Zero Punctuation: Webcomics

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Webcomics

This week, Yahtzee takes apart the making of a successful gaming webcomic, or: how to make millions of gamers happy with the minimum amount of effort.

njsykora

Sep 11, 2007
So what you're saying is 'don't be Tim Buckley'. I thought that was an unspoken rule.

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
lol thats a nice break from reviewing games, still funny as always.

YYZed

Jun 25, 2008
i dont read very many webcomics so i dont think i can relate very well.

i still thought it was good but ive seen much better.

SaneIntolerant

Jan 21, 2008
As much as it was obvious that you were taking a shot at a webcomic I happen to like, I must say that my broad sense of humor found much enjoyment in this which is probably more than I can say for anyone who cusses you out after this is linked to on the CAD forums.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I decided to venture onto the forums there and found that there was already a thread on this video. I ended up finding this little gem.

"i like him, hes a funny guy...but theres no reason for him to make fun of something just cause he doesnt like it."

I thought that was the point of most of Yahtzee's reviews?

Also, Buckley himself locked the thread and said that everyone is entitled to their opinion. That kinda negates your whole drama argument now.

RWDY

Feb 25, 2008
Absolutely titslappingly awesome. What a great break from gaming reviews, and I totally agree with you on all points. It's about damned time somebody as public as Yahtzee took on the towering monstrosity that is CAD. ... and others too, I guess.

The Anonymous Mr P

Apr 17, 2008
Hehe, what shenanigans shall erupt from this one?

As for the video itself, I can only conclude important information such as franchising and starting an epic flamewar with a fellow miscreant will follow in a sequel.

At least, I hope so.

yeahyeahyouwere

Jul 2, 2008
HAHA! WAM! Right in Buckley's kisser.

I still read CAD, it's still worth a laugh from time to time, but it's not nearly what it used to be.

Above all else, from what he writes, Buckley seems to be a total ass. I always tolerated it when the comic was good and funny, but now, I am slowly starting to move it down the short list of comics I read regularly.

elpresidente

Feb 10, 2008
The only web comic I've ever read entirely was "Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman". It was rather droll, witty, and sidesplitting.