incredibly evil voice bit to hear what he was saying.

It's a game I've little or no interest in playing, but for laughs per second this is Yahtzee's best in ages.