Zero Punctuation: Yahtzee Goes to GDC

kanetsb

Sep 13, 2007
There seems to be some problem with this weeks's vid... It's making beep sounds from time to time that kinda sound like a student getting rolled over by a tank in Tiananmen square...

Did they tell you to "tone it the f[beep] down?"

Wyatt

Feb 14, 2008
leafcats said it best i think. can the people at the GDC not be subjected to cuss words or something? and if so how did the GDC officials decide to offer a spot to Yahtzee? did they not watch his work before hand? i mean common, yahtzee without cussing makes no God damn sense. beeping yahtzee in one of his videos is like making strippers dance in a 3 piece suit not letting them TAKE IT OFF.

EMaster

Jan 31, 2008
Great as always except for one thing.... it's censored!!!! I know it has to be for the GDC people but over here it does not have to be. What is this? America and Canada where everything needs to be censored???? I know I am just throwing it out of proportion. But an uncensored version would be ace. I still like it regardless. Oh well, one time censored is not going to hurt.

duhman0008

Oct 14, 2007
Erzei said:
duhman0008 said:
Erzei said:
duhman0008 said:
Why the f$%# was this video censored?
+1

Plz dont do that again!

Also... regular video...
1- Don't do what?

2- What the hell is +1

3- Who are you

4- And I wouldn't call this a regular video since it was censored
1.- Well, that's for Yahtzee... don't censor the video. It's like having sex and then your girlfriend tells you "STOP"

2.- For me it's like saying (or typing in this case) "I agree with u"

3.- A mexican boy

4.- Agree... xD
Oh OK, cool.

Crowbites said:
That was pretty awesome. So very true about DNF

duhman0008 said:
Why the f$%# was this video censored?
Ah, irony.

Ya I know, that's why I did it :p

Bombader

Nov 21, 2007
leafcats said:
Bombader said:
Jeez you people, this was played in front of a live studio audience! Apparently they were too lazy to uncenser some things, and generally it was a recap of the year, it is the GDC after all.
It's not the reason that it was censored that's the problem (or at least, the entire problem), it was the fact that it was censored POORLY. If they didn't want people to hear the big bad naughty words then whoever censored it should've done so that you couldn't tell what the words were at all as opposed to just making a very annoying albeit short beep in the middle of the word.
Meh I don't know, it never really bothered me as much. I guess I had some ringing in my ears or something.

Edit: It appears he made some return jokes from the PC gamer as well.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
DethFanatic said:
This is the first ZP review i have actually failed to laugh at...it just was not funny, it didnt cover any new ground, and was rather like one of those very annoying re-cap episodes you find in just about every single fucking science fiction series.

I have to agree with you. I didn't find it very funny either. Maybe because most of the jokes I've seen before. And most jokes hade beeps over them.

Jiki

Jan 21, 2008
It seems a lot of people watch the vids just to hear a dude with a cool accent cussing really fast. I would call that pretty "meh" for I didn't even notice the censoring before reading about it. Doesn't notice, doesn't care, or what. The fact that somebody said it was played before an audience explains the censoring, tho I thought at first when reading about it that it was some sarcastic joke towards award shows where you shouldn't really cuss. Never thought this was "serious business". :p

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
I dident really notice the swearing until afterwards either and i am considering if you guys are all lieing to piss me off or something.

I actualy think its the best ZP in a long time, the "stop throwing rocks att your cars" and "Bees" part were hysterical.

feek

Feb 21, 2008
the censorship was stupid and annoying, but i love the idea of Duke being the greatest cultural contribution in history.

Corbineau

Nov 20, 2007
lol covered in bees.

That said, there's really not much one can say about it, save that Bioshock Guy/Jack winning for FPS faceless guy of 2007 says yes to me. I mean... video for purpose, purpose accomplished, we're good to go.

though I do agree with wanting to see the reaction of the intended audience. Considering I even read these comments.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Just a couple of points:

1. Not a single mention of Portal? Doubleyou-tee-eff?
2. So we finally got to see Yahtzee's drawing of Sonic. At long last.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Kingofblades2278 said:
Maybe I'm getting the analogy wrong, but did he just say that the 360 was the worst console there?
He sees most of us as "console tards" and lets face it most anoying people are xboxers.
To prove my point, I will now give your email to spam sites -enjoy.