Zero Punctuation: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I am AFK

Sep 20, 2009
well it does look like a bland game nothing I would be interested in since I like to take a big gun & run throw waves of the other team

jorgemalgom

Apr 15, 2009
funny review, really.
I don't know what people see in bestselling games like this or mw1, for me they both suck. Isn´t gameplay the most important things in A game?

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Eh, I still think its a good game due to the fact that it sets a standard for storytelling that all games should in my opinion be attempting to meet. Nevertheless, hilarious review as always.

I liked the nod to Dragon Age at the end, I hope we can assume that will be in the coming weeks, also still would love to hear Borderlands get ripped apart. Boring overrated pos

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Nice, way to cut through the pretty graphics hype.

Graphics are good and in a tie with Killzone 2 in displaying the PS3s capabilities. Gameplay--we've been there and done that. Animations were at best average among games: repetitive, stilted, and uninteresting. The story was good only if you think National Treasure was high cinema. Overall a silly and forgettable game. We see it falling off the charts already and it will be gone in another month or two.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Carnagath said:
That was quite a forced bashing, and felt like it too. Yeah, it's a pop corn game in the same sense that Aliens is a pop corn action movie, but they are both classics in their own field. This game is the most fun ride I've had with an action game since...well, I can't even remember, and it does deserve all the praise it's getting in my opinion.
Apparently it doesn't matter if you enjoy the game.

Mr. Reviewer has spoken and his herd of blind followers hoot and squeek in agreement.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
duchaked said:
HUBILUB said:
duchaked said:
RAND00M said:
stiver said:
Man definitely going to skip this.
Good looking games have never been the reason to get it. Bad gameplay is best avoided.

boring concepts.
I´m gonna guess that you're one of those people that take his reviews seriously.
I'm gonna guess that you're a PS3 owner?
What's with this prejudice? Are you going to accuse him of being a fanboy now?
no! =) I am acknowledging some level of heightened emotions (an observation really)
I own a PS3 anyway
but really I just found the comment on Yahtzee a bit unwarranted (I can almost agree with the arguments there, but it's all in how you say it)
I can sense those emotions too, and it's mostly because people are saying that they're passing up on a game based on a review from YAHTZEE! I know that Yahtzee is entitled to his opinions, but the only thing he did in the review was to pick on the bad things (I'm not complaining at him at all, it's his job and it's fun) but that makes everyone who hasn't played the game think it's flawed and starts to criticize it.

I don't hate Yahtzee, I love the man (almost in a gay way) but I hate some of his stupid fans that don't take the things he says with a grain of salt. It's like when he bashed Halo 3, now everyone loves to bash that game. I'm not saying this as a sony fanboy, but as an Uncharted 2 fanboy, because I loved that game.

Fanboy-spasm over. Sorry if I caused you any emotional distress ;)

Odjin

Nov 14, 2007
Uhm... waiting for something to come around that matters... and then comes Dragon Age? Come on Yathzee... where did your taste go. That's not something to wait for... that's something to pummel and tear :p

wyldefire

Feb 27, 2008
Hmm, I think Yahtzee's scorn is undercut somewhat by him admitting last week that he actually enjoyed the game. He did bring the bile though that's for sure.

Also haha at all the people who are going to pass up on this game because of what Yahtzee says. Why don't you roll over so he can stomp on the other side of your face. (Longtime viewers will get this statement.)

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Odjin said:
Uhm... waiting for something to come around that matters... and then comes Dragon Age? Come on Yathzee... where did your taste go. That's not something to wait for... that's something to pummel and tear :p
Just play it on easy and you can forget the travesty that is smacking your head on the pause button every second so you don't die instantly in normal and up. Makes the game actually a ton of fun. Unless you enjoy that sort of thing ;)

edit: But yeah, I'd say Assassin's Creed 2 is a much better thing to look forward to.

JSkunk22

May 20, 2009
So he liked it then? Or at least had two sentences saying it was enjoyable, though unlike other reviews he hardly made a clear distinction.

Peace Frog

May 31, 2008
He said it was standard, done-before stuff plus visuals that confuse him.
Woot, Dragon Age matters xD

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
lwm3398 said:
Damn. You know, my friend told me it was a great game, all cinematic and adventurous and sandbox-y... I was just gonna wait for a little confirmation.

Well, it seems I've saved sixty dollars.
Yes, screw trying the game yourself so you can form your own opinion.

LostintheWick

Sep 29, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Carnagath said:
That was quite a forced bashing, and felt like it too. Yeah, it's a pop corn game in the same sense that Aliens is a pop corn action movie, but they are both classics in their own field. This game is the most fun ride I've had with an action game since...well, I can't even remember, and it does deserve all the praise it's getting in my opinion.
Apparently it doesn't matter if you enjoy the game.

Mr. Reviewer has spoken and his herd of blind followers hoot and squeek in agreement.
OR... the "herd" actually agrees. I know I do. Good game (it deserves its praise), but it has its flaws like any other title. Mr. Reviewer says just that, but in a louder and more entertaining fashion.

Ultimately, ANYTHING can get picked apart if you just try.

Manawa

May 13, 2009
I knew Yahtzee was gonna ripp Uncharted 2 to shreads, having in mind how much he loved the first one:D
It is even more funny considering that on Game Trailers people are writing hatemail and trolling any review becouse this game was rated 9.3, compared to Halo 3 or GTA4 (both were 9.8) it is really an abuse of the year toward fanboys:)
That's why I love Ben - he does not give a f*ck about the hype.

Armanox15

Nov 9, 2009
Nice review, Yahtzee. You're absolutely right - beautiful, but everything else is boring. I hope you make a CoD:Modern Warfare 2 review soon.

XwingVmanX

May 28, 2008
This is what I love about zero punctuation. He can take a game I completely love and what seems to be near flawless in my opinion, and still rip it apart lol

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
HAHA buttery popcorn DOES smell a bit like piss. lol anyway I thought this one was a bit bland... I think this would have been a good review to have done something "different" (like castle Wolfinstien limerick) but then again you have been in the states so I'm sure that may have thrown yahtzee off schedule so I really shouldn't criticizes...

Wait I just had a realization... it's Compelling! HAHAHA! (ENN)