Zero Punctuation: Wet

morpher80

Nov 11, 2007
And my firend wanted to buy this game. Is there a demo out for this game please let me know if there is one i would like to try it to see if its even worth renting.

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
funny as always , and im glad he called BS on all that film-like stuff, especially the red/black events which my brother crapped his pants over but it was the exact same fucking thing as 10 seconds ago, only now it was easier to kill people, and you didnt have to use the shitty revolvers

speaking of the revolvers, they had moon clips with 20 bullets ,which is impossible, unless the bullet caliber is taken down to a .022 shorts and then it wouldnt be able to even kill anyone

purplegothchick

Mar 19, 2009
Aww, I liked WET...

Funny review though, I knew he would hate it, far too many QTEs

Also, it was too short (finished it in 2 days) and the bad guys weren't utilised properly

Dimbo_Sama

Mar 20, 2009
The 'Loading Screen singularity' bit made me laugh so much my ass hurt.

It congured many memories of games where I thought that was happening although I must say it's never actually crashed on one before.

BioSaber

Apr 15, 2009
love your shit, but when you review Uncharted 2: Among Thieves then you will know what Cinematic Gamplay really is. it beats every summer blockbuster that came out this year.

MuD3

Jun 22, 2009
williebaz said:
Yahtzee you should really think about reviewing ODST all the things you complained about are gone:

No "Pants on head retarded AI's" (you rarely encounter NPCs)
while i'm not a very big halo fan(don't hate it just find it an extremely average series of games)i thought ODST was actually good. they should have made this into a full game, it is far better than the other halo games. however, you do encounter NPCs a lot. in fact you are paired with a different one in every single level other than the streets inbetween levels and the first real level. and yes, they are still "pants on head retarded".

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Ha! That "game crashes quietly behind loading screen" happened to me too.

Great game, though not alot of replay value.

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
After playing the demo for this game i simply must go out and buy it.
HE might hate QTE and cinematic gameplay but for me those are huge pluses.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
MuD3 said:
williebaz said:
Yahtzee you should really think about reviewing ODST all the things you complained about are gone:

No "Pants on head retarded AI's" (you rarely encounter NPCs)
while i'm not a very big halo fan(don't hate it just find it an extremely average series of games)i thought ODST was actually good. they should have made this into a full game, it is far better than the other halo games. however, you do encounter NPCs a lot. in fact you are paired with a different one in every single level other than the streets inbetween levels and the first real level. and yes, they are still "pants on head retarded".
Oh, well I was referring to the generic marines, they don't seem to get in the way much. The "pants on head retarded" ones seemed to die very quickly though which was my point.

noncon

Sep 11, 2009
Never was interested in the game to begin with. From what little I did see the game tried to sell itself on sex appeal, and if a game isn't going to respect me, I'm not going to respect it enough to check it out. Friend played it and brought up pretty much everything Yahtzee mentioned, except Yahtzee didn't bring up that you can't skip the grindhouse trailer cutscenes and that the game is absolutely hideous without the grindhouse filter.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Well personally I enjoyed the game but only because it was a break from the normal 50 billion fucking FPS games that come out, not because it was good, I think my standard of games has dropped to "is it an FPS? Is it a JRPG? Oh sweet, finally something interesting to play"